Hands Up all the Aussies

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Makes me wonder if I will get a recall on my Proto due to the 2nd gear grind??. So far I have not noticed this with 1k miles in it.
From my understanding, the problem is hit and miss.
So the cars that hadn’t left are getting the once over and being fixed before they sail.
I’d say due to there being so few actually making it into customers hands they will fix any issues when/if they come to light

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
What’s your current realistic estimate of when you may take delivery after a 2 year wait?
I was told there was a transmission issue about a month ago (almost got chased out of the forum by trying to help others) they said they will start shipping out again mid to late December, and cars will hopefully come Late Jan early Feb.
Now…this is IF the issue is fixed in the timeline they think it will be (track records not great) and I am in the first 100 orders in the country.
I can’t see people who ordered this week getting them two months later with such a huge backlog…but I could be wrong

Grug

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW Passat V6
Does anyone know how many 350z or 370z sold in australia in first year? Because I don’t know that it’s actually going to be a big seller. It’s not a cheap car. It’s not a prestige car. It’s only 2 seater. It’s a pretty niche car.
I’m hoping they can clear backlog by mid next year.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
O
Does anyone know how many 350z or 370z sold in australia in first year? Because I don’t know that it’s actually going to be a big seller. It’s not a cheap car. It’s not a prestige car. It’s only 2 seater. It’s a pretty niche car.
I’m hoping they can clear backlog by mid next year.
On average, Aus sold 404 370zs every year…total just over 5000.
Nissan Aus has already confirmed they have more than 1000 orders for the Z in the pipeline, and that was months ago

Again, I could be wrong..and don’t want to be a Debbie Downer, but given manual coupes haven’t even started hitting our shores yet, I doubt the backlog will be gone by mid year….some predictions 6 months ago put it at a years backlog and obviously more, like yourself have ordered since then

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
..and this is where the frustration kicks into overdrive.

It's irresponsible in the extreme to be taking new orders and even uttering an ETA currently IMHO. And that IS the dealerships making those statements. Fuck the dealerships, they don't deserve our sympathy as they aren't being truthful right from the outset.

Fancy telling old mate that he's looking at a 4 - 5 month wait or whatever when the reality is a far more sobering prospect.

@Grug, matey, I ordered my proto early and she still ain't even a spec on the horizon mate. The coupes will follow on from the protos, and there's a long list of peeps that ordered waaaayyy earlier than you mate and theyd be lucky to see vehicles this financial year.

Osborne Park are feeding you bullshit, and they know it.

Sorry dude.

Grug

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW Passat V6
I obviously hope you guys turn out to be wrong, and I hope that once the factory cranks up they can send a boat load full of Zs and clear up most of the backlog. I also expect some orders will be cancelled (because of interest rates if nothing else).

But I know I am being very optimistic. Maybe naive. Appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

I am definitely working on a plan B.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
I've chosen to purchase another vehicle as I can't play this silent waiting game indefinitely.
Bittersweet but at least it's a similar colour to my apparent Z order.

I'm not going anywhere! Still excited for the Z and hope to be behind the wheel at some stage.

IMG_4450.jpeg

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
Did they have stock? if so well done. as last time I looked they were Q3 next year for deliveries.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Did they have stock? if so well done. as last time I looked they were Q3 next year for deliveries.
Not stock at such, currently 9-12 month wait on all 6cyl Rangers, however there's plenty of undriven 'dealership demos' floating around that they'll happily sell for slightly over msrp.