How are you planning on purchasing your Z? / Lease or Buy?

How are you paying?

• Total voters

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
the only way a lease would make sense for me is to get a performance when it launches to beat dealer adm, then keep it a year or two until the nismo comes out.

...best of both worlds?

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
the only way a lease would make sense for me is to get a performance when it launches to beat dealer adm, then keep it a year or two until the nismo comes out.

...best of both worlds?
I like how you think but, you're milage limited and can't mod - heaven help you if a careless idiot dings your door.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Yes, you can mod your leased car, however, you must revert it back to stock upon turn-in at the end of the lease. There are no inspections during the lease.

Remember, you have three options at the end: buy it for the predetermined residual value to keep (you'll pay sales tax), turn it in, or sell the car yourself (the buyer pays sells tax when they payoff the residual).

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
I'm planning to keep this car forever (unless the TAS proto orange is available next year) so I'm buying mine.

My wife leased a Rogue previously. The dealer (not the one I'm buying the Z from) ended up nailing us on every little ding and scratch when she turned it in. I'm not going down that road again.

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
Buy (financed): ~$40K OTD (assumed ~MSRP $38K)
3yrs is $1111/mo
5yrs is $666/mo

Buy (financed): ~$45K OTD
3yrs is $1250/mo
5yrs is $750/mo

Buy (financed): ~$50K OTD
3yrs is $1388/mo
5yrs is $833/mo

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Buy (financed): ~$40K OTD (assumed ~MSRP $38K)
3yrs is $1111/mo
5yrs is $666/mo

Buy (financed): ~$45K OTD
3yrs is $1250/mo
5yrs is $750/mo

Buy (financed): ~$50K OTD
3yrs is $1388/mo
5yrs is $833/mo
With $0 down, 0% interest.

I got that deal on my 370Z. Sadly I don't see it happening again anytime soon.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
I'm planning to keep this car forever (unless the TAS proto orange is available next year) so I'm buying mine.
I dunno about next year but, I'm willing to bet there will be a Heritage Orange and a Green color offered down the line.

I'm willing to bet Nissan may offer special 1 year only colors like they have done in the past with the Z, I wouldn't be surprised if the current Yellow was the color for 2023.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
0% for up to 72mos is a thing in 2022.
I just wouldn't think they'll have that promo on a new Z anytime soon is what I meant. I'll put a nice chunk down on it anyway, but I'm all about the 0% part ?

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
I just wouldn't think they'll have that promo on a new Z anytime soon is what I meant. I'll put a nice chunk down on it anyway, but I'm all about the 0% part ?
Yeah, but one never knows. A hefty down payment should certainly help sway the possibilities in our favor (I'm aiming to do the same). Also considering exploring financing outside of Nissan, too—options are always a good thing. Would be kind of nice to walk into dealership w/ a pre-approved arrangement and be like "whatcha gonna do to beat this?"

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah, but one never knows. A hefty down payment should certainly help sway the possibilities in our favor (I'm aiming to do the same). Also considering exploring financing outside of Nissan, too—options are always a good thing.
Believe me, I hope I'm wrong! They really are worth exploring. The only time I've used financing through the dealer was that time as no one other than NMAC was going to offer $0/0%. There's two local credit unions that I typically prefer to use instead.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Believe me, I hope I'm wrong! They really are worth exploring. The only time I've used financing through the dealer was that time as no one other than NMAC were going to offer $0/0%. There's two local credit unions that I typically prefer to use instead.
For sure. Similar experience re: dealership financing (only once), went credit union route awhile back and it was honestly a dream in comparison. In an ideal scenario, I wanna be as in/out at the dealership with this car as possible. Show me where to sign, give me the keys, good day! (burnout leaving parking lot)