First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer
I’ve looked up SGIO insurance it was pretty reasonable!

Zzzz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z
Also…looking at insurance again.

Quite a few people have said Budget Direct.

I think it’s important to note that they will not insure the car for agreed value.
For instance …the Z Coupe is costing around 84k on road in WA. Budget directs policy will only cover market value which they have placed at 72500k.
So what?, you may say. if something happens to a new car in the first two years they have to replace it. But here is the kicker, most insurance companies fine print state they only have to replace it up to the market value of said car …meaning if your car is a write off, sure they will replace it, but you will have to pay the extra 10-12k shortfall plus’s excess.
RAC is around $100 more a year BUT that’s covering the car for 80000, and only $100 excess if you have to replace the windscreen instead of the 700 excess (which is also a $100 less than budget direct)
They also do not impose a driver age restriction. Yes if someone under 21 drives it and it’s damaged the excess rises and by quite a bit, but they can drive it.
For someone with a teenage son, this is a very important detail. Even if it’s for something like moving the card around when we are not home ….accidents can happen.

I’m not bashing Budget Direct, and not even sure if any of these things apply to them (just that they do for most insurance companies) only saying please look at the policies properly, because saving $100 now could cost you a lot more in the long run
Try Rollin insurance. They were the cheapest for me at $6xx per year. They are underwritten by NRMA.

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
Also…looking at insurance again.

Quite a few people have said Budget Direct.

I think it’s important to note that they will not insure the car for agreed value.
For instance …the Z Coupe is costing around 84k on road in WA. Budget directs policy will only cover market value which they have placed at 72500k.
So what?, you may say. if something happens to a new car in the first two years they have to replace it. But here is the kicker, most insurance companies fine print state they only have to replace it up to the market value of said car …meaning if your car is a write off, sure they will replace it, but you will have to pay the extra 10-12k shortfall plus’s excess.
RAC is around $100 more a year BUT that’s covering the car for 80000, and only $100 excess if you have to replace the windscreen instead of the 700 excess (which is also a $100 less than budget direct)
They also do not impose a driver age restriction. Yes if someone under 21 drives it and it’s damaged the excess rises and by quite a bit, but they can drive it.
For someone with a teenage son, this is a very important detail. Even if it’s for something like moving the card around when we are not home ….accidents can happen.

I’m not bashing Budget Direct, and not even sure if any of these things apply to them (just that they do for most insurance companies) only saying please look at the policies properly, because saving $100 now could cost you a lot more in the long run
I’ve progressively moved all my family cars over to RAC in recent years. Have been awesome with a couple of claims (not our fault). I moved the first car after an accident (rear ended) where my insurer was terrible to deal with but the at fault driver’s insurance (RAC) did all the work and provided hire car for etc.

There are cheaper insurers, but I’ve found RAC to be the cheapest of what I’d classify as top tier insurers.

…and I have twins both about to to Ps so the approach to younger / inexperienced drivers also important to me.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I’ve progressively moved all my family cars over to RAC in recent years. Have been awesome with a couple of claims (not our fault). I moved the first car after an accident (rear ended) where my insurer was terrible to deal with but the at fault driver’s insurance (RAC) did all the work and provided hire car for etc.

There are cheaper insurers, but I’ve found RAC to be the cheapest of what I’d classify as top tier insurers.

…and I have twins both about to to Ps so the approach to younger / inexperienced drivers also important to me.
Agree, I’ve had two not at fault accidents and my sons car got attacked by an a drug fueled person with a brick (along with 20 other cars in the area) all fixed promptly and I still have my no claim bonus

