Hands Up all the Aussies

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Air cups look great. I'd been keen on slapping on red MCA and air cups on my proto too.
Keep us posted
Cheers
Quick update - as predicted much of the components are able to be lifted straight out of the 370Z catalogue. I should be driving on the Reds by Thursday.

It looks like the air cups will fit the front, but not the back.
I'll get them on the front in a non-tank kit (ie, just a compressor). In my experience so far, this is exactly where they need them, the front lip loves to kiss the ground more than the pope.

Again, will keep you all posted, but hit me with any questions etc that you might have, and I'll run it past the team at MCA. They are great people.

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Just saw a YouTube clip from Jordan Payne, he asked Nissan execs at SEMA, about the Z delays, apparently there is a fix for the manual transmission.
Cars awaiting delivery in the US will be fixed by a team sent out from Japan.
Approx April 2023 before lots of cars start to flow into the US market, don't know what that means to us in AUS

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
don't know what that means to us in AUS
It means the wait pushes on. I know we've heard Jan, Feb, March etc. but no one here actually believes it, im sure.

You know, it really bothers me that something that was so anticipated for so many has turned into this ongoing wait. I know there's a tonne of very valid reasons for it, but fuck me if they couldn't just hold off the release until the ducks were in a goddamn row. Why pursue this ready-fire-aim approach and open the brand to criticism in the first place.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Just saw a YouTube clip from Jordan Payne, he asked Nissan execs at SEMA, about the Z delays, apparently there is a fix for the manual transmission.
Approx April 2023 before lots of cars start to flow into the US market, don't know what that means to us in AUS
Well what do you know

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
It means the wait pushes on. I know we've heard Jan, Feb, March etc. but no one here actually believes it, im sure.

You know, it really bothers me that something that was so anticipated for so many has turned into this ongoing wait. I know there's a tonne of very valid reasons for it, but fuck me if they couldn't just hold off the release until the ducks were in a goddamn row. Why pursue this ready-fire-aim approach and open the brand to criticism in the first place.
Agree if I could find something I liked at a similar price I’d be out…but nearly everything is another 20k

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Right around the 4:30 mark or so -

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bus
Agree if I could find something I liked at a similar price I’d be out…but nearly everything is another 20k
That is very true. Whilst the price was higher then some expected, bang for buck is pretty damn good. Plus if you put the extra $20k in the Z it would be a seriously fast / well handling / unique good looking car...

Grug

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW Passat V6
Hi all. I’ve been watching this thread for a bit. Figured I should sign up now. Yesterday placed an order at a perth dealer (Osborne park) for a gun metallic manual. They are talking April - June. We shall see 🤞🏻

Although the Z ain’t perfect and although Nissan are hopeless at communicating, for me the important things are:

1. The car exists
2. It’s substantially cheaper than the Supra
3. The Mustang (even 2023) has an awful interior
4. How many more internal combustion rear wheel drive manual cars will there be!
5. It looks hot

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Hi all. I’ve been watching this thread for a bit. Figured I should sign up now. Yesterday placed an order at a perth dealer (Osborne park) for a gun metallic manual. They are talking April - June. We shall see 🤞🏻

Although the Z ain’t perfect and although Nissan are hopeless at communicating, for me the important things are:

1. The car exists
4. How many more internal combustion rear wheel drive manual cars will there be!
5. It looks hot
Welcome mate!

Saddle up - it's a pretty wild ride 🤣

(FWIW, your 5th point above is the reason I ordered and was happy to wait. Can do whatever you want to make this thing handle better or go harder, but can't do much about the canvas of an ugly ass car *cough*supra*cough*)

Reactions: Mud

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
Makes me wonder if I will get a recall on my Proto due to the 2nd gear grind??. So far I have not noticed this with 1k miles in it.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20

1. The car exists
5. It looks hot
Good luck…that’s my dealer…had an order in since March 2021