First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Great choice, I ordered one as well about a month ago. Subaru HQ so far have been awesome to deal with, and I am very confident on the delivery schedule. :)
Out of interest I called local Subaru dealer also about BRZ, they seem to be a lot more switched on than Nissan, they seem to be able to see what cars have been allocated to them and the ship they are due on

BrokenZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mclaren, Megane RS300 Trophy, Navara Warrior
Great choice, I ordered one as well about a month ago. Subaru HQ so far have been awesome to deal with, and I am very confident on the delivery schedule. :)
Thats been my experience with Subaru head office also. Ordered about 7-8 weeks ago with ETA March 2023. In Nissans defence I ordered a 2021 Navara Warrior the same day I ordered the Nissan Z, and I received the Warrior in Dec 2021 so it was only 10 week wait. I was told by the dealer mid 2022 for the Z. The Hype for the Z is over for me, and without the hype a $44k BRZ with great handling, and rear seats is better car for me then a $81k Z 2 Seater. I know its different for most of you guys.

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
In Nissans defence I ordered a 2021 Navara Warrior the same day I ordered the Nissan Z, and I received the Warrior in Dec 2021 so it was only 10 week wait.
You're right, Nissan is normally pretty good at their standard models. I just think the Z fell between the gaps of their normal range and the GTR. It should have been handled more like the GTR, especially given limited volumes.

I am following the research on the HKS and Edelbrock supercharger kits for the BRZ/86, so if I do find I want a little more power I may go down that route. I have a preference for supercharging as you don't really loose the NA power delivery..

That said still haven't given up the Z dream just yet. Though the Dark Horse Mustang may be my long term keeper.

I am in a NextGen Ranger at the moment, where the attention to detail in the interior / electronics / useability is just next level good, and the Raptor with its near 300kw bi-turbo petrol V6 and Fox suspension setup is somewhat appealing as a do everything long term vehicle.....

Last edited:

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
Did we know Eagers Newstead (Brisbane) has a Boulder Grey inside.
Demo I assume.
I stopped in to see this yesterday arvo but it is gone now.
It was on loan from Ipswich.
Eagers Newstead Nissan think they'll have their demo in December

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
I am in a NextGen Ranger at the moment, where the attention to detail in the interior / electronics / useability is just next level good, and the Raptor with its near 300kw bi-turbo petrol V6 and Fox suspension setup is somewhat appealing as a do everything long term vehicle.....
I can resonate with this. My situation has (very) recently changed. I need a work vehicle ASAP. I'd glady but sadly swap my Z order for a gen4 Wildtrack/Raptor.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Sorry to hear - hope you're ok at least?
Sorry should have been clearer! New job, things are fantastic. Just priority is now transporting tools and equipment across the state. Hopefully I'll find a decent and affordable truck and have the Z for the weekends.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Sorry should have been clearer! New job, things are fantastic. Just priority is now transporting tools and equipment across the state. Hopefully I'll find a decent and affordable truck and have the Z for the weekends.
Ah, you're fine - congrats! Fingers crossed the plan works as hoped.

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
I can resonate with this. My situation has (very) recently changed. I need a work vehicle ASAP. I'd glady but sadly swap my Z order for a gen4 Wildtrack/Raptor.
I am so impressed with the ergonomics of the Ranger. Everything has been thought through.

One example is the location of the inside door handle. It's moved from the front of the door to the middle behind armrest. First time it feels weird, but then you realise it's actually where door handles were 30 years ago and should be again. Having them at the front just makes no sense to me anymore...

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
I am also of the understanding that there is no artificial engine noise? At least none I can hear.
There is definitely noise there, but I'm almost certain it's natural - though it's possible they have some sort of recirculation pipe/valve just behind the firewall to have it heard in the cabin.
Fake engine tones are definitely played through the speakers at higher revs but it's obviously done very well. You can hear it increase/decrease with sport/standard drive modes on the AT Zs. These synthetic tones are used as part of the Bose active noice cancellation system to reduce road/wind noise in the cabin.

Not a Nissan here but it works something like this:

‎

Further reading:
https://automotive.bose.com/technology-systems/active-sound-management

dangero

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C63 AMG, Lotus 7
Occupation
CIO
I got my deposit back last week, had ordered a manual proto and Nissan confirmed my order was the 13th in the country.

I had mentioned earlier there was bad news coming and white the delivery date info has mainly filtered out now the reason has not really been confirmed.

only going off what I was told so I cannot confirm if it is 100% correct but the cars that have not been delivered are to be crushed due to a manufacturing fault. This may have already happened or is happening. This has been compounded by chip shortages and the delays blown out further.

this makes me wonder if it was such a serious fault, the cars already delivered would be recalled so I question the validity of what I was told.

Regardless I would be surprised if any Z cars are delivered in 2023. Bit of a bummer the Z was going to be a keeper as a last hurrah for petrol for me. I ordered a Tesla in April this year and also have no ETA on that either.

If I had the space I would be buying a large cache of 1/2 hand affordable cars now and storing them for the next few years as an investment.

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Fucking hell. That's fairly dramatic, eh?

Might explain all this damned silence though. News like this, if accurate, would send an absolute shockwave through the customers with money down.