OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Maybe a yellow manual for @WestAussie.
Thanks for thinking of me Peter,.would be great if it was true, but as yet haven’t heard even a whisper.
Mind you that’s not unusual.
I think my dealer has given up giving info, because disappointment usually follows

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
My proto is on the Dream Orchid and there are coupes on board according to my dealer. And collecting my proto on the 10th of December.
Exciting news for some….curious…manual or auto?
Dream Orchid is due to berth in Freo tomorrow. Would think if mine was on there I would have heard something

Zywoov2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
Exciting news for some….curious…manual or auto?
Dream Orchid is due to berth in Freo tomorrow. Would think if mine was on there I would have heard something
mine is auto and the GM of the dealership has his personal coupe on there which is an auto too. Don’t know about the rest though

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
If our expected delivery dates are around March/April, hopefully with all the delays our cars haven't been made yet and will be produced with the new gearbox

Brissiez

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tesla
Drive gave a rather poor review of the manual. Really thinking about canceling my pre-order now.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
I've researched the tint and ceramic coating extensively.
I actually love Rayno window films - have used S7 and S9 in the past, and they are just awesome. Had the opportunity to see them side by side with both untinted and cheap tinted cars, and the heat difference was huge.

What's the name of the tint place in Eagle Farm?

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Drive gave a rather poor review of the manual. Really thinking about canceling my pre-order now.
In terms of both performance and drivability, autos pretty much dominate.
But it is very satisfying to drive this as a manual... I think their notes about it being a pretty ordinary manual in comparison to others is a bit misleading... what others?
My wife's current daily is a VW manual (circa 2014) and the Z is much better. I've driven an 86 and an MX5 with manual, and while they were probably on par (the MX5 was a little better from memory) they aren't doing anywhere near the sort of power and torque as the Z.

Reading what Drive said about the location of 3rd baffled me... 2nd is the stiffest gate by far, but I'm not seeing the grinding that reviewers had, but 3rd is very easy to slot.

Anyways, not trying to sway you. You do you.

BUT, maybe talk to your dealer about your concerns and see if they can arrange for you to drive a manual (even from another dealership or something)?

Reactions: Mud

dackoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R - FN2
Occupation
Engineer
Given the great news that potentially some Z's are due into Freo tomorrow, i emailed my sales rep at the dealership. I've just received a reply stating that their manual demo is on that ship and that my Proto Manual now has a December production date, and due on the January boat with a potentially delivery date to me in Feb. So my letter from Nissan wrt to a Feb date seems like they're actually following through with this promise. Great news.

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Given the great news that potentially some Z's are due into Freo tomorrow, i emailed my sales rep at the dealership. I've just received a reply stating that their manual demo is on that ship and that my Proto Manual now has a December production date, and due on the January boat with a potentially delivery date to me in Feb. So my letter from Nissan wrt to a Feb date seems like they're actually following through with this promise. Great news.
Yeah, be interesting to see where the dust settles. Nissan aus gave me a January delivery date, but we'll see. Full transmission drop is full on. The wait is bullshit, but I'd rather not suffer through a recall.

dackoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R - FN2
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah, be interesting to see where the dust settles. Nissan aus gave me a January delivery date, but we'll see. Full transmission drop is full on. The wait is bullshit, but I'd rather not suffer through a recall.
A factory fix is definitely what i'd prefer. I'm just happy that things appear to be moving now all be it that i still need to keep asking my sales rep for updates.