Honda Civic Type-R Discussion - 5th & 6th gen (2017+)

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I was browsing the Civic forum, seems there's several hundred CTRs at port, with significant deliveries being offloaded on a relatively frequent basis.
Subaru have heaps of BRZs up for sale in Aus too, and Hyundai also bringing cars in….lots of manufacturers have their crap together now….just not Nissan

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
So I'm late to the party here, but I feel like the old wing on the new car would be perfect.

The old car looks more imposing to me, though I really like the side windows of the new car better.

Either way, I can't wait to see an Integra Type R (S? whatever they'd call it) as spy shots have leaked with that car in testing. For someone like me who can't quite pull off boy racer, the Integra would be an extremely compelling choice as the CTR punches above its weight in a lot of respects. Its Nurburgring times are up there with some all time greats. That's something I couldn't ignore while also having the utility and my ability to take my kids with me on adventures.

NecioVato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370z Nismo 6MT
Occupation
web developer

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
So I'm late to the party here, but I feel like the old wing on the new car would be perfect.

The old car looks more imposing to me, though I really like the side windows of the new car better.

Either way, I can't wait to see an Integra Type R (S? whatever they'd call it) as spy shots have leaked with that car in testing. For someone like me who can't quite pull off boy racer, the Integra would be an extremely compelling choice as the CTR punches above its weight in a lot of respects. Its Nurburgring times are up there with some all time greats. That's something I couldn't ignore while also having the utility and my ability to take my kids with me on adventures.
The wing on the Gen 11 CTR looks like something from the old JC Whitney catalog, I wonder if it can be ordered without....

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Thats an amazing price for msrp if u can get it. This just tells me nissan is making huge profits at the performance z and proto trim

NecioVato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370z Nismo 6MT
Occupation
web developer
Thats an amazing price for msrp if u can get it. This just tells me nissan is making huge profits at the performance z and proto trim
Even if we weren’t dealing with shortages and a pandemic - I feel this car wouldn’t be going for MSRP. Looking at when the 2017 model came out - it wasn’t uncommon for markups to occur. I know the car is going to be good for what it is - a economy car that has had a lot of it’s bits replaced for track/speed but still…..$42k MSRP is a bit high; then again - the Golf R seems to be closer to $50k so what do I know haha.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Good breakdown and review of the advancements versus last gen, this car is gonna be a monster https://www.thedrive.com/new-cars/2...wd-hot-hatch-price-specs-impressions-new-cars

Reading it also really, really makes me wish Honda would bring back the S2000. it still sounds like they have some very brilliant, very capable engineers putting together these packages and god, to think what they could do with a roadster...