Hands Up all the Aussies

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
So was busy working when I miss a phone call. Imagine my surprise when I have a message to call Nissan Head office case worker back.

So I do so. She asks me for a FOD number which I can only assume is a number given to a future order once it’s on its way…they seemed oblivious to the fact that people who have ordered Coupes have no such number, because none of the cars are on their way.
So anyway…she goes give me 10 minutes I’ll call the dealer and get it from them…and for a split second I think…this is it, I’m going to get an estimated date of delivery and the dealer just obviously hasn’t shared the information…silly me.

Ten minutes later the chick from head office calls back, says to me, I’ve spoken to the manager at Osborne Park and he is going to contact you directly with the information, and please keep your phone line clear because he will contact you within the next hour
Great! I’m excited, can’t wait…won’t use my phone for fear of missing him.

Sure enough dealer calls me,
Just phoned to say there is still no news, there have been no coupe allocations given to us, and our shipment manager says they haven’t been informed of any allocation yet, but you are at the top of the list and I will keep you updated
Now I take five minutes to tell my dealer …I’m not angry at you guys I know you want the cars so you can get your commission, he agrees. I tell him the reason I contacted head office was the hope that they would have more information than he did, not for them to contact him and get them to call me because I already know they don’t have any information, and I have no ill feeling towards them.
He pretty much agrees that it’s very frustrating. I ask will we see them by the end of the year and he says, I hope so…I'm literally banking on it, but at this stage I can’t promise because we know as much as you.

What is the heck is wrong with head office?
Do they not know what’s going on?
Do they not care their dealers are having to deal with unhappy customers everyday?
And why in the heck would they think anyone knows when the cars are coming much less the dealers if head office doesn't know?

It’s simply unbelievable that a company this size is conducting itself in this manor, I wouldn’t be surprised if some dealerships go broke waiting on shipments …not to mention the loss of sales when people give up and buy elsewhere

It’s clear that Nissan released a handful of Protos and some demos just so they could say they met the “mid year” delivery as promised…but ethically they have not met said deadline and continue to fail to deliver cars, but more importantly no information

I am in a bit of shock to be honest

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
So was busy working when I miss a phone call. Imagine my surprise when I have a message to call Nissan Head office case worker back.

So I do so. She asks me for a FOD number which I can only assume is a number given to a future order once it’s on its way…they seemed oblivious to the fact that people who have ordered Coupes have no such number, because none of the cars are on their way.
So anyway…she goes give me 10 minutes I’ll call the dealer and get it from them…and for a split second I think…this is it, I’m going to get an estimated date of delivery and the dealer just obviously hasn’t shared the information…silly me.

Ten minutes later the chick from head office calls back, says to me, I’ve spoken to the manager at Osborne Park and he is going to contact you directly with the information, and please keep your phone line clear because he will contact you within the next hour
Great! I’m excited, can’t wait…won’t use my phone for fear of missing him.

Sure enough dealer calls me,
Just phoned to say there is still no news, there have been no coupe allocations given to us, and our shipment manager says they haven’t been informed of any allocation yet, but you are at the top of the list and I will keep you updated
Now I take five minutes to tell my dealer …I’m not angry at you guys I know you want the cars so you can get your commission, he agrees. I tell him the reason I contacted head office was the hope that they would have more information than he did, not for them to contact him and get them to call me because I already know they don’t have any information, and I have no ill feeling towards them.
He pretty much agrees that it’s very frustrating. I ask will we see them by the end of the year and he says, I hope so…I'm literally banking on it, but at this stage I can’t promise because we know as much as you.

What is the heck is wrong with head office?
Do they not know what’s going on?
Do they not care their dealers are having to deal with unhappy customers everyday?
And why in the heck would they think anyone knows when the cars are coming much less the dealers if head office doesn't know?

It’s simply unbelievable that a company this size is conducting itself in this manor, I wouldn’t be surprised if some dealerships go broke waiting on shipments …not to mention the loss of sales when people give up and buy elsewhere

It’s clear that Nissan released a handful of Protos and some demos just so they could say they met the “mid year” delivery as promised…but ethically they have not met said deadline and continue to fail to deliver cars, but more importantly no information

I am in a bit of shock to be honest
You are totally correct, head office in Melbourne are pathetic, as you said you cannot get any new news from you dealer so you think I'll try my luck at ringing head office who then refer you back to the dealer that they have given no information to. We the customers just get the runaround and go around in a circle of no information, perhaps we need to talk to someone higher in the food chain at Nissan

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
You are totally correct, head office in Melbourne are pathetic, as you said you cannot get any new news from you dealer so you think I'll try my luck at ringing head office who then refer you back to the dealer that they have given no information to. We the customers just get the runaround and go around in a circle of no information, perhaps we need to talk to someone higher in the food chain at Nissan
Agree, but good luck doing that.
That’s the one thing they seem to be good at, hiding higher management and their contact details

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Agree, but good luck doing that.
That’s the one thing they seem to be good at, hiding higher management and their contact details
Your right I see even on Nissan Facebook page people ask a direct question and the reply is, you guessed it, contact your dealer for more information

Crowl27

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai Elantra SR
Just had a looked at the Proto at Newstead. Yellow looks great, and the car is beautiful! Anyone seen a blue or a grey one around Brisbane? Keen to check out those two colours.
Grey out at Ipswich mate

whopacha

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 3 sp25
Occupation
Business improvement analyst
Well I got an email today that opened with the sentence: "Just a quick update on your Nissan Pathfinder"

Ummmm, at least get the car right?

They also asked me for documents that I had already sent them previously.

No new info at all. :(

I asked a bunch of questions but haven't got a reply at all yet.

Pretty useless.

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Quick updates on my experience with the proto so far:

*drive continues to be smooooth. I'm loving it! Still no shifting issues, and power still coming on thick and with good feedback.

* I'm loving the light steering. Was expecting not to like it after reviews, but it turns in very quick and while there is not a huge amount of feedback/resistance, but it is very compliant - does everything you ask if it.

* Only one rear reverse light? There are more clear bulbs on the driver side, but no idea what the are for or how to get them on?

* Stereo is garbage. Absolute garbage. Sub is not worth the kilo or so of weight it adds to the rear. Literally, I'm not kidding. I've ripped it out and am about to fit a replacement.

PXL_20221008_040818407.jpg

Sam_AusZ32

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 JDM Fairlady Z32 TT