Hands Up all the Aussies

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
I just spoke to nissan, they tell me the 1000km service isn't actually a service, its a check up, and there is no oil change until 10k
This is correct according to the book. A few people have done oil changes after the run in period and noticed some metallic flakes. Mine is booked in for a tune tomorrow and I'm going to tell them to do an oil change before they put it on the dyno (~2700km).

Darkhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
book says 10k MILES until an oil change holy shit. I think I will also get it changed before tuning.

hardly worth taking it to nissan at 8k for the following:

5,000 Miles/6 Months/8,000 Km
Standard maintenance: . Not Applicable. Proceed to next interval.
Severe maintenance: . Inspect brake pads and rotors . Inspect exhaust system . Inspect steering gear and linkage . Inspect axle and suspension parts

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
book says 10k MILES until an oil change holy shit. I think I will also get it changed before tuning.

hardly worth taking it to nissan at 8k for the following:

5,000 Miles/6 Months/8,000 Km
Standard maintenance: . Not Applicable. Proceed to next interval.
Severe maintenance: . Inspect brake pads and rotors . Inspect exhaust system . Inspect steering gear and linkage . Inspect axle and suspension parts
My wife's Audi SQ5 book said 12 months between oil changes. We trusted that for the first couple of years. Then the oil level sensor started freaking out (add oil, too much oil, add oil, and so on). That's about the time we switched from dealer servicing to an independent mechanic. The indy recommend every six months against the advice in the book. No oil level sensor issues since we started doing every six months.

jpw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford Focus
Occupation
journalist
645 days since deposit down

I'm going to have bail out soon

Instant asset write off ends 30 June so any element of financial sense (tax minimisation) I could use to convince myself goes out the window

records I've been shown have the car built second week of February 23. A real shame Nissan can't seem to work out how to take people's money from them.
I too was hoping to take advantage of the instant asset write off. I put a deposit down on 18 December 2020! My Sieran blue Z is confirmed to have been built in mid January. Dealer rang yesterday to advise I will not see it until July. Now that is beyond a joke. I have a Mustang Dark Horse on order. Thinking I might dump the Nissan and wait for the Dark Horse.

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
Thinking I might dump the Nissan and wait for the Dark Horse.
There are reports the Dark Horse may now not be here until 2025! I also have a deposit on one.

Monza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
bit of this, bit of that
The 'Stang doesn't do it for me. No doubt it's a great car. There is really nothing else RWD, manual, coupe that floats my boat in the slightest.

Seems I'll be slumming it in my shitty old 4x4 and investing my money wisely.

even found myself looking at older v8 Astons but I've been burnt by out of warranty Euro's before and not prepared to make that mistake again

Monza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
bit of this, bit of that
I too was hoping to take advantage of the instant asset write off. I put a deposit down on 18 December 2020! My Sieran blue Z is confirmed to have been built in mid January. Dealer rang yesterday to advise I will not see it until July. Now that is beyond a joke. I have a Mustang Dark Horse on order. Thinking I might dump the Nissan and wait for the Dark Horse.
Jeepers

the shitty bit is me walking away from the Z won't punish Nissan for their tragic service in the slightest. Someone else behind will front up the cash.

• Angry
Reactions: Mud

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist

You have the same spec on order as me, my deposit was only Jan 22. Spoke to my dealers the other week and neither would confirm any delay rumors.

Could the delays be that due to the stink bug issue jamming up our ports that shipping companies re-arranged their car carrier schedules so ships would not get caught up waiting to dock and now that this has eased they are having trouble getting the car carriers back.

Beard

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'22 Proto Z
Occupation
IT
All quiet out there, anyone still waiting for a car had any updates?
I've been in and out of my dealership getting things fixed/warrantied. They mentioned again they are only getting four cars this year total (Auto Proto, Manual Proto, Auto Blue, Auto Black) and they have been delivered. Next cars expected 2024.

He also hinted at manual recall and black roof recall, as those two features are now unavailable to order. Can only order Autos or single colour cars. Take it with a grain of salt.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I've been in and out of my dealership getting things fixed/warrantied. They mentioned again they are only getting four cars this year total (Auto Proto, Manual Proto, Auto Blue, Auto Black) and they have been delivered. Next cars expected 2024.

He also hinted at manual recall and black roof recall, as those two features are now unavailable to order. Can only order Autos or single colour cars. Take it with a grain of salt.
Black roof recall….that’s almost all recall!
Manual recall would pick up 99% of the rest.
So what they are really saying is, if you have a car right now, expect a recall of some sort in the very near future.
It’s almost unbelievable how many stuff ups there have been to date and such a very big shame. This was a car they could have been proud of and although it would not directly have made a lot of money for them, the attention they would get on the road would mean more people looking at Nissans line up.

I knew there was something more going on than just shipping…just wish they were honest about it

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
I've been in and out of my dealership getting things fixed/warrantied.

What sort of things fixed??

I've not had any real dramas so far, with just under 3000k's on the clock. It's a solid black car and no paint or panel issues. I wonder if some of the fixes required the bonnets to be taken off and so not aligned as per assembly line??

I would not be surprised if Nissan discontinues the Z as the financial side must be stacking up, and what's the cost of recalls etc. Just depends if there was enough margin in it for them, similar to the GTR, being a low volume model...

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
Black roof recall….that’s almost all recall!
Manual recall would pick up 99% of the rest.

I knew there was something more going on than just shipping…just wish they were honest about it
Solid colour auto's will be the only Z's left....

They may just be hoping the Proto Z owners aren't actually driving their cars, or babying the roof by always being garaged or under cover.

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
Any idea what the recalls are? I've got the black roof and it seems fine. I also have the 6MT, and it's the best manual I've ever owned. Very crisp shifts.

Last edited:

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
It doesn’t seem to matter when you put your money down.l pulled out three weeks ago, but Jezza had his name a couple of weeks before me by memory…around 2 years and a month since our deposits were placed
My production date was Feb 2023, about 20 months after placing initial order. Car is due this month but Nissan Australia won't comment on if car has shipped/arrived or even been built.

It's safe to say that Nissan Australia give zero shits about their customers and I don't expect after sales support to be much better. At this stage I'd be more comfortable just getting my $1000 back.

dackoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R - FN2
Occupation
Engineer
My production date was Feb 2023, about 20 months after placing initial order. Car is due this month but Nissan Australia won't comment on if car has shipped/arrived or even been built.

It's safe to say that Nissan Australia give zero shits about their customers and I don't expect after sales support to be much better. At this stage I'd be more comfortable just getting my $1000 back.
Have you received confirmation from your dealer that it's due this month? If so which dealer was this and which model of Z did you opt for? Still stuck with mine being Dec 22 - Week 1 and no confirmed delivery date for my Manual Proto to WA.