HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Current rides?

BraveDemon

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Toyota Supra; 19 Audi TT-RS; 15 GLA45 AMG
Congrats and nice ride @therumblewagon! Coincidentally I just watched the Everyday Driver comparison between the N and the new CTR and I was really impressed with the N. Great color choice too.

On topic: Currently dailying the 2015 GLA45. Supra only when I drive solo - basically Fridays only. Never get to drive the RR, either wife is out with it… or it’s in the shop… lol.

Thisguy298

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 GTI
It's quite a pivot from the Z, but I had this delivered last month. 2022 Elantra N, 6MT, Cyber Gray. Secured it at MSRP a few states over, which rules. Was trying to hold out for a Z, that's still a struggle, was debating a GR86 but I don't want a Subaru engine, GRC's are Unobtanium, would like a new M2 but that's a) not until later this year and b) I don't want to pay interest at that level of money so started doing some research and this entered the picture.

Holy hell, what a car. I'm convinced Gandalf or Dumbledore lives within the LSD, and N mode is just stupid fun. Car drives on rails. Photos don't do them justice, either - I wasn't sure about it until seeing it in person and spending more time with it. Now I can't help but to turn back every time I park it and admire. Really grows on you.

I'm no photographer by any means so forgive the quality, but during my racking up the break-in mileage I couldn't resist a trip to a place where I very much intend on taking it one day. Going to start out with autocross and get my chops back, probably Thunderhill for first track day since it seems to be a bit more forgiving. It's been many moons since I've had something sporty that enjoys being thrashed around, couldn't be happier about it. Ultimate stress relief.

EN Sonoma.png
Same, looking at GRC, the twins, Hyundai VN/EN, GTI, & CTR. Wanted a VN, but those ain't in prod. anymore :(, so the interest on financing is now through the rough cause they are all used. Think I'm going to get a base GTI DSG and wait a few years for perhaps a '24/'25 Z if they are still making them by then. Get a JB4 piggyback for a gti, some RE71R tires, and that'd be enough for me for a while. Comes with an LSD up front, too; need to spend well over $50k on a Z to get that

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
......Thinking an old muscle car.
Well, I'm also looking for a particular muscle car because of a) had actual Trans Am history with Dan Gurney, and b) mom had one years ago, family nostalgia. Not easy to find in clean unmolested condition. Planning to restomod it.

1967-68 Mercury Cougar XR-7 or GT, manual trans a MUST. Don't care of the engine since will be rebuilt with forged internals. Very cool clean lines with hideaway headlights and sequential taillight blinkers!

FYI, first HS car was a 1970 Plymouth Barracuda, could not touch those anymore, $$$$$

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
Well, I'm also looking for a particular muscle car because of a) had actual Trans Am history with Dan Gurney, and b) mom had one years ago, family nostalgia. Not easy to find in clean unmolested condition. Planning to restomod it.

1967-68 Mercury Cougar XR-7 or GT, manual trans a MUST. Don't care of the engine since will be rebuilt with forged internals. Very cool clean lines with hideaway headlights and sequential taillight blinkers!

FYI, first HS car was a 1970 Plymouth Barracuda, could not touch those anymore, $$$$$
I do like the XR-7 but they are a bit big for me. Smaller cars are more my style. I have already had 4 2nd gen Camaros, 64 Mustang and a 70 Nova so want to try something different this time around. Maybe I will get another Bug and shove a LS up front! Been searching for a 240Z but as you know, its not an easy task anymore. 15 years ago people were basically throwing them away. A 510 would be sweet too but even more rare. Thinking a shoebox Nova may be next.

Z34_2.0

First Name
Homer
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?

supra93

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Occupation
Pastry Chef
Thanks, I ran across that one about a week ago.

The SO actually wants an auto lol.

It's also a theft car, so who knows what the thefts did to it. The listing states no keys and the start code is stationary. Lots of red flags imo, but might be worth it if you're willing to roll the dice.
Yeah, this one definitely isn't for me.

I'm planning on getting one eventually, but it will probably be after I graduate later this year.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Hyundai and Kia make just about the best cars nowadays, with killer tech and very attractive stylings! I really like the EV6, so futuristic. Congrats, that's a beauty.
Thanks! And agreed - we contemplated trying to get an IONIQ5 before getting the CX but they were hard to find, let alone without markup. Such neat looking designs, I love it.

Congrats and nice ride @therumblewagon! Coincidentally I just watched the Everyday Driver comparison between the N and the new CTR and I was really impressed with the N. Great color choice too.

On topic: Currently dailying the 2015 GLA45. Supra only when I drive solo - basically Fridays only. Never get to drive the RR, either wife is out with it… or it’s in the shop… lol.
Thanks! And ha, I've watched that review a few times - it was a great comparison for sure. They're by far one of my favorite YT channels, they're so good at their jobs. I may be slightly bias, but a part of me feels like they both wanted to go with the EN, but given the history of the CTR (and how much uproar that may have caused online), they shifted towards the CTR. Given everything you get with this car, for 10k less, it makes me happier and happier each day with my decision.

Same, looking at GRC, the twins, Hyundai VN/EN, GTI, & CTR. Wanted a VN, but those ain't in prod. anymore :(, so the interest on financing is now through the rough cause they are all used. Think I'm going to get a base GTI DSG and wait a few years for perhaps a '24/'25 Z if they are still making them by then. Get a JB4 piggyback for a gti, some RE71R tires, and that'd be enough for me for a while. Comes with an LSD up front, too; need to spend well over $50k on a Z to get that
Ha, funny story about the VN - I was also on the hunt for one for a bit, didn't move fast enough and on top of that, they were near impossible to find new and in 6MT. @Haste had perfect timing when he got his - I wish I would have moved a little quicker. Regardless, I'm thrilled with the outcome, and that GTI sounds like a great setup as well. Car would rip.

I still plan on owning a Z one day, too, it's just not gonna happen for awhile. The local Nissan dealership still has their Proto Z in stock and while they've lowered the ADM, a lot, it's still got a long way to go. Remarkable they continue to hold out.

Thisguy298

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 GTI
I still plan on owning a Z one day, too, it's just not gonna happen for awhile. The local Nissan dealership still has their Proto Z in stock and while they've lowered the ADM, a lot, it's still got a long way to go. Remarkable they continue to hold out.
Same. I was ready to shell out to get a Z at MSRP, but man those Dealers are asking too much for a car that is questionably worth it at MSRP. Instead, I ordered this yesterday 😁:

20230211_103945.jpg

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Same. I was ready to shell out to get a Z at MSRP, but man those Dealers are asking too much for a car that is questionably worth it at MSRP. Instead, I ordered this yesterday 😁:

20230211_103945.jpg
Nice, congrats! Good on ya for getting it below sticker, too. What color? What's timeline?

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
Still driving my 2012 G37S Coupe. It's been such a great car. I guess I'll get to enjoy it a bit longer while waiting for a Z. Here in San Diego, there is really only one dealer (with multiple locations). Each location has one marked-up (+$30k) Proto Spec, and that's it within 50 miles. The closest car I'd buy (Blue/Graphite/6MT) is 1,200 miles away and probably already sold as I typed this. C'mon Nissan, deliver the Zs!