'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Other news on the grapevine today.
Z production to ramp up Jan Feb Mar.
Expected Coupe deliveries from Mar
March of what yea
Sub install in my proto is done.
Sounds MUCH better now... But...

The fucking artificial engine sounds...
Can't turn them off in system, and hoooooly shit it's loud now. Like unbearably loud.

I've got it sorted for the time being with an active crossover, but apparently Nissan dealerships can turn it off, so I'll be 100% doing that at my first service (now due)

Screenshot_20221105-140038.png
Have you thought about getting rid of all that foam blocking and other stuff taking up space under the floor, and then fitting a more traditional sub with cabinet? All that foam Nissan put there to make a higher level floor bothers me from a design and usefulness standpoint.

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Have you thought about getting rid of all that foam blocking and other stuff taking up space under the floor, and then fitting a more traditional sub with cabinet? All that foam Nissan put there to make a higher level floor bothers me from a design and usefulness standpoint.
That was my original plan, but I got this unit cheap and thought it worth a try.
For perspective, I paid $300 for the unit, but it would normally be around $850 installed.
A custom setup would easily run $3k if done right- there is a lot more to it than just the enclosure and parts. Balancing with the front stage becomes much harder.

This Kenwood unit is more than powerful enough for this car. If I was going to upgrade though, I probably would lower the floor height in the boot and mount sub enclosure on one side (single 10"). Putting any sort of speaker in the floor is going to cause the same boot capacity loss, if not more.

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
Plug and play or was there some "fun" for the set-up

Fontana

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Needing to rant a bit.
Super disappointed with Nissan dealerships here in NSW.
The one I have my Proto with have not once ever called me to update me with any info, Iā€™m always chasing them. Even with the current delays not a word has been said. Seeing as though thereā€™s a good chance my Proto hasnā€™t been manufactured yet Iā€™ve been trying to get in touch to try and change my auto to a manual like Iā€™ve been asking them to do for months. I have no faith that theyā€™ve even tried to ask Nissan if a change is possible. Anyways Iā€™ve called twice in the past week and conveniently the only person that can deal with my situation is never available and never calls back. I just feel like as a customer they donā€™t really care about me at all because these things sell to the next buyer in line. I was also supposed to receive a call when they got their demo, and had to find out through someone else that they received it almost a month ago. Very frustrating, if I didnā€™t have my GR Yaris Iā€™d be going insane right now. My interest for this car has never been lower and I blame the dealerships tbh.

Sam_AusZ32

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 JDM Fairlady Z32 TT, MT, 2+2
Wow, that's fucking nice!

It sucks to see another person bite the dust, but as has been said time and time again, this is an absolute epic fail and has certainly sapped any hype that was previously present for the vehicle.
@Ballast Scorcher
Thanks mate šŸ‘ she's a bewdy.

I agree; I simply can't get my head around this roll-out. On a positive note, I can't wait to see you all in your Z's (Brisbane fam, keep me in the loop for meets- if you'll still have me along lol) and I do still look forward to getting into my own in the future.
Maybe a Nismo, eh? šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bus
So, I pulled the pin on my order and went a different route šŸ˜šŸ˜‰ I'll be in a Z in the future, so will continue lurking lol.

QLD members- I'm now selling my personalised plates. HMU if you're interested!
16678059897474121570112588318898.jpg
Ha ha, you beat me to it.

I am not going to take delivery of the Z coupe either, so will probably sell the plates.

The Mustang turns up mid next year, so seems crazy to get the Z in Jan-Mar when I have the 10th anniversary BRZ arriving in Feb.

I still love the Z, but I am going to wait now for the Nismo version. By then it will have all the features that are missing due to chip shortages, and I'd rather get the factory modded car, then do the exhaust, intakes and tune on the coupe. :)

That is one very nice looking GTR btw...