Hands Up all the Aussies

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
Congrats @Pupz . So jealous you managed to score a manual. It's going to take me forever to get to 2000km :(

At least the slow trickle of deliveries seems to be starting up again.

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
Congrats @Pupz . So jealous you managed to score a manual. It's going to take me forever to get to 2000km :(

At least the slow trickle of deliveries seems to be starting up again.
Yep 2000km will take an effort from me too. Iā€™ve averaged about 7000 per year for last ten years.

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Yep 2000km will take an effort from me too. Iā€™ve averaged about 7000 per year for last ten years.
I'm feeling that.

As weekenders, these will take the best part of a year to break these in if its left waiting for me to do so. Might have to task the Mrs with taking it for a strap while I'm out of town to keep the k's ticking over....I'm sure I won't have to twist her arm too much šŸ˜…

It's nice to hear about deliveries starting again though. Enjoy!

Zywoov2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
Just curious, what happens if you go above the 4000rpm before 2000km is there long term damage?

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual
Just curious, what happens if you go above the 4000rpm before 2000km is there long term damage?
Almost certainly nothing will go wrong. It's just an arbitrary limit so that the components have a chance to wear in gently. Whether Nissan has the diagnostics to prove it was/wasn't followed, and if they'd use it to try to deny a warranty claim is another thing.

The demo cars certainly aren't getting run in like that šŸ˜„

Pupz

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
987 Boxter, Z in waiting
Yes. Very difficult to keep below 4000 RPM 100% of the time. 1st and 2nd are short, and then there is the auto rev match! The dealership didnā€™t even mention itā€¦.had to look it up in the book.

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
The most recent cars I've had the dealers have told me were 'run in' from factory. No need to be gentle. Not sure why Nissan doesn't do the same.

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Speaking of the breaking in period; does anyone have any thoughts on the vehicle immediately doing a 600kms trip out to where I live?

I'll be in Perth January next year for several days on an unrelated matter and should it be that this works out in the best way possible, id like to bring it back with me. But that would involve such a trip. Keeping it under 4000rpm would be a consideration, but would the duration of such a trip right off the bat prove an issue?

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual
Speaking of the breaking in period; does anyone have any thoughts on the vehicle immediately doing a 600kms trip out to where I live?

I'll be in Perth January next year for several days on an unrelated matter and should it be that this works out in the best way possible, id like to bring it back with me. But that would involve such a trip. Keeping it under 4000rpm would be a consideration, but would the duration of such a trip right off the bat prove an issue?
According to this guy, it sounds like they recommend varying the engine speed rather than just straight up sitting on cruise control, but otherwise don't mention anything about long drives.

I reckon you'd be in the clear. When I get mine, I'll be taking it on longer drives over a couple of weekends to put a dent in the break in period.

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Cheers dude. Yeah, I just couldn't shake the niggle of there being something regarding "continuous driving" and the break in period. Anyhow I'll play it by ear. šŸ‘

Raff

First Name
Gtr
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
Morning all, does anyone know if there are any dealers in Victoria with a manual demo?

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bus
Cheers dude. Yeah, I just couldn't shake the niggle of there being something regarding "continuous driving" and the break in period. Anyhow I'll play it by ear. šŸ‘
Yeah, typically it recommends varying engine speed. If I do pick mine up, I'll be driving it from Melbourne to Brisbane, so will run it in along the coast road. It'll get some variation through towns and roadworks no doubt. ha ha.

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Yeah, typically it recommends varying engine speed. If I do pick mine up, I'll be driving it from Melbourne to Brisbane, so will run it in along the coast road. It'll get some variation through towns and roadworks no doubt. ha ha.
When I picked up my Qashqai in Melb and drove it to Wollongong, told dealer not to register it and drove home with just a sticker on the windscreen and no plates. Got it registered here. Didn't need to worry about speed cameras or tolls.
Just let insurance know and your covered, also passed a few police and know one seem to care