First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
At their current rate of release and sale/register it should take about 4 to 5 years to complete the 1200 orders.:(
Does anyone know what the production capacity of the Tochigi plant for the Z

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
They pumped out 10,000 370s in 2010 just for the USA

Source:
https://carsalesbase.com/us-nissan-370z/
big time.
That said USA is 15x the market of AU so that needs to be taken into consideration.

but with UK and EU no longer in mix should be more cars for us.

really comes down to which market yells loudest.

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
big time.
That said USA is 15x the market of AU so that needs to be taken into consideration.

US are getting F all cars at the moment too.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
big time.

Itā€™s not really about market size per sayā€¦but the capability of getting cars made.
Now if it was possible to pump out 10,000 in one year for the US, 1000 units should be a walk in the park for us.
Further more the plant has now been made fully automated which means that they should be be able to produce far higher numbers

This seems to suggest that actual production is not what is stopping cars being sent

Other manufacturers who released cars after Nissan are sending cars to Aus, which suggests the chip issue and covid can also be managed now.

So why the delay? The only logical reason left is major defects they are trying to rectify before sending. As we have said many times. Iā€™d be fine with this is we had an honest update ā€¦it would actual be positive, showing quality control and a refusal to sell below par cars. However all we get is radio silence and that is why people are leaving the dream of owning a Z in the rear view mirror to purchase other options

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Yep, there's absolutely more to the story and it does beg the question as to why even have the charade? Battle this online speculation with transparency and facts. Dispense with this smoke and mirrors bullshit of sending us in bloody circles for answers.

I'm sure there's a very good reason for their choice of approach, but fucked if I can pick it.

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
https://www.drive.com.au/news/nissan-z-waiting-list-tops-1200-cars-z-proto-numbers-still-secret/

Ok more decent info here

the April delivery time frame is only for protos.
Rest by mid 23.
(just waiting to see all the comments re but they said mid 22)
And they somehow still don't know how many Protos are coming to Australia. Yet they told me I initially missed out on an allocation. How can they know that if they don't know how many or haven't decided how many are coming??

It's a bit stupid selling a 'limited edition' model and charging a premium without knowing, or telling anyone how limited it is.

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
Separately, all the reviewers weren't lying about how slippery the tires are. It's pretty much dangerous how easy the back end lets go under acceleration. I predict that there's going to be a lot of Z's that get binned. Hopefully not mine.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Separately, all the reviewers weren't lying about how slippery the tires are. It's pretty much dangerous how easy the back end lets go under acceleration. I predict that there's going to be a lot of Z's that get binned. Hopefully not mine.
The safety aspect for me is huge.
This coupled with the fact the time line is now expected to be pushed out to mid next year means Iā€™m really considering pulling out.
Timelines keep getting pushed back and Mid 2023 is not even a firm date.
They said mid 2022 when they first took most peoples money, and end of 2021 when they took mine.
With no cars in production for the Aus market yet who is to say it wonā€™t push out to mid 2024šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
We are going in holidays next week. Be back mid Jan. if cars have not entered manufacturing state with a firm timeline by then I will be buying one of the options I have my eye on in the second hand market ā€¦this also gives it another month for the second hand market to soften.

I canā€™t say how truly disappointed I am. This was to be my first car that had everything I wanted in the colour I wanted, brand new ā€¦.but they really dropped the ball.

When I first ordered I said I would need a car by July 2022 as my son got his Ls and we were a car down. By July 2023 he will actually have his license and i can not keep using the i20 ( nor do I want to) as he bought it and it is his car.
This shows how ridiculously long the wait has beenā€¦all with no communication

I predict four weeks from now Iā€™ll be posting on the thread ā€œ shiny new thingsā€ and it wonā€™t be a Z

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Man, you just have to admire the optimism of these guys! 10 cars to customers in November - now that sounds like a real number - and yeah, we'll have the unknown number of protos banged out by the end of March and the next 1000 plus orders sorted by mid 23.

Put the Eggnog down Nissan, you're drunk!

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
This coupled with the fact the time line is now expected to be pushed out to mid next year means Iā€™m really considering pulling out.
Timelines keep getting pushed back and Mid 2023 is not even a firm date.
They said mid 2022 when they first took most peoples money, and end of 2021 when they took mine.
With no cars in production for the Aus market yet who is to say it wonā€™t push out to mid 2024šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

I canā€™t say how truly disappointed I am. This was to be my first car that had everything I wanted in the colour I wanted, brand new ā€¦.but they really dropped the ball.

When I first ordered I said I would need a car by July 2022 as my son got his Ls and we were a car down. By July 2023 he will actually have his license and i can not keep using the i20 ( nor do I want to) as he bought it and it is his car.
This shows how ridiculously long the wait has beenā€¦all with no communication

I predict four weeks from now Iā€™ll be posting on the thread ā€œ shiny new thingsā€ and it wonā€™t be a Z
Feel for you.

Theres no denying that you've been a staunch supporter and keen enthusiast for this new Z.

Tell your young chap to keep riding the bus while mum waits for her mid-life crisis rig and there won't be any if's, but's, or maybe's about it! šŸ˜‡

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Feel for you.

Theres no denying that you've been a staunch supporter and keen enthusiast for this new Z.

Tell your young chap to keep riding the bus while mum waits for her mid-life crisis rig and there won't be any if's, but's, or maybe's about it! šŸ˜‡
He has been more than understanding and patient ā€¦.if I asked him he would, because he is truly a great kid ( even if I do say so myself)
But that is only half of the issue. I just canā€™t keeping waiting forever, and the longer it goes on the less enthusiastic I am.

Also the more I learn about the car the more Iā€™m thinking it might not be worth it. 84k for a car with no Sat nav, plugged in Apple car play, a tiny screen, no automatic wipers, transmission problems and safety concerns is not a good deal.
Some of these things are in basic cars that are half the cost.

Iā€™ve been torn for the last 6 months nowā€¦but this latest news makes the decision for me.

And yesā€¦ten cars is much closer to the mark, which is another red flag. Fancy saying 84 have been delivered. That is a deliberate attempt to hide the truth from potential buyers.
Thats not on

MattJ2020

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer
Yesā€¦ buts itā€™s a Z šŸ˜

Reactions: Mud