Has Z production already started?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
99% of parts are the same, so it's the same line, with one station changed to accommodate a specific run of a certain configuration.
I thought it would be the case, however as @jezzza said, I don’t think we have seen a RHD yet.
Thus my thought process especially as it’s widely expected that the US will get first allocations.
who knows, maybe you guys will start getting a trickle through late Feb early March, then that would make the timeline of April in Japan line up with Aus …as we both drive on the same side.

I don’t know …could be totally wrong and most likely am, as I said…just thinking outside the box

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
I thought it would be the case, however as @jezzza said, I don’t think we have seen a RHD yet.
Thus my thought process especially as it’s widely expected that the US will get first allocations.
who knows, maybe you guys will start getting a trickle through late Feb early March, then that would make the timeline of April in Japan line up with Aus …as we both drive on the same side.

I don’t know …could be totally wrong and most likely am, as I said…just thinking outside the box
For what it's worth, this car is geared with the USDM in mind with the JDM as a secondary focus......the rest of the word comes after.

Based on the photos I've seen online - All the early Zs leaving the factory thus far have been LHD with USDM "Z" badges on the back.

I assume that American production is underway and the 1st priority. ;)

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
For what it's worth, this car is geared with the USDM in mind with the JDM as a secondary focus......the rest of the word comes after.

Based on the photos I've seen online - All the early Zs leaving the factory thus far have been LHD with USDM "Z" badges on the back.

I assume that American production is underway and the 1st priority. ;)
I fear you are right…the only thing that keeps me hopeful…is their home country Japan also drive on the left .…hopefully they have started for us too

Last edited:

Lin626

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I didn't see a press release for the Ariya, but I think production has already started.

009_o.jpg
This shot looks more like Ariya pre-production to me. I used to work in automated manufacturing facilities (not vehicles though) and leaving a cardboard box and some other item on the jig is usually only something tolerated during the production setup phases. Otherwise, the cardboard box and other item under the car in this photo is considered FOD and wouldn't be allowed during actual production.

Likely Nissan is running the tooling/robots at low speed, calibrating and testing the production line.

I HIGHLY doubt Nissan can secure the resources to build any significant numbers of Ariya in 2022. Everyone who builds EVs has currently dialed back all of their production projections for 2022 significantly.

As for RHD Z cars, haven't we seen pics of "Fairlady Z" on car transporters? Wouldn't those be RHD? They had the "Fairlady Z" badge on the spoiler....

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
This shot looks more like Ariya pre-production to me. I used to work in automated manufacturing facilities (not vehicles though) and leaving a cardboard box and some other item on the jig is usually only something tolerated during the production setup phases. Otherwise, the cardboard box and other item under the car in this photo is considered FOD and wouldn't be allowed during actual production.

Likely Nissan is running the tooling/robots at low speed, calibrating and testing the production line.

I HIGHLY doubt Nissan can secure the resources to build any significant numbers of Ariya in 2022. Everyone who builds EVs has currently dialed back all of their production projections for 2022 significantly.

As for RHD Z cars, haven't we seen pics of "Fairlady Z" on car transporters? Wouldn't those be RHD? They had the "Fairlady Z" badge on the spoiler....
RHD possibly, you are mostly likely right …you’d expect the ones In Japan to be so….just haven’t seen seen one, if that makes sense….like seen a steering wheel or something REALLY obvious

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
RHD possibly, you are mostly likely right …you’d expect the ones In Japan to be so….just haven’t seen seen one, if that makes sense….like seen a steering wheel or something REALLY obvious
Yeah, I've only seen the Fairlady Z badges on a car carrier.... wasn't able to determine the interior setup.

One thing mentioned about the Fairlady Z badge, it's on the spoiler, and there's no Z badge on the rear panel. It seems as whatever market those cars go to, the spoiler will be mandatory.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Yeah, I've only seen the Fairlady Z badges on a car carrier.... wasn't able to determine the interior setup.

One thing mentioned about the Fairlady Z badge, it's on the spoiler, and there's no Z badge on the rear panel. It seems as whatever market those cars go to, the spoiler will be mandatory.
"Fairlady Z" in JDM only, "Z" everywhere else, Spolierless JDM Zs will have the badge on the hatch cocked at an angle like the Proto.