Hands Up all the Aussies

Bert

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI performance
Just got the call.... Red is no longer available.
They should have called you weeks ago! This all went down in early August.
I’d be interested to hear what your dealer says regarding options.
I basically just rattled off about 4 colour combos that I’d settle for and the dealer said he’d contact Nissan Aus. He seemed pretty adamant that my position on the list would be maintained but given way these orders are being delivered I know that doesn’t hold water

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Where is @West Aussie ? Missed her banter LOL. Given up on the Z?

Kaito

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dad's Mazda CX9, Sister's Nissan Juke
Hey all, long time lurker here.
Ordered June 2022 for a Manual Blue. Was fortunate to test drive a manual one too in August 2022.
Got an unfortunate call from the dealership today, delivery pushed back to Q1 2024 (with an extra 2.5k price increase for MY24).

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Ordered June 2022 for a Manual Blue. Was fortunate to test drive a manual one too in August 2022.
Got an unfortunate call from the dealership today, delivery pushed back to Q1 2024 (with an extra 2.5k price increase for MY24).
Hi
i was going to buy the demo from Albury Nissan, then suddenly my blue manual turned up on a boat.
from what I can seethat demo is still available for 78k drive away, i had a deposit on this from March till I cancelled it in June, from that time the car sat on the showroom and was not driven.
If you dont want to wait it might be worth having a look

Reactions: Mud

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Honestly if this was me, at this point I'd just buy something from another dealer. There seems to be plenty popping up on Carsales and FB (there was a tuner selling a blue manual one for original price - all they'd done is driven it to their garage, parked it up and then secured an order for a Nismo... it had like 30km on it).

If you do find something, it should be super easy to cancel with that dealer and get your deposit back. They weren't able to maintain the original quoted price...

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
Honestly if this was me, at this point I'd just buy something from another dealer. There seems to be plenty popping up on Carsales and FB (there was a tuner selling a blue manual one for original price - all they'd done is driven it to their garage, parked it up and then secured an order for a Nismo... it had like 30km on it).

If you do find something, it should be super easy to cancel with that dealer and get your deposit back. They weren't able to maintain the original quoted price...
Yes. Do this.
There are plenty of cars around unless you absolutely must have a certain colour.

jpw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford Focus
Occupation
journalist
Hello Kaito. Just saw your post. My blue manual coupe is still for sale. I am now down to $78k. 2023 model with 45kms on the odometer. New condition on the Gold Coast. Add transfer duty and it will still be a lot cheaper than the 2024 model you are waiting for.

Nissan Z_4391 Carsales.jpg

jpw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford Focus
Occupation
journalist
Hello Kaito. Just saw your post. My blue manual coupe is still for sale. I am now down to $78k. 2023 model with 45kms on the odometer. New condition on the Gold Coast. Add transfer duty and it will still be a lot cheaper than the 2024 model you are waiting for.

Nissan Z_4391 Carsales.jpg
Still no interest? I am a little confused. Why are people waiting months for a car? Is getting finance on a private vehicle the issue? I guess that could be it. Otherwise I don't get it. In Qld the stamp duty on my $78k car is $2730 - so a QLD buyer can be driving this new car away immediately for a total of $80,730. New car to order from a dealer (and waiting) is $83-$84k - so $2k - $3k more!

jpw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford Focus
Occupation
journalist
Hi Honwong. I bought something else while waiting 2.5 years for the Z. The Z then arrived a bit unexpectedly and the dealer would not let me back out of the deal without forfeiting my deposit and charging me penalty fees.

2in2out

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FG Turbo Ute
Occupation
Firefighter
Stopped by the dealer today to check on any more info on my Nismo...nup but will email/call me tomorrow when the principal is back in. Apparently I'm the only one there with a Nismo order.
Sidenote they did have these 2 just sitting there.

20231004_100257.jpg

Reactions: GUZ

2in2out

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FG Turbo Ute
Occupation
Firefighter
Would appear so 🤷‍♂️, cancelled order maybe?
Could be waiting for delivery though wouldn't be keen on my car just sitting under the carport lol.
Was Nissan Springwood QLD if anyone's looking

dackoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R - FN2
Occupation
Engineer
Just reaching out to ask if anyone can recommend a good company in WA that installs either a Graphene or Ceramic coat? Picking up my proto on 25th, and was interested in any good recommendations and what I would be looking at price wise?