Hands Up all the Aussies

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
Hi All
after 18 month wait just got a call that my car will be ready to pick-up this Thursday
the excitement is back, can't wait
You're gonna love it. And say hello to Young for me!

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
I’m usually with you Hammo..I haven’t got protection on my car, and I wash and wax by hand. My car is worth far more
BUT two parts to this scenario
A…as mentioned, he is super busy rarely gets time to himself so he doesn’t trust himself to take the time to do it properly.
B…he will be parking on our front verge, which means under one of the councils (so we can’t cut it) peppercorn trees that drop, sap, leaves…and have the hordes of black cockatoos in them pooping

So in this case given the extreme nature of debris I think it would be worth while

P.S hope you are enjoying the Z. Saw a Proto at Subi Target on Thursday…looks good
Makes sense. I’m loving the Z but… I missed the initial dark horse allocations and still really want one - and that would replace the Z. I can live with almost all the quirks except the lack of anything resembling a boot. Hoping for a cancellation for a dark horse once pricing is out.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Makes sense. I’m loving the Z but… I missed the initial dark horse allocations and still really want one - and that would replace the Z. I can live with almost all the quirks except the lack of anything resembling a boot. Hoping for a cancellation for a dark horse once pricing is out.
Fair enough …everyone has their reasoning.
Personally after I’ve seen what comes in my sons new I20N in terms of tech…that’s what I would be looking to upgrade. I get some purists would hate the tech ….each to their own

Hos

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 Subaru Outback, 2023 Nissan Z
Hi all, long term lurker, first time poster. The tassie rosewood is mine, picked up last Friday. Fantastic day driving around in it.

Unfortunately, some prick tried breaking into it on Friday night. I don't have a garage, so it was parked in my driveway with gate shut. They couldn't get in, but the driver door and window don't shut well now.

Going to put in sensor lights, camera and a car alarm - don't think the Nissan z one goes off unless the door is forced open without key (?)

20230805_130937.jpg

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hi all, long term lurker, first time poster. The tassie rosewood is mine, picked up last Friday. Fantastic day driving around in it.

Unfortunately, some prick tried breaking into it on Friday night. I don't have a garage, so it was parked in my driveway with gate shut. They couldn't get in, but the driver door and window don't shut well now.

Going to put in sensor lights, camera and a car alarm - don't think the Nissan z one goes off unless the door is forced open without key (?)

20230805_130937.jpg
Congrats on picking up a beautiful car but what scumbags!

Reactions: Hos

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist

20230805_130937.jpg
That really sucks, I'm putting front and rear dash cams on mine that will have constant power supply and parking guard, worked out I could leave my galaxy watch in the car to make it a mobile hotspot for the dashcams

Hos

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 Subaru Outback, 2023 Nissan Z
Thanks all. Who do you recommend for fitting a car alarm (Hobart) and what system do you recommend?

Last edited:

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That really sucks, I'm putting front and rear dash cams on mine that will have constant power supply and parking guard, worked out I could leave my galaxy watch in the car to make it a mobile hotspot for the dashcams
If you're looking for someone to install I can recommend "That dashcam guy" who can be found on facebook. He's done a couple of installs for me (including the Z) and is super tidy. He also comes to your place.

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
If you're looking for someone to install I can recommend "That dashcam guy" who can be found on facebook. He's done a couple of installs for me (including the Z) and is super tidy. He also comes to your place.
thanks for that, I have an audio guy I used to change the head unit on my Qashqai, also getting him to put in the illuminated kick plates

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
This is terrible….regardless of what car we ended up with we have all worked super hard to be able to afford them
I’m so sick of society and the lack of respect for others.
I’m sick of the work for the dole recipients getting more money each week whilst my middle income (made from working three jobs) stays the same and my taxes pay for people doing nothing
I’m sick of people feeling they are entitled to take things that others have worked so hard for ….and I’m sad to say things seem to be getting worse.

I’m so sorry this has happened to you ….best alarm system is a dog on your property. We got broken into a few years back, since then our dog sleeps just outside our bedroom…never had an issue since although he has woken us up barking some nights. And we live in a decent area

Hope you can get it fixed relatively cheap and enjoy it.

End of rant

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist

20230805_130937.jpg
Try the Ring floodlight cam, put one of these up on the garage on the weekend

Fontana

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Hey guys, have some insider news for nismo z if anyone is interested. Looking at 94k before on roads so after LCT and rego probs around low 100k mark. Direct supra competitor at this price point