Hands Up all the Aussies

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
Agree…I tried to do the same. Post gone and certainly none of the promised photos
With the hate he got on that post I don't blame him for deleteing and leaving the group.

Whilst I don't know him he is acquaintances with people I know and judging from his history of cars I see no reason for him to be lying.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
With the hate he got on that post I don't blame him for deleteing and leaving the group.

Whilst I don't know him he is acquaintances with people I know and judging from his history of cars I see no reason for him to be lying.
All he needed to do was post one picture…
It’s not about “lying” it’s about there not having been a single delivery for sale in Aus yet and many many orders being placed a lot earlier are not arriving until May, heaps of dealers haven’t even received their demos yet.
The only real explanation is it’s a dealer who bought two demos and was lucky enough to get both….getting rid of one.
In other words it’s about knowing what sort of stunt the dealer pulled to get him the car ahead of others waiting for two years
Perth ain’t a big place, the car could have easily been redirected to another dealer, especially in his post he stated it hadn’t actually got to the dealer yet, and would be ready to pick up almost a week later

So a photo would be good …with an explanation

Last edited:

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
All he needed to do was post one picture…
It’s not about “lying” it’s about there not having been a single delivery for sale in Aus yet and many many orders being placed a lot earlier are not arriving until May, heaps of dealers haven’t even received their demos yet.
The only real explanation is it’s a dealer who bought two demos and was lucky enough to get both….getting rid of one.
In other words it’s about knowing what sort of stunt the dealer pulled to get him the car ahead of others waiting for two years
Perth ain’t a big place, the car could have easily been redirected to another dealer, especially in his post he stated it hadn’t actually got to the dealer yet, and would be ready to pick up almost a week later

So a photo would be good …with an explanation
yes well when he said would have them monday when it was delivered but people were saying he was lying, that he didn't know what he was talking about.. yeah it's a bit of a toxic group.

Seems to be an attitude there that if they don't have a car then no-one should have a car, and woe anyone who might.

and End of day if a dealer was to do a dodgy why blame the buyer.

I'm sure if you would not be saying no if your dealer called you and said, oh we ordered this demo that happens to be same spec as the car you wanted, how about you take it and we will wait for the next one.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
yes well when he said would have them monday when it was delivered but people were saying he was lying, that he didn't know what he was talking about.. yeah it's a bit of a toxic group.

Seems to be an attitude there that if they don't have a car then no-one should have a car, and woe anyone who might.

I'm sure if you would not be saying no if your dealer called you and said, oh we ordered this demo that happens to be same spec as the car you wanted, how about you take it and we will wait for the next one.
I think you miss the point.

Anyhoo…moving on.

There is a post today on Facebook from someone saying his dealer has been in contact and his car has just been loaded onto a ship to set sail.
My dealers stock controller went home for the weekend by the time I managed to contact him….hoping my car might be on that same ship.

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Anyone near to Brissy, I'll be at the AU Z car meet tomorrow morning. Likely go to the meet at Darra, but not do the drive out to Tambourine.

I actually found the other proto out in the wild today! Just about ran 4 red lights and exceeded the speed limit significantly, allegedly, to catch him, but it was so fucking cool to see two of these things side by side!

I think I've convinced him to come along tomorrow morning too - so could be a couple of new Z's there! Will be a good opportuntiy to see stock vs aftermarket audio, suspension and exhaust for anyone interested.
@Mud you coming mate?

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual

I think we're all just tired of waiting for the Z to actually launch. I wouldn't blame anyone with the means to jump the queue for doing so, and it's really Nissan and their terrible production output that's letting us down.

I've lost confidence that I'll see a car in the near future and have decided to jump ship over to team Zupra. I still think the Z is a great drive and look forward to seeing them hit the road. Hopefully that means one of you get yours sooner!

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ok only got a short drive today as they have not actually prepped car yet.

currently only dealer principle has driven and people who have put money down already.

will be back in a month or so for a proper one.

first thing noticed was the rev match is crap.

2nd was the shift throw was much shorter than my s14 or mini so will take a little bit to get used to. However the gates were super easy to find so much better than the WRX I test drove.

lastly wow those tires are bad, bit of a pull in 2nd and they gave up the ghost.

but seating is great
Dash is awesome
Looks are what I wanted.
handles perfect
Rides way better than expected

So confirmed my order and now just in waiting and collecting parts.

F319EBFB-961C-4596-96CE-05166C4398E8.jpeg

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
first thing noticed was the rev match is crap.

2nd was the shift throw was much shorter than my s14 or mini so will take a little bit to get used to. However the gates were super easy to find so much better than the WRX I test drove.

lastly wow those tires are bad, bit of a pull in 2nd and they gave up the ghost.
Tyres definitely aren't great, but I found that they performed a lot better with coilovers. I think a lot of the issue is that the stock suspension really does roll in A LOT, and puts additional pressure on both the tyres and brakes.
Even on takeoff, it pushes back a lot (not down onto the tyres) and causes them to load up in an inefficient way.

I've never had a car with revmatching before, but find it works great.
Took me a while to actually switch it on, but now I greatly prefer it on for even commuting.

Reactions: Mud

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tyres definitely aren't great, but I found that they performed a lot better with coilovers. I think a lot of the issue is that the stock suspension really does roll in A LOT, and puts additional pressure on both the tyres and brakes.
Even on takeoff, it pushes back a lot (not down onto the tyres) and causes them to load up in an inefficient way.

I've never had a car with revmatching before, but find it works great.
Took me a while to actually switch it on, but now I greatly prefer it on for even commuting.
yeah I get for commuting and think I would turn it on if I’m Melb.
But being I work from home this is much more weekend fun.

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
yeah I get for commuting and think I would turn it on if I’m Melb.
But being I work from home this is much more weekend fun.
I need to get on a track and send it.
I may or may not have heard first hand info that brakes and rotors are simply not up for track work though... like broken after single use.

Suspension upgrade, or even just stiffer sway bar would significantly reduce wear though. The body roll over the front wheels is just next level bad. I will see if I can get some pics up, but will have to ask permission from the owner.

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I need to get on a track and send it.
I may or may not have heard first hand info that brakes and rotors are simply not up for track work though... like broken after single use.

Suspension upgrade, or even just stiffer sway bar would significantly reduce wear though. The body roll over the front wheels is just next level bad. I will see if I can get some pics up, but will have to ask permission from the owner.
100% sway bars for the win

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
So the guy on Facebook just posted pics of the black Z delivered .

So let me try and explain again. He posted well over a week ago about getting it, meaning the dealer did not have it until this week….so again. Why would Nissan Aus continue to deliver the car to said dealer knowing it was going to someone well down the list.

Again, not dissing the buyer, but Nissan promised the cars would be given in order, I understand things may change after the car has arrived, but it’s clear this car was still en route when the buyer was told he could have it AND it’s clear that was the case because he chose to ignore every person asking about which dealer he got it from until AFTER it had arrived, now he is happy to tell anyone asking.
Sorry if you disagree, but to me it’s devious to push in line. And I have no vested interest because I’ve ordered yellow not black. But as mentioned I know the guy in front of me at my dealer ordered black and placed his order early March 2021

The car should have been redirected ….end of