Hands Up all the Aussies

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
"potential customer satisfaction issue" = notchy gearbox ?

1665011679845.png

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
"potential customer satisfaction issue" = notchy gearbox ?

1665011679845.png
Just edited my post, there is someone on Facebook now saying the post was fake..at this stage who the heck knows whatā€™s going on ā€¦not like we have them to worry about

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
So Subaru just rang me and let me know that I am one of the 1st 150 to order the 10th Anniversary BRZ, so it's locked in. It's scheduled for build in December and delivery in February. They also set some realistic expectations around details and possible changes. :)

I said it before in a previous post, I am a fan of how Subaru has handled the BRZ rollout knowing the limited stock challenges. They only accepted 1000 pre-orders on the first release and have followed a similar strategy for the 10th anniversary model.

I've been quiet lately on the Z, however very disappointed that coupes that should have gone to customers have been allocated as Demo's... They should have been considered limited release and handled as such until they had a reasonable supply chain.

2023-Subaru-BRZ-10th-Anniversary-Edition.jpeg

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Just edited my post, there is someone on Facebook now saying the post was fake..at this stage who the heck knows whatā€™s going on ā€¦not like we have them to worry about
Only customer safisfaction issue is lack of communication and cars

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
So Subaru just rang me and let me know that I am one of the 1st 150 to order the 10th Anniversary BRZ, so it's locked in. It's scheduled for build in December and delivery in February. They also set some realistic expectations around details and possible changes. :)

I said it before in a previous post, I am a fan of how Subaru has handled the BRZ rollout knowing the limited stock challenges. They only accepted 1000 pre-orders on the first release and have followed a similar strategy for the 10th anniversary model.

I've been quiet lately on the Z, however very disappointed that coupes that should have gone to customers have been allocated as Demo's... They should have been considered limited release and handled as such until they had a reasonable supply chain.

2023-Subaru-BRZ-10th-Anniversary-Edition.jpeg
Have seen both the Toyota and BRZ in the flesh and it is a very good looking car, if I cancelled the Z one of these would be very temping

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
Have seen both the Toyota and BRZ in the flesh and it is a very good looking car, if I cancelled the Z one of these would be very temping
Agree, I really like the restyle. Plus it's a 2+2, albeit in theory so has some added practicality.

At sub $50k, adding a HKS supercharger kit would add more than enough performance and still be a fair bit cheaper then the Z. And at only 1250kg's it should already be a lot of fun to drive. :)

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
I appreciate thatā€¦thanks.
I really was very close to biting the bullet. But my son saidā€¦ā€ mum youā€™ll buy that and the next week your Z will arrive and youā€™ll be upsetā€
And that would be just my luck, so Iā€™m sticking it out.

Yeah I feel for the dealersā€¦they are in the dark like us.
I am waiting in my case manager from Nissan Aus to get back to meā€¦they said 24-48hours. Be interesting if they actually do bother to contact me back
I just called Nissan Customer service and asked as I have two orders at different dealers would they see this and contact me to see if I really wanted two cars and should I cancel the later order and free up an allocation.
The answer was that the second order may come before the first, and it was up to me to cancel one order if I wanted too. As far as they are concerned I will get 2 cars allocated.
Based on that I'll keep both orders live and see who gets a car first maybe I should buy the 2 of them. Maybe a small profit to be made.

Brissiez

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tesla
Just had a looked at the Proto at Newstead. Yellow looks great, and the car is beautiful! Anyone seen a blue or a grey one around Brisbane? Keen to check out those two colours.

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
So my dealer just called me and essentially offered me an auto Proto. I said I was pretty set on manual (which he also said he'd do his best to try and get me somehow?) but now I'm having second thoughts about the auto...who knows when the coupe will be here, a proto is a proto and also my wife could drive it...

There must have been quite a few orders that have pulled the plug for this to happen.

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
I've researched the tint and ceramic coating extensively.
I actually love Rayno window films - have used S7 and S9 in the past, and they are just awesome. Had the opportunity to see them side by side with both untinted and cheap tinted cars, and the heat difference was huge.

I used a place at East Brisbane for that previously, but their ceramic coating is Opticoat... it's not terrible, but I am a huge fan of Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra (the 10H version), and this place at Eagle Farm does both the coat and tint I want. :)
Have you thought about getting the ceramic coat on your wheels and brake calipers, seems to be the norm on a lot of videos I've seen on YouTube.

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
So my dealer just called me and essentially offered me an auto Proto. I said I was pretty set on manual (which he also said he'd do his best to try and get me somehow?) but now I'm having second thoughts about the auto...who knows when the coupe will be here, a proto is a proto and also my wife could drive it...

There must have been quite a few orders that have pulled the plug for this to happen.
Its good that Australia's largest volume dealer has contacted you with an offer a Proto, shows us that dealers are trying to get cars out

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
How the fuck can I still not know what the status of my fucking vehicle is?

I mean for Christ's sake, I don't even know if it's out of bloody production yet let alone on the fucking water.

The coupes are forever away at this point, i reckon. Furthermore, i Can't believe nissan global announced the nismo with an expected arrival of mid 23.

It's all just lies.

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
How the fuck can I still not know what the status of my fucking vehicle is?

I mean for Christ's sake, I don't even know if it's out of bloody production yet let alone on the fucking water.

The coupes are forever away at this point, i reckon. Furthermore, i Can't believe nissan global announced the nismo with an expected arrival of mid 23.

It's all just lies.
I've been thinking I might have my Coupe by Christmas but that is looking more and more less likely.
Maybe Easter 2023?

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
I've been thinking I might have my Coupe by Christmas but that is looking more and more less likely.
Maybe Easter 2023?
Mate, im flat out believing my fucking proto will be here by then. Reading between the lines, I reckon there's Buckley's chance of coupes hitting the black top.

Just the nerve to throw the damn nismo down with that kinda date when we've been here since the dawn of fucking time is testament to the cheek of these fuckers.