First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer
What is the Sway bar for again? Sorry, Iā€™m not technical.

JoshZed

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan z
So the guy on Facebook just posted pics of the black Z delivered .

So let me try and explain again. He posted well over a week ago about getting it, meaning the dealer did not have it until this weekā€¦.so again. Why would Nissan Aus continue to deliver the car to said dealer knowing it was going to someone well down the list.

Again, not dissing the buyer, but Nissan promised the cars would be given in order, I understand things may change after the car has arrived, but itā€™s clear this car was still en route when the buyer was told he could have it AND itā€™s clear that was the case because he chose to ignore every person asking about which dealer he got it from until AFTER it had arrived, now he is happy to tell anyone asking.
Sorry if you disagree, but to me itā€™s devious to push in line. And I have no vested interest because Iā€™ve ordered yellow not black. But as mentioned I know the guy in front of me at my dealer ordered black and placed his order early March 2021

The car should have been redirected ā€¦.end of
So the guy on Facebook just posted pics of the black Z delivered .

So let me try and explain again. He posted well over a week ago about getting it, meaning the dealer did not have it until this weekā€¦.so again. Why would Nissan Aus continue to deliver the car to said dealer knowing it was going to someone well down the list.

Again, not dissing the buyer, but Nissan promised the cars would be given in order, I understand things may change after the car has arrived, but itā€™s clear this car was still en route when the buyer was told he could have it AND itā€™s clear that was the case because he chose to ignore every person asking about which dealer he got it from until AFTER it had arrived, now he is happy to tell anyone asking.
Sorry if you disagree, but to me itā€™s devious to push in line. And I have no vested interest because Iā€™ve ordered yellow not black. But as mentioned I know the guy in front of me at my dealer ordered black and placed his order early March 2021

The car should have been redirected ā€¦.end of
I've seen it all well but don't believe it was the same person that skipped the que

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I've seen it all well but don't believe it was the same person that skipped the que
Perhaps a different guyā€¦but still a que jump because he states someone canceled so he got lucky.

So my point being either the dealer or Nissan is not doing as promised. I understand itā€™s not easy, but given the long run around some people have endured they should at least tryā€¦I donā€™t believe they are even trying.
My take and I know itā€™s not worth much. But if I was the guy from mu dealer who orders six months before this guy and the exact speckā€¦I wouldnā€™t be happy
Hell Iā€™m not happy about it now, and itā€™s not what I want

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
Perhaps a different guyā€¦but still a que jump because he states someone canceled so he got lucky.

So my point being either the dealer or Nissan is not doing as promised. I understand itā€™s not easy, but given the long run around some people have endured they should at least tryā€¦I donā€™t believe they are even trying.
My take and I know itā€™s not worth much. But if I was the guy from mu dealer who orders six months before this guy and the exact speckā€¦I wouldnā€™t be happy
It's got to be frustrating as hell, I totally understand your take. When I see people post stuff like "after such a long wait, my "order" showed up!" followed by oh placed my deposit down a few months ago, and just got the call! Really makes you question why they did all this pre-order/reservation stuff, when the cars that seem to be appearing are going in almost no particular order. Mind you, is it people who are snapping up dealership demos, or is it their actual reservations showing up? its hard to tell. Because, even up here in Canada, a few people were lucky enough to score a car, but they happened to buy the one and only allocation their unsuspecting dealer got. It's been a really confusing process so far

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
It's got to be frustrating as hell, I totally understand your take. When I see people post stuff like "after such a long wait, my "order" showed up!" followed by oh placed my deposit down a few months ago, and just got the call! Really makes you question why they did all this pre-order/reservation stuff, when the cars that seem to be appearing are going in almost no particular order. Mind you, is it people who are snapping up dealership demos, or is it their actual reservations showing up? its hard to tell. Because, even up here in Canada, a few people were lucky enough to score a car, but they happened to buy the one and only allocation their unsuspecting dealer got. It's been a really confusing process so far
Who knows..it doesnā€™t appear to be demos, as the dealers were supposed to have an embargo on them for at least 9 months from delivery and not permitted sell pretty sure itā€™s only been around 4-5 months since they arrived

I think (like most) that Nissan just dropped the ball completely for this roll out ā€¦still it could be worse. Could be in the US where it seems totally unprofessional and unfair as to who gets to own a Z

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Heya everyone, I'll post this up in the exhaust sub as well, but thought I'd share here considering it was designed and built in AU.

Sound comparison of a custom 3.5" cat-back vs stock (both 6MT).
(Apologies in advance for the Insta-spamming - I'm not trying to get famous šŸ™ƒ, just don't want to add these to my personal YouTube account...)

EDIT: if anyone has any thoughts/comments/critique on the exhaust sound, look, or even my shitting insta-editing, don't hesitate to let me know! Still working with RBE and my tuner (AK Racing) to get the perfect combination of sound and performance, and I'm always keen for feedback :)

Last edited:

MattJ2020

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer
Now that sounds good. I think Iā€™ll order one.

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Now that sounds good. I think Iā€™ll order one.
They do customs fabrications, but should pretty easily be able to make up more based on my measurements.

I'll get some more vids posted as soon as the secondary cats get deleted. I should have also done a side by side with the valves closed, but for reference it is MUCH quieter. About same db as stock, but much lower/deeper pitch.
This particular muffler they used is very large, and has an anti-drone chamber built in.

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
Sorry I didn't get to hear this in person.
Things got moving very quickly

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Sorry I didn't get to hear this in person.
Things got moving very quickly
Ran to try to flag you down as you were leaving... sorry mate. I ended up being the last one to leave with Dakota, so thought... fuggit, may as well do it real quick now.

Posted another open/closed comparison in the exhaust sub too if you are interested. Otherwise, should be at the next C&C.

• Love
Reactions: Mud

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bus

I wouldnā€™t be happy
I think it may have been a Victorian Dealer with that Black Auto....

Which is exactly my order and a dealer not too far from ours that I ordered it from.

You can imagine how happy I am. ha ha ha.....

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist