First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
April 1, eh? Nothing suspicious about that date at all...

In all seriousness, was wondering if we'd get some news out of TAS. Also, 200 Proto specs to Japan? Leaving 40 for rest of globe? I'm suspicious of that, unless I'm reading it wrong
I believe it is 200 for Japan and 240 for North America (per the unveiling back in August). No idea about the rest of the world.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
I think it's obvious that preproduction has started. Now the real question is when will mass production began? If Nissan's goal is to have them in showrooms by spring, I don't think we're too far away.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
I think y'all are missing something.

That release states this is the original timeline, but due to chip shortages, etc there may be a change in the schedule. It also relies on dealer info, and not Nissan.

Screenshot_20220105-165520_Chrome.jpg

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Here's the Google translate of the below article. I'm not sure how accurate the source is, though. The below dates are for the domestic market. No mention of dates for the US or other markets. There will be 200 Proto spec versions available for purchase in the Japan domestic market.

https://creative311.com/?p=132261

1641415988373.png
Well it appears Nissan Australia have already got their numbers for consignment and sold them all…for the Proto at any rate.
they have already halted sales for it, stating they have already exhausted their allocated
we haven’t been told how many are allocated in Aus, but 200 Japan, 240 US…I’m guessing around 100 Aus …then there is Canada, and quite a number of others….im not sure how “ limited” it will actually be.

Last edited:

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
By the way, the Nissan New Fairlady Z (Z34), a big minor change version of the Japanese
specification
whose details will be revealed at the Tokyo Auto Salon 2022 on January 14, 2022
Very curious what these means. Bad translation or will there be a JDM specific version?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Very curious what these means. Bad translation or will there be a JDM specific version?
Question…because I have no idea about the manufacturing process ….would they make left and right hand drives at the same time?
With one guy in here saying his dealer expects them next month, is it possible they would manufacturer a large quantity for the US and then move onto the left?
that would explain the difference in timelines

I would assume they would usually produce them in unison just on different lines, just thinking outside the box

Lin626

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB
Has everyone signed up for the Z update / Nissan newsroom update?

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Question…because I have no idea about the manufacturing process ….would they make left and right hand drives at the same time?
I don't believe that we've seen a single RHD version yet? Unless a Fairlady badged Z on a truck counts..

It's safe to assume that initial production will be LHD models for the US market.

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
Jezzza,
1641430262559.png

It actually says "big minor change VERSION" by translation.
However, in Japanese automotive term.. it basically means MMC in US term.
FMC: full model change
MMC: big minor change = mid model change
:)

Last edited:

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
Jezzza,
1641430262559.png

It actually says "big minor change VERSION" by translation.
However, in Japanese automotive term.. it basically means MMC in US term.
FMC: full model change
MMC: big minor change = mid model change
:)
I believe he is referring to the new Z still having the chassis code Z34 (Z34.5).

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
With one guy in here saying his dealer expects them next month, is it possible they would manufacturer a large quantity for the US and then move onto the left?
that would explain the difference in timelines

I would assume they would usually produce them in unison just on different lines, just thinking outside the box
99% of parts are the same, so it's the same line, with one station changed to accommodate a specific run of a certain configuration.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Hope he is right but doubt it…
Yeah, I wanna believe as well but that seems like really tight timing considering there is a laundry list of things that have yet to be confirmed, including but not limited to price, weight, performance, reviews, etc etc. Plus, February is still technically "winter" and they've kept pushing "spring 2022" for release date.

Might just be their way of keeping you interested in working with them?