OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
H
Looks like the non-proto cars are starting to come through. A friend has just told me that a work colleague of his received a call from Nissan Melville in WA that his Black manual Z is ready for him to pick up. He order his back in Sept 2022. Turns out though it's a cancelled order which matched the car he wanted so he was offered it.
Although I’m happy for this guy…how does he jag a cancelled order.
Admittedly I want yellow, but I know for a fact the person waiting in front of me at Osborne Park in WA wanted a black Z and I ordered mine March/April 2021

So how does this guy get his a couple of months earlier than someone who ordered a year and a half before he did.
That sucks a bit

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
Your are living the dream mate! 😁
Yep - but I've held off for a long time. Current car (2012 3.0 Supercharged Audi A5 Sportback) turns 11 in July - still love it, but need some muscle before there's no more to be had. Had a HSV GTO Coupe back in 2003 - should have kept it - would be worth a fortune now.

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Yep - but I've held off for a long time. Current car (2012 3.0 Supercharged Audi A5 Sportback) turns 11 in July - still love it, but need some muscle before there's no more to be had. Had a HSV GTO Coupe back in 2003 - should have kept it - would be worth a fortune now.
Nice one! I had a 2015 A6 with the same supercharged 3.0 TSFI. Hell of an engine!
Reckon you're gonna like the Z! Actually think there is more power on tap than the Audi (well my heavier A6 anyway) but definitely puts it down differently. Quattro with dual clutch was a launch beast, but the Z is quicker once you manage to find some traction...

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Although I’m happy for this guy…how does he jag a cancelled order.
Admittedly I want yellow, but I know for a fact the person waiting in front of me at Osborne Park in WA wanted a black Z and I ordered mine March/April 2021

So how does this guy get his a couple of months earlier than someone who ordered a year and a half before he did.
That sucks a bit
Money and connections talk. ;)

It's generally far worse in the USA. Imagine you are waiting 2+ years for one Z. And meanwhile some guy is posting photos of his three Zs, which he bought for himself, his wife, and his teenage daughter! That sort of thing is happening here with some other hard to get vehicles.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Money and connections talk. ;)

It's generally far worse in the USA. Imagine you are waiting 2+ years for one Z. And meanwhile some guy is posting photos of his three Zs, which he bought for himself, his wife, and his teenage daughter! That sort of thing is happening here with some other hard to get vehicles.
The thing is I’m wondering if this is the same guy t that said he got a black manual cancelled order on Facebook.
People questioned him about it, he said he was getting it last Tuesday and would post pictures.
Still no pictures

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
The thing is I’m wondering if this is the same guy t that said he got a black manual cancelled order on Facebook.
People questioned him about it, he said he was getting it last Tuesday and would post pictures.
Still no pictures
Yep, that would be just wrong. The dealers have a slight get out clause in that once delivered to the dealership they own the vehicle. This is due to transport, PD and financing costs. To hard to unwind in a meaningful way. This is where the choice of dealer can sometimes impact things. Most will do the right thing, but there are always a few that won't. :)

Given that this doesn't appear to be the case, he may have shot himself in the foot... We shall see...

I don't think he's on the straight and narrow though from what I know...

2in2out

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FG Turbo Ute
Occupation
Firefighter
That's awesome if it's a September 22 order and he's getting it now off a cancellation. Am sure there will be a few pissed off people with much earlier orders.

I have to say as my 2024 mustang dark horse gets closer I'm closer to cancelling my Z order.
I'm in the same boat, as it gets closer and closer I'm hanging more and more for my Dark Horse and losing interest in the wait for the Z. Though I'm also fighting off not just buying a new bike 😂😂

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
I'm in the same boat, as it gets closer and closer I'm hanging more and more for my Dark Horse and losing interest in the wait for the Z. Though I'm also fighting off not just buying a new bike 😂😂
Ha ha, I pickup my new bike on Saturday. Ordered 18 January 2023. ;)

JoshZed

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan z
Still no pictures
Ive tried to find the post but seems to now be deleted so I think it was straight bullshit.