Hands Up all the Aussies

Crowl27

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai Elantra SR
I went and looked at the demo again yesterday. And the late holder is flimsy AF. It wiggled around easily.
Might be better just removing the holder and fitting flush to the grill?
This was my thought too, went out to look at the Boulder Grey at Ipswich. The plate holder feels like with just a good pull, it would come right off. You’re probably right, a direct fit might work. I just want that beautiful grille opened up. I know everyone has given it a bit of shit but in person it’s actually gorgeous.

Sam_AusZ32

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 JDM Fairlady Z32 TT, MT, 2+2
Thanks! Yeah I’ve been looking over the front. The only thing to look out for is the sensor for radar cruise control. There’s a parking sensor to the side by easily avoided. Do you like the size of the plate?
I originally bought JDM plates to fit the rear bar of my 300ZX- it's a Japanese grey import so has a narrow rear plate recess. Fitting normal QLD plates requires either bending or cutting the ends of the plates 😅 so JDM plates were an easy choice.

Like you, I think the front looks great in person and don't want to hide the facia behind the bulky plate frame. I think the JDM plate size/shape will work well on this car👌

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Which dealer? I just want to have a look, not really fussed about sitting in it.
Very close to city/CBD/valley.

They should have it there Wednesday/Thursday. I can confirm all the details via DM if you like!
(Just don't want to flood the dealership with unsolicited enquiries etc)

Crowl27

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai Elantra SR
Very close to city/CBD/valley.

They should have it there Wednesday/Thursday. I can confirm all the details via DM if you like!
(Just don't want to flood the dealership with unsolicited enquiries etc)
Yeah dude, that particular dealer told me that was arriving last week and he'd be calling people for a look before the owner takes it...

Crowl27

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai Elantra SR
I originally bought JDM plates to fit the rear bar of my 300ZX- it's a Japanese grey import so has a narrow rear plate recess. Fitting normal QLD plates requires either bending or cutting the ends of the plates 😅 so JDM plates were an easy choice.

Like you, I think the front looks great in person and don't want to hide the facia behind the bulky plate frame. I think the JDM plate size/shape will work well on this car👌
You've sold me. We'll definitely have to roll them together (even though I'm a damn year out!)

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Yeah dude, that particular dealer told me that was arriving last week and he'd be calling people for a look before the owner takes it...
Could be another one? There are supposedly 2 protos coming to my dealership.
I've seen the transport booking saying mine is only leaving Nissan Australia's control on Tuesday. It'll arrive into the dealership, but their own pre-delivery facility which is basically next door.

Unless they meant arriving THIS week coming?
I had told them they are welcome to show it to people - Planning on leaving there for a while anyway. Don't want people sitting in it until the protection all cures though. And after that, would prefer only people who are genuine enthusiasts, not just any looky-loo off the street.