Hands Up all the Aussies

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
love it.

just shocks or sway bars at same time?
Shocks for now - speaking with Whiteline about sway bars and mounts.
I just wanted to test one thing at a time TBH, and I'm thinking the next thing might be new rubber (PS4+ or PS5, haven't decided just yet). The new suspension has already changed the driving dynamic so much. The immediate turn into corners is much more precise, but a split second after turn in there is hesitation in the tyres.

Josh at MCA also made a good comment that I forgot to share in earlier post - the seating position is very much over (or near enough) to the rear axle. On the stock suspension, that translated to a comfortable "soft" front end, but the rear was still quite jarring. He said he felt like he was being kicked around a bit by the rear stock suspension.

After he pointed that out I noticed it too.

The new setup compensates for this well - the front is much tighter, but the rear is a little more forgiving. Not enough to cause issues, but it feels like it's maintaining better contact with the road. In a word it feels more confident in the rear. Tighter, but not 'harder'. Can only imagine how much it'll improve again with track tyres and a little more camber.

Speaking of camber, I went through the paperwork that MCA gave me, and didn't get a printout of the basline test. I'll ask.

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
Shocks for now - speaking with Whiteline about sway bars and mounts.
I just wanted to test one thing at a time TBH, and I'm thinking the next thing might be new rubber (PS4+ or PS5, haven't decided just yet). The new suspension has already changed the driving dynamic so much. The immediate turn into corners is much more precise, but a split second after turn in there is hesitation in the tyres.

Josh at MCA also made a good comment that I forgot to share in earlier post - the seating position is very much over (or near enough) to the rear axle. On the stock suspension, that translated to a comfortable "soft" front end, but the rear was still quite jarring. He said he felt like he was being kicked around a bit by the rear stock suspension.

After he pointed that out I noticed it too.

The new setup compensates for this well - the front is much tighter, but the rear is a little more forgiving. Not enough to cause issues, but it feels like it's maintaining better contact with the road. In a word it feels more confident in the rear. Tighter, but not 'harder'. Can only imagine how much it'll improve again with track tyres and a little more camber.

Speaking of camber, I went through the paperwork that MCA gave me, and didn't get a printout of the basline test. I'll ask.
thanks for the detail reply really appreciate it

Reactions: Mud

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
Hi all. I’ve been watching this thread for a bit. Figured I should sign up now. Yesterday placed an order at a perth dealer (Osborne park) for a gun metallic manual. They are talking April - June. We shall see 🤞🏻

Although the Z ain’t perfect and although Nissan are hopeless at communicating, for me the important things are:

1. The car exists
2. It’s substantially cheaper than the Supra
3. The Mustang (even 2023) has an awful interior
4. How many more internal combustion rear wheel drive manual cars will there be!
5. It looks hot
Welcome. Same combo as me, same dealer except I ordered early June. Hopefully that means mine will be earlier.

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
I am not fully convinced it needed it, but couple of spare rolls of Roadkill + Covid Isolation = Doing shit to car.

PXL_20221119_072138378.jpg
PXL_20221119_080530671.jpg
PXL_20221119_080926325.jpg

I actually couldnt get the piece of foam on either side up... Looks like it's a plastic screw plug but couldn't get either one unplugged to save myself...
Doesn't really matter, doesn't need 100% coverage and it actually already made a big difference doing a knock test.

Also, tow hook makes a good replacement roller if you lose one
PXL_20221119_073358075.jpg

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
I am not fully convinced it needed it, but couple of spare rolls of Roadkill + Covid Isolation = Doing shit to car.

PXL_20221119_072138378.jpg
PXL_20221119_080530671.jpg
PXL_20221119_080926325.jpg

I actually couldnt get the piece of foam on either side up... Looks like it's a plastic screw plug but couldn't get either one unplugged to save myself...
Doesn't really matter, doesn't need 100% coverage and it actually already made a big difference doing a knock test.

Also, tow hook makes a good replacement roller if you lose one
PXL_20221119_073358075.jpg
that’s clean, love it.

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Got any good pics of the new ride height @Proto Z ?
Only really this one at the moment.
I'll get some more - it's just in at Nissan ATM for the 1000km check (and hopefully artificial engine noise delete)

Speaking of which, I'm talking with Rob Bliss Exhausts at the moment about a 3" active valve exhaust. They've got an infinity with a VR30 in sometime in the 1st week of December, and will have a listen to it raw to see what it needs.

1668992135808.png

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Lloyds in Vic have a Proto Spec on auction, so far 1 bid at $67k

Grug

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW Passat V6
My proto is on the Dream Orchid and there are coupes on board according to my dealer. And collecting my proto on the 10th of December.
since the Dream Orchid has already left Fremantle for Darwin any one know why another 2 weeks until Zs that were on board her get delivered