Hands Up all the Aussies

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bus
That's a real shame, a respectable dealer (and dealership) would typically adviser their customers of a new point of contact.
Agree totally. Good times can breed bad habits...

It's a perfect opportunity to go through a deal book and ring all the customers and restart the relationship without carrying forward too much of the baggage. ;)

whopacha

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 3 sp25
Occupation
Business improvement analyst
For anyone in melbs, Footscray has a black manual demo. I happened to spot it when driving past. Dropped in for a look and a sit in it. First time seeing it in person.

I also asked my dealership if it was possible to give the contract to anyone else. I also asked if it was possible to swap colours. The answer to both was no. So good luck to anyone who thinks they can give/sell the contract on. Maybe other dealerships would allow it, but mine said it would be the same thing as starting over.

Looks nice (although black would be a pain to keep clean) and I haven't cancelled yet, but I'm 99% sure I'll go for the Civic type r.

I will likely be a little jealous when I eventually see the Z's on the road though.

20230104_172240.jpg

20230104_172234.jpg

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bus
Aaagh, every time I see the black, that's what I've ordered, I am sucked back into the Z vortex...

Yeah, you have to be the first registered owner, so means you need to purchase, pay on roads and then on sell. Second owner doesn't get hit with LCT, but will pay stamps again. This meets the terms of the contract. It's a bit of a pain, so just depends if you have a buyer lined up already with an agreed price, whether you can be bothered.

The reality is in general by the time people's car orders are turning up across all brands, it's often the case that they have moved on, finance rates are up, life changes etc, so not always someone just doing it to flip. For example, I am pretty keen on a new bike, so the BRZ and bike are the same price as the Z. So i'll have to decide between them...

Last edited:

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
I'll be getting some proper km's into the Z next week as I'm taking it away on holidays. I hadn't planned to but the Tiguan has suddenly sprung a warning light and I don't have time to get it checked before going away. A reasonably large suitcase just fits in the back of the Z, with a bit of coersion.

Anyone know any good driving roads around the Forster area?

MattJ2020

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer
Anyone order the new GT R 15 mins ago when the car was launched in Japan? Let us know the ETA for delivery šŸ˜‚

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bus
I imagine most people will have had their dealer calls on their coupes by now to reconfirm. :)

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Yes.

Nissan Australia is requiring a reconfirmation as Coupe allocation will occur in the next little while.

We are getting close to having ETA's. :)
I havenā€™t had any callsā€¦might call my dealer to make sure they have reconfirmed. He is newā€¦.and the boss is on holidays ā€¦perfect storm šŸ˜–

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Updateā€¦just called himā€¦he said yes, they have been asked to confirm but he didnā€™t bother calling the first few on his list because we bug him all the time ( in different words) and knew we were still in, so my order has already been reconfirmed.
He is hoping to have ETAs soon

Iā€™m willing to bet that a lot of dealers wonā€™t call incase some has pulled the pin and then they donā€™t get the carā€¦this is entirely my opinion only nothing factual to base it on
But imagine being these dealers and not having any or very very few dealer delivery fees come in for almost two years. Thatā€™s why they are struggling to hold onto staff ATM