morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
Yeah, it sure is.

I don't think people on back order will take them... It's a different proposition in styling, price and available in auto only.

The flippers are probably starting to cool their jets a little, as the market has turned and I am not sure you want to get caught with a $100k car.

Also we've seen from the Proto sales, and my own experience that there really isn't that much interest in the Z... Just too low volume to attract a bigger market..

If it doesn't work out I'll look for a secondhand one in a year or so. I reckon the prices will start with a 6, maybe less by then. :)

Last edited:

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
So I am back again. I sold my Z a few weeks back when they confirmed the Nismo, and I confirmed you could get it in Black...

So who else is going Nismo? Only wish they'd done the bi-modal exhaust... But thinking might keep the Nismo and either flip or not take delivery of the Dark Horse....

The 100k price tag is very steep, considering all things, however I guess it's comparable to the Supra and Dark Horse????
Were you able to recoup what you paid out of curiosity?

I also have a deposit down on a Dark Horse and not sure what I'm going to do if I get allocated one. It's almost certainly a better car than the Z in nearly every way (except styling) but there's something about the Z that connects with me.

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z

I also have a deposit down on a Dark Horse and not sure what I'm going to do if I get allocated one. It's almost certainly a better car than the Z in nearly every way (except styling) but there's something about the Z that connects with me.
Only just, it took way longer to sell then I thought it would. There are a fair few for sale at the moment, ex-press and ex-demo. It's just not a well known car and only enthusiasts are going to drop that coin on one.

Agree, it's a difficult choice. The Mustang will always be that special muscle car. And will command more attention etc. Having driven the normal current Mustang and the Z back to back, the Z was just a nicer car to drive daily... It will be interesting to see whether the driving position in the new S650's feels better with the changed bonnet shape..

Last edited:

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
Yeah, it sure is.

I don't think people on back order will take them... It's a different proposition in styling, price and available in auto only.

The flippers are probably starting to cool their jets a little, as the market has turned and I am not sure you want to get caught with a $100k car.

Also we've seen from the Proto sales, and my own experience that there really isn't that much interest in the Z... Just too low volume to attract a bigger market..
so what I think is people who ordered late last year early this year, will get offeres for a car Q423/Q124 from the sounds of the first batch so jump the queue and get the latest thing.

being I don't like any of the colours and the manual was a must, I'm not one but guessing plenty out there that might be in.

(if they came to me and said I can have a blue manual nismo 6 months earlier however I would have been tempted.)

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5

@cainen my understanding is that all of the AU dark horse allocations were finalised week before last. I was 12th on the list at my dealer and they got 6 cars. Those 6 covered the top 9 on the list after 3 pulled out. I’m now 3rd on the wait list and hoping for a cancellation once pricing is finalised. Feels wrong that I’m hoping price is high enough to cause a few more cancellations!

Have tried other dealers across last week and same message everywhere. Some have unallocated order wait lists of 20 or more!

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@cainen my understanding is that all of the AU dark horse allocations were finalised week before last. I was 12th on the list at my dealer and they got 6 cars. Those 6 covered the top 9 on the list after 3 pulled out. I’m now 3rd on the wait list and hoping for a cancellation once pricing is finalised. Feels wrong that I’m hoping price is high enough to cause a few more cancellations!

Have tried other dealers across last week and same message everywhere. Some have unallocated order wait lists of 20 or more!
I did see that a few people had their allocations confirmed a couple of weeks ago. My dealer called me around the same time but just to confirm the options to load into the system. I placed a deposit on the day it was announced and was 10th in line at my dealer (but 3rd in line for a manual). As far as I'm aware my dealer hasn't received any allocations.

It's about as clear and consistent as the Z rollout!

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
I did see that a few people had their allocations confirmed a couple of weeks ago. My dealer called me around the same time but just to confirm the options to load into the system. I placed a deposit on the day it was announced and was 10th in line at my dealer (but 3rd in line for a manual). As far as I'm aware my dealer hasn't received any allocations.

It's about as clear and consistent as the Z rollout!
You might be ok if that call was around that time. I believe the order details were confirmed as part of that process. I’ve been told that even picking up a cancellation from now I might not get choice of colour / trans etc as that might be locked in. That will kind of suck if people are taking place in queue that then can’t or won’t follow through with the order. At least when I put my order in the dealer told me that 8 or 9 of the 11 order ahead of me were for manuals - so hopefully cancellations will be manuals.

I love the Z, but I think the Mustang will be that little bit more practical in terms of boot space. Would love to keep both!

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I love the Z, but I think the Mustang will be that little bit more practical in terms of boot space. Would love to keep both!
I don't mind the practicality aspect. My problem is I love the styling of the Z, I've already put a bit of money into it (exhaust, tune) and I'm not sure the Mustang will fit in my garage without substantially rearranging it!

But I'm pretty sure overall the Dark Horse will be a better car and I've never owned a V8 before. I'm completely torn on what to do if I receive an allocation. I think pricing will play a large part - if it's too much over $100k I'll probably cancel.

MattJ2020

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer
I've kept my Rosewood Z order and not opted for the Nismo Z.

I say I'll be happy and can't keep the $20k or so difference :)

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
I don't mind the practicality aspect. My problem is I love the styling of the Z, I've already put a bit of money into it (exhaust, tune) and I'm not sure the Mustang will fit in my garage without substantially rearranging it!

But I'm pretty sure overall the Dark Horse will be a better car and I've never owned a V8 before. I'm completely torn on what to do if I receive an allocation. I think pricing will play a large part - if it's too much over $100k I'll probably cancel.
I hear you. I think the Z will be the more unique classic in year's to come. I doubt Nissan will ever be able to deliver the car #s into Australia. I've still yet to see another one on the road in Perth since picking up mine in early April. Ford likely to land 50 Dark Horses into Perth in first couple of shipments.

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
Just saw my dealer has moved the ex press car down to the 2nd hand yard and had a Diamond Black and Boulder Grey in the lot.
The Boulder Grey may or may not be @jezzas cancelled order

Darkhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
The Nismo is auto only without air-con. This is obviously not my option in QLD🤣.

I’ll be happy with my manual Z and save 20k for PPF/ceramic coating and other parts.
no heated seats either. I haven't heard it mentioned but you can see the switches in the center console are blanked on the nismo.

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
no heated seats either. I haven't heard it mentioned but you can see the switches in the center console are blanked on the nismo.
I do love heated seats in the winter...

Thing is, I reckon this could be the last Nismo Z they make with ICE. And whilst I agree that for the extra coin you could upgrade the performance spec car, it's just not the same.. With a bit of luck there will never be more then 100.. lol.

But most importantly, it looks like the Bat Mobile in black... :D