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Try Rollin insurance. They were the cheapest for me at $6xx per year. They are underwritten by NRMA.
Just tried a few insurers to see, for it looks like its going to be GIO, they will insure for 84k, have choice of repairer. On a $900 excess they offer three levels of cover $754, $787 with windscreen and $960 for for top cover with lifetime car replacement.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Just tried a few insurers to see, for it looks like its going to be GIO, they will insure for 84k, have choice of repairer. On a $900 excess they offer three levels of cover $754, $787 with windscreen and $960 for for top cover with lifetime car replacement.
Interesting…my quote for GIO was $1230 …
I did have a claim in the last year because my sons car (which is insured under me at present) was attacked by an indigenous person high on drugs with a brick (along with another 20 vehicles) that wasn’t charged …even though there is security footage of it happening, so I had to pay the excess.
RAC waives one incident and protects the no claim bonus, looks like GIO doesn’t.
There was also a warning that the car would not be protected if anyone under the age of 25 is driving unless it’s a medical emergency (with proof) or someone employed to fix the car (apprentice mechanic etc) so it’s not suitable for me.
Looks like a fantastic deal for you though

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Yes I have a VIN…ETA is still end of April start of May….however dealer said that usually when they get a VIN in Feb they would see a car late March.
He did stress though the Zs have been following a different timeline to most, so expect it late April/May and if it comes earlier it’s a nice surprise.
He will update when the system shows which boat it’s on

The VIN literally came through this morning ….wasn’t there yesterday
That ETA could slide considerably.

Just as point of reference, I got an email from Ford three weeks ago with VIN and scheduled time for my vehicle build mid April. Since then the build date has slid to end of April. And based on what others have experienced, probably the build date will shift again.

After build the best case is 1 month but more likely 2+ months before my vehicle is ready for pickup at the dealership. Just going off what others have experienced. So maybe I'm looking end of June if not later.

Hopefully the stars align in your case with how Nissan does things, and your Z shows up earlier.

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
My daughter went over to Tokyo for a few days and went into a Nissan showroom near her hotel, they have lots of Nissan merchandise for sale, said she would surprise me with a few things.
Look at the attention to detail in the coffee

Screenshot_20230219_154659_Messages.jpg

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
Interesting…my quote for GIO was $1230 …
I did have a claim in the last year because my sons car (which is insured under me at present) was attacked by an indigenous person high on drugs with a brick (along with another 20 vehicles) that wasn’t charged …even though there is security footage of it happening, so I had to pay the excess.
RAC waives one incident and protects the no claim bonus, looks like GIO doesn’t.
There was also a warning that the car would not be protected if anyone under the age of 25 is driving unless it’s a medical emergency (with proof) or someone employed to fix the car (apprentice mechanic etc) so it’s not suitable for me.
Looks like a fantastic deal for you though
Don’t you lover he insurance definition of at fault! It’s your fault unless it’s proven it’s someone else’s. In fact they once tried to go even further with me in that even though the guy that stole my car was charged and convicted, the insurer deemed it my fault because they didn’t reckon they could recover the loss from the thief.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Don’t you lover he insurance definition of at fault! It’s your fault unless it’s proven it’s someone else’s. In fact they once tried to go even further with me in that even though the guy that stole my car was charged and convicted, the insurer deemed it my fault because they didn’t reckon they could recover the loss from the thief.
Yep..they most will do anything to get out of paying up

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
My daughter went over to Tokyo for a few days and went into a Nissan showroom near her hotel, they have lots of Nissan merchandise for sale, said she would surprise me with a few things.
Look at the attention to detail in the coffee

Screenshot_20230219_154659_Messages.jpg
pity it's an auto!

1676839811326.png

co worker was there a couple months back ;)

they also had a 370 race car

1676839859676.png

They had the GTR50 when I was last there

1676839919964.png

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
pity it's an auto!

1676839811326.png

co worker was there a couple months back ;)

they also had a 370 race car

1676839859676.png

They had the GTR50 when I was last there

1676839919964.png
Every time I drive by a local Chicagoland Nissan dealership, I "pick up the visual scanning", hoping to finally see a real live Z. So far no dice. I assumed sometime in 2024 the dealerships around here will get one, which will then promptly be socked with 20k ADM. ;)

theboosh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
XV
If anyone else visits Japan, bring back some floor mats. I bet they'll be the next thing out of stock once our cars appear lol.

Reactions: Mud

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
If anyone else visits Japan, bring back some floor mats. I bet they'll be the next thing out of stock once our cars appear lol.
I'm currently scheduled to be there in June, but will prob push it back a little bit. as I have work trips booked in april, may, July/Aug and Sept.