Hands Up all the Aussies

Zywoov2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
Given the great news that potentially some Z's are due into Freo tomorrow, i emailed my sales rep at the dealership. I've just received a reply stating that their manual demo is on that ship and that my Proto Manual now has a December production date, and due on the January boat with a potentially delivery date to me in Feb. So my letter from Nissan wrt to a Feb date seems like they're actually following through with this promise. Great news.
Im curious has your sales rep told you how many protos are allocated in WA?

dackoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R - FN2
Occupation
Engineer
Never, it's a question i've asked many a time and also wrt to Australia i've never truly found an official answer.

Zywoov2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
Never, it's a question i've asked many a time and also wrt to Australia i've never truly found an official answer.
Iā€™ve been told only 13 in WA and SA combined, (6 in WA) but I donā€™t know how true it is

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
I actually had a go at Nissan Australia over the number of proto's question in my Customer Feedback form.
Of all the issues with this launch, that's actually my biggest gripe. Genuinely can't think of a reasonable explanation as to why they can't just outright say the number of protos in AU?

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
I actually had a go at Nissan Australia over the number of proto's question in my Customer Feedback form.
Of all the issues with this launch, that's actually my biggest gripe. Genuinely can't think of a reasonable explanation as to why they can't just outright say the number of protos in AU?
That and I still can't believe there's no talk about a placard in the cabin, or cert of authenticity or whatever with purchase.

dackoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R - FN2
Occupation
Engineer
It's a shame for sure, especially when my Honda Type R which is over 10yrs old has a placard just below the gear stick with it's unique number

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Actually that is a great point. I am sure that was mentioned initially right?
Wasn't just the US press saying that?
Honestly mate, I don't believe it was ever mentioned by Nissan anywhere. It's been a sore point for sometime now, especially following on from the reduction in infotainment screen size.

There was a lot of discussion had regarding exactly how "limited" the Proto is/was for the extra coin, and it's a hard position to argue against unfortunately šŸ˜’

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
I've just come back from MCA after getting the Reds dialled in. They've set me up with 8/10 front/rear (out of 12) for a slightly more streetable setup for now. That includes forgoing the spacers... for now...

It's been lowered though:
1668670150843.png

The air cups are also installed on the front, but they didn't have a full compressor kit in stock, so it'll be another week or so until that arrives. I think it'll definitely need them - scraping on things I wouldn't have before.

I was originally going to do the suspension as one of the last modifications, but holy cow I'm glad I've done this now. There is a huuuge difference in handling, not only in corners (response is immediate, and I can now really feel the shortcomings of the stock rubber), but also in a straight line. I am STILL only keeping things below 4k rpm, but everything just feels like it hooks up better now. 400km until the kid gloves come off. Can't wait!

Huge shout out to MCA. Josh, in particular, really took the time to get my impressions and personal opinions on the car, and ultimately what I want to get out of it. They've been a huge help, and very patient with me.

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
I've just come back from MCA after getting the Reds dialled in. They've set me up with 8/10 front/rear (out of 12) for a slightly more streetable setup for now. That includes forgoing the spacers... for now...

It's been lowered though:
1668670150843.png

The air cups are also installed on the front, but they didn't have a full compressor kit in stock, so it'll be another week or so until that arrives. I think it'll definitely need them - scraping on things I wouldn't have before.

I was originally going to do the suspension as one of the last modifications, but holy cow I'm glad I've done this now. There is a huuuge difference in handling, not only in corners (response is immediate, and I can now really feel the shortcomings of the stock rubber), but also in a straight line. I am STILL only keeping things below 4k rpm, but everything just feels like it hooks up better now. 400km until the kid gloves come off. Can't wait!

Huge shout out to MCA. Josh, in particular, really took the time to get my impressions and personal opinions on the car, and ultimately what I want to get out of it. They've been a huge help, and very patient with me.
love it.

just shocks or sway bars at same time?

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Given the great news that potentially some Z's are due into Freo tomorrow, i emailed my sales rep at the dealership. I've just received a reply stating that their manual demo is on that ship and that my Proto Manual now has a December production date, and due on the January boat with a potentially delivery date to me in Feb. So my letter from Nissan wrt to a Feb date seems like they're actually following through with this promise. Great news.
This is exactly what I was told from my dealer ( different to yours I believe)
Phoned my dealerā€¦the cars onboard are either Protos or Dealer Demos as not all dealers got their demos
Production for Coupe manuals are Dec/Jan which is another two month push back than when the memo came out about manuals, as it was originally delivery Jan/Feb ā€¦.canā€™t see them getting here before March April if Iā€™m honest.
A full two years after my order

As to others being told they will have a car mid year when they only just ordered. Itā€™s just not going to happen.
Feb/ March or April for first orders, then they have a 1000 cars on back order ā€¦or two years worth of what they averaged selling with the 370z

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Honestly mate, I don't believe it was ever mentioned by Nissan anywhere. It's been a sore point for sometime now, especially following on from the reduction in infotainment screen size.

There was a lot of discussion had regarding exactly how "limited" the Proto is/was for the extra coin, and it's a hard position to argue against unfortunately šŸ˜’
Really they need to just state how many are being made, and a numbering system of some sort is the least you should get when buying a limited model.

Especially if you change the seats out later in the cars life (as many do) Then you are just left to spray painting the callipers

Brissiez

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tesla
maybe talk to your dealer about your concerns and see if they can arrange for you to drive a manual (even from another dealership or something)?
Will give them a call. Heard nothing from them so far.
I have put down a preorder for a Mustang dark horse, but I am thinking about gettting a used F87 M2 C instead of the Z before the Mustang. Unfortunately most of the M2 are autos.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Will give them a call. Heard nothing from them so far.
I have put down a preorder for a Mustang dark horse, but I am thinking about gettting a used F87 M2 C instead of the Z before the Mustang. Unfortunately most of the M2 are autos.
Thereā€™s a 2021 370z Nismo up for sale in WA. The owner has put in Apple car play reverse camera and a few other thingsā€¦looks in pristine condition.
Pretty tempting