How are you planning on purchasing your Z? / Lease or Buy?

How are you paying?

• Total voters

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
If everything stays on course financially then I'll probably put down between 20-40% and finance the rest. I got 0% financing through NMAC on my 370Z and won't fight them too hard on it should they offer it again on the new Z at some point :D

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
i had been saving for almost 4 years waiting to buy what would have been my 4th supra.
when it turned out to be a zupr4, i didnt pull the trigger.
i took some of it and built a 60x40 shop building instead.

the rest has been burning a hole in my pocket. almost bought a wrx sti, r32 gtr and a mkii mr2.
held off to see how the z and 2022 wrx turned out. if i get the z or wrx it will be cash. if i get the sti half and half.
i would use the rest of the money to get my mkiv up to a reliable 700-900 rwhp.

but to be honest i should have picked up the r32 before the prices went thru the roof...thats been a bucket list car.
ive kicked around selling one of my two fd's...cause who needs 2 rotary engines? ....this guy!

edit: after reading my post, i don't want to come off as a baller...im just a regular joe.

when i said 4th supra, i didn't mean owning 4. i currently own just 1, a 95 hardtop (usdm). ive had a 93 hardtop (jdm) and an 88 targa both of which i traded or sold. so, not rich...im just blessed!

Last edited:

ZZ2022

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2008 R35 GTR
i had been saving for almost 4 years waiting to buy what would have been my 4th supra.
when it turned out to be a zupr4, i didnt pull the trigger.
i took some of it and built a 60x40 shop building instead.

the rest has been burning a hole in my pocket. almost bought a wrx sti, r32 gtr and an mkii mr2.
held off to see how the z and 2022 wrx turned out. if i get the z or wrx it will be cash. if i get the sti half and half.
i would use the rest of the money to get my mkiv up to a reliable 700-900 rwhp.

but to be honest i should have picked up the r32 before the prices went thru the roof...thats been a bucket list car.
ive kicked around selling one of my two fd's...cause who needs 2 rotary engines? ....this guy!
The STi or Z are my choices for a new car, and it will depend on which is available first, price and specs. They will both be great cars.

If The supra was actually a Toyota and manual, then it would have been that

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
The STi or Z are my choices for a new car, and it will depend on which is available first, price and specs. They will both be great cars.

If The supra was actually a Toyota and manual, then it would have been that
we think alike my friend...

the funny thing is. if i could find a decent, stockish, low mile 98-99 gsx eclipse, thats what id get as a daily.
buy they are harder to find then a gallon jug of unicorn tears.

DatChief

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L
Occupation
Active Duty
Am I the only one that's going to wait? I plan on buying it used in a few years so I can have a better sense of what I want to achieve with the car. This will help me determine whether I want a nismo and what kind of power I can expect after modding

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Am I the only one that's going to wait? I plan on buying it used in a few years so I can have a better sense of what I want to achieve with the car. This will help me determine whether I want a nismo and what kind of power I can expect after modding
if there are crazy markups ill wait...
funny years ago, you never paid msrp....now tis expected.
im not gonna pay more.