Hands Up all the Aussies

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Have you received confirmation from your dealer that it's due this month? If so which dealer was this and which model of Z did you opt for? Still stuck with mine being Dec 22 - Week 1 and no confirmed delivery date for my Manual Proto to WA.
Wow so your build is 2 months ahead of this and still no word?

image001.png

dackoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R - FN2
Occupation
Engineer
1684830268662.png

Yeah that's correct - here's the screenshot the dealer sent me a while back and i even received a letter from Nissan AU saying delivery of the car would be Feb 2023

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Have you received confirmation from your dealer that it's due this month? If so which dealer was this and which model of Z did you opt for? Still stuck with mine being Dec 22 - Week 1 and no confirmed delivery date for my Manual Proto to WA.
I don’t know when you ordered, but I ordered mine March 2021 …waited waited…was made 2nd week of Feb, told it would be delivered by the end of last month, I was the second order on the dealers books and third in the whole of WA….then they said “you’ve waited so long, another month won’t matter” another person who I hold no hate for got their car even though they ordered more than a year after me. It was then that I pulled the pin ( plus I found a car that I liked)

At this point I would trust a single thing that comes out of a nissan dealer. Not because of them, but because Corporate is giving them false information.
And if rumours are true and there are further issues, then do you really want one that is coming? or would you prefer to wait till 2024 to have issues resolved? or would you prefer to cut ties?

Lots to think about

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
The whole thing is a complete mess, we have @jezzza and @dackoo waiting for cars
that I have been offered in NSW, yet I'm still waiting for confirmation for the spec I ordered

jpw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford Focus
Occupation
journalist
There are reports the Dark Horse may now not be here until 2025! I also have a deposit on one.
If the Mustang will have a large delay - then maybe I should wait for the Z. I viewed a Sieran blue Z at a dealer yesterday for the first time (my order colour) - and it looks fantastic. Worth noting is that while chatting, the dealer mentioned a fault to watch out for. He said that on some cars when you open the bonnet (hood for US readers) the back edge/corner of the bonnet - on each side - can scrape/touch against the sill/join area beneath the windscreen - requiring a repair. It happens when the bonnet is hinged/rotated up. Not good. Point is you need to be careful when you first open the bonnet - or make sure you open the bonnet at the dealer before taking your car home.

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
If the Mustang will have a large delay - then maybe I should wait for the Z. I viewed a Sieran blue Z at a dealer yesterday for the first time (my order colour) - and it looks fantastic. Worth noting is that while chatting, the dealer mentioned a fault to watch out for. He said that on some cars when you open the bonnet (hood for US readers) the back edge/corner of the bonnet - on each side - can scrape/touch against the sill/join area beneath the windscreen - requiring a repair. It happens when the bonnet is hinged/rotated up. Not good. Point is you need to be careful when you first open the bonnet - or make sure you open the bonnet at the dealer before taking your car home.
Yep, there's a fairly lengthy discussion on the bonnet problem in the issues forum. Mine is fine but there seems to be a lot of people affected. It's good the dealer is aware of it but surely there should be a fix they can do before delivering to the customer.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Yep, there's a fairly lengthy discussion on the bonnet problem in the issues forum. Mine is fine but there seems to be a lot of people affected. It's good the dealer is aware of it but surely there should be a fix they can do before delivering to the customer.
Agree…all very well warning you, but the car is 85k ….this should not happen

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
You would almost think this is a first year of a model.

and all car makers have these birthing issues.
Using my parent car for instance first year of the 2nd gen Tiguan, they did 2 gearbox swaps and an engine in first year. I'ld see that as a much bigger red flag than a mis aligned katana

in fact nissan is pretty good compared to other car makers, with Audi and MB for instance much lower on the list, (good thing no-one bought a BMW as they are worse than nissan as well)

https://www.jdpower.com/business/press-releases/2023-us-vehicle-dependability-studyvds

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
This has kind of become my strategy. I also have a deposit on a dark horse, but have been fortunate to take delivery of my Z (which so far has none of the talked about issues). In some ways the longer the dark horse takes to come the better. I’m loving the Z and don’t know how I’d make a choice if I had to in the next few months.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
You would almost think this is a first year of a model.

and all car makers have these birthing issues.
Using my parent car for instance first year of the 2nd gen Tiguan, they did 2 gearbox swaps and an engine in first year. I'ld see that as a much bigger red flag than a mis aligned katana

in fact nissan is pretty good compared to other car makers, with Audi and MB for instance much lower on the list, (good thing no-one bought a BMW as they are worse than nissan as well)

https://www.jdpower.com/business/press-releases/2023-us-vehicle-dependability-studyvds
Think the thing is we knew there would be teething issues…BUT not everyone has taken close to three years to get a car which was already mostly developed
It’s not entirely new and once again I stress the problems with the car is not the issue par day, It’s the lack of communication. It’s like they are almost hoping people wouldn’t find out, instead of saying…we have an issue with the paint, it will mean delivery is delayed 6 weeks, we have an issue with the gear box…it means it will be delayed by two months but also means the car will be top notch when you get it.

You can give me stick, but my point remains the same from the time I started this thread until now on Sept 26th 2021 after already being a little fed up with set backs.
That being the lack of communication and Nissan Corp seemingly going out of their way to keep what’s really going on a secret

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
Think the thing is we knew there would be teething issues…BUT......
I totally agree.

I drove the Z to work today and it really is a beautiful car to drive. Fortunately apart from some small things I have had problem free motoring, in my one colour auto.

Knock on wood!!! Which is the point.

For a low volume, relatively expensive car (considering it is largely a re-skin and re-engined version of the previous model and lacks most modern tech, whether you want it or not), the quality is not where it should be, first model or not...

Still makes me smile though... :)

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I totally agree.

I drove the Z to work today and it really is a beautiful car to drive. Fortunately apart from some small things I have had problem free motoring, in my one colour auto.

Knock on wood!!! Which is the point.

For a low volume, relatively expensive car (considering it is largely a re-skin and re-engined version of the previous model and lacks most modern tech, whether you want it or not), the quality is not where it should be, first model or not...

Still makes me smile though... :)
Agree re tech…was a little shocked some of the basics missing

BUT it makes you smile, and after all isn’t that the whole point of a sports car….fun driving, a moment of happiness in what can sometimes be a dreary world

I’m glad you are enjoying it, you deserve it