Hands Up all the Aussies

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
Not stock at such, currently 9-12 month wait on all 6cyl Rangers, however there's plenty of undriven 'dealership demos' floating around that they'll happily sell for slightly over msrp.
yeah fair enough.

after getting stranded in the recent floods Wife is talking a 4x4 ute and that's the only one I would really think about.

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
Not stock at such, currently 9-12 month wait on all 6cyl Rangers. However there's plenty of undriven 'dealership demos' floating around that they'll happily sell for slightly over msrp.
I could do you a great deal on a like new MY15 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
I could do you a great deal on a like new MY15 Jeep Grand Cherokee?
Hey they're nice cars, extremely popular in NZ, though more stress/issues than I have time for.

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
My proto is on the Dream Orchid and there are customer coupes on board according to my dealer. And collecting my proto on the 10th of December.
Maybe a yellow manual for @WestAussie.

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Thanks, indeed. Playing it by ear. Currently need a work vehicle and sadly can't afford both. We shall see. 🤔
Roger that mate. I do recall you mentioning earlier that your new occupation was placing some pressure on you to pick up a new whip! I'm glad you've got something that you've had a prior interest in. Will be nice to see you in a Zed though 😊

As a bunch of enthusiasts, we'd be the last people to pull the ripcord. I can only imagine how many others without such an interest in the vehicle/brand are taking these endless delays. I reckon Nissan are burning through waiting lists quicker than this forum might suggest given the minute cross section of customers represented here. So that in itself may provide new customers the chance to advance rapidly if that gives new comers some small comfort.

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Roger that mate. I do recall you mentioning earlier that your new occupation was placing some pressure on you to pick up a new whip! I'm glad you've got something that you've had a prior interest in. Will be nice to see you in a Zed though 😊

As a bunch of enthusiasts, we'd be the last people to pull the ripcord. I can only imagine how many others without such an interest in the vehicle/brand are taking these endless delays. I reckon Nissan are burning through waiting lists quicker than this forum might suggest given the minute cross section of customers represented here. So that in itself may provide new customers the chance to advance rapidly if that gives new comers some small comfort.
I wish,
but not that hopeful.

that said those with finace clauses on their contract would be a bigger issue with the way rates are going these days.

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
I wish,
but not that hopeful.

that said those with finace clauses on their contract would be a bigger issue with the way rates are going these days.
Very true. The world is certainly a different place now than what it was even this time last year. We all know what's making headlines and even shit like a resurgent covid outbreak over East is enough give people pause. I reckon everyones over this covid and all the xyz variants anyhow.

But the interest rate rises and a six figure toy don't go nicely together when packaged together in a financed bundle.

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Had a good chat with Josh at MCA Suspension. Great guy, and a great team.

He had some comments if the original suspension, which I'll mostly save for a future post, but suffice is to say he thought it was 'below average'.

He is very confident the MCA Reds will give the Z a marked handling improvement.
They have hooked me up with air cups on the front (confirmed they won't fit the rear without a decent amount of fabrication work), but the compressor and kit won't arrive for a couple of weeks.
I'll drop into AK Racing when it arrives for the fitment then.

PXL_20221116_040127994.jpg

PXL_20221116_035844613.jpg

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Oh, and looking at 20mm spacers too.
Should fit pretty comfortably, but MCA are going to test this afternoon.
20mm spacers offset those stock wheels perfectly though I'm slightly concerned about the legality in the event of an accident.

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
20mm spacers offset those stock wheels perfectly though I'm slightly concerned about the legality in the event of an accident.
Yeah - insurance certainly don't like them.

Might fit them up and drive them around pending the 2000km service check - will take them off before I go in.

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had a good chat with Josh at MCA Suspension. Great guy, and a great team.

He had some comments if the original suspension, which I'll mostly save for a future post, but suffice is to say he thought it was 'below average'.

He is very confident the MCA Reds will give the Z a marked handling improvement.
They have hooked me up with air cups on the front (confirmed they won't fit the rear without a decent amount of fabrication work), but the compressor and kit won't arrive for a couple of weeks.
I'll drop into AK Racing when it arrives for the fitment then.

PXL_20221116_040127994.jpg

PXL_20221116_035844613.jpg
Curious if you got an alignment check done prior.

Aaron at import monster got his checked prior to mods and was pretty bad.

344B701A-293C-41E4-B7C3-429C2AD89F52.png