Hands Up all the Aussies

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Congrats, terrific news. Did they charge you for this package?
Nope...
I actually think they may have made a mistake... was talking to them about it, ummed and ahhed, but in the end decided to go with the products I know. I *think* they maybe just forgot to remove it from one iteration of the invoices they raised.
Either way, it's done and it looks good, and didn't cost me anything :)

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Agree I only used the rear wiper a few times when I had my 370z

Does the new Z have a rear fog light built into one of the rear tail lights
My husband has a 4WD and I never use the rear window washer when Iā€™m driving that

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Nope...
I actually think they may have made a mistake... was talking to them about it, ummed and ahhed, but in the end decided to go with the products I know. I *think* they maybe just forgot to remove it from one iteration of the invoices they raised.
Either way, it's done and it looks good, and didn't cost me anything :)
Congratulationsā€¦interesting about the numbers.
I think the least they can do when buying a ā€œlimited editionā€ is tell you how limited it is.

How do you feel about the yellow in the flesh?
I hope us coupe orders are not waiting until the new year for our cars.
Iā€™ve had enough.
I almost bought a Mercedes SLC200, but when I went to look at it the interior was not great, and if Iā€™m not getting the Z I want something that at least feels brand new. Plus if anything needed repairing the costs scared me a little šŸ¤£
So I guess Iā€™ll just keep waiting

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Congratulationsā€¦interesting about the numbers.
I think the least they can do when buying a ā€œlimited editionā€ is tell you how limited it is.

How do you feel about the yellow in the flesh?
I hope us coupe orders are not waiting until the new year for our cars.
Iā€™ve had enough.
I almost bought a Mercedes SLC200, but when I went to look at it the interior was not great, and if Iā€™m not getting the Z I want something that at least feels brand new. Plus if anything needed repairing the costs scared me a little šŸ¤£
So I guess Iā€™ll just keep waiting
Thanks!
I know it's been a hard, long wait for ya, so I appreciate the sentiment.

My dealer did give me a number - well two... they couldn't remember if it was 163 or 173 (I think.. now I can't remember!) but you get the idea.
They literally had to press Nissan AU for that. Like without burning any bridges, it was pretty obvious that they were frustrated with the lack of organisation from Nissan AU. At least they get to see these cars starting to make their way into customers hands though.

I highly, HIGHLY recommend waiting.
The yellow is dope AF in the flesh. It really pops in the most obnoxious but elegant way possible. I identify with one of those, I'll let you guess! :D

Hell, book a ticket to Brissy and come burn some rubber with me. I don't normally let people drive my cars/bikes, but I'd literally hand you the keys if it helped give you some hope!

Maybe a warning though... I'll post up some more pics tomorrow (I've got a yellow/black 'delivery day' outfit planned!) so if you don't want to see it, maybe avoid the forums here for about 24 hours!

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Thanks!
I know it's been a hard, long wait for ya, so I appreciate the sentiment.

My dealer did give me a number - well two... they couldn't remember if it was 163 or 173 (I think.. now I can't remember!) but you get the idea.
They literally had to press Nissan AU for that. Like without burning any bridges, it was pretty obvious that they were frustrated with the lack of organisation from Nissan AU. At least they get to see these cars starting to make their way into customers hands though.

I highly, HIGHLY recommend waiting.
The yellow is dope AF in the flesh. It really pops in the most obnoxious but elegant way possible. I identify with one of those, I'll let you guess! :D

Hell, book a ticket to Brissy and come burn some rubber with me. I don't normally let people drive my cars/bikes, but I'd literally hand you the keys if it helped give you some hope!

Maybe a warning though... I'll post up some more pics tomorrow (I've got a yellow/black 'delivery day' outfit planned!) so if you don't want to see it, maybe avoid the forums here for about 24 hours!
I appreciate thatā€¦thanks.
I really was very close to biting the bullet. But my son saidā€¦ā€ mum youā€™ll buy that and the next week your Z will arrive and youā€™ll be upsetā€
And that would be just my luck, so Iā€™m sticking it out.

Yeah I feel for the dealersā€¦they are in the dark like us.
I am waiting in my case manager from Nissan Aus to get back to meā€¦they said 24-48hours. Be interesting if they actually do bother to contact me back

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
I think you'll really like it when you see it. I can't wait to see it in full sunlight. Bit overcast in Brissy today (most of the east actually...). It would suck to get something different, then see one of these drive past you in a couple of months time. It'll certainly stand out a mile away.

I have to say, one thing that I didn't like about it was the interior/map lights. Super bright, but they looked like very crappy halogen bulbs, and they were angled directly at my face. Might look at swapping them out with a little LED or something.

Actually that reminds me... I ordered a garage door switch for the centre console that hasn't turned up yet..

Waiiiiit a minute... Do AU cars get Nissan Homelink?!?

Last edited:

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
No ideaā€¦probably not knowing Nissan Aus
omg... doesn't look like we do!
1664967345406.png

WTactualF?
Feels like Nissan really screws over AU. I remember when the new Patrol first launched it didn't get the halfway decent infotainment that was seen in the overseas model. Now the Z gets the 8" infotainment and budget rear view mirror!

scammed.

khoi242

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F Type
I have to say, one thing that I didn't like about it was the interior/map lights. Super bright, but they looked like very crappy halogen bulbs, and they were angled directly at my face. Might look at swapping them out with a little LED or something.

370z had the same problem. I swapped them out for some white LEDs and it was way too bright.

Ambient lighting hasn't always been Nissan's strong point..

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
I saw them again this morning. They look amazing

Actually that reminds me... I ordered a garage door switch for the centre console that hasn't turned up yet..
Looking forward to seeing this in the new Z.
You'll need to get a replacement LED for the backlight too! (assuming white now?)

Waiiiiit a minute... Do AU cars get Nissan Homelink?!?
nope, I tried getting one of these for my Jeep and 370
all our garage doors have crazy different (more secure) frequencies and encoding

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
I saw them again this morning. They look amazing

Looking forward to seeing this in the new Z.
You'll need to get a replacement LED for the backlight too! (assuming white now?)

nope, I tried getting one of these for my Jeep and 370
all our garage doors have crazy different (more secure) frequencies and encoding
Can't remember the name of the company I ordered the switch off... it was only like $25 or something. Annoying they haven't sent it.

I checked our garage door unit at home and it's the same frequency (433 if memory serves?). I guess it's just a blanket AU thing though.
I notice that other brands have them though. #sadface. I'll ask the dealer when I see them today.

Speaking of dealer today... my outfit is coming together!
(Z socks on, and Fairlady Z shirt on too)

1665009690627.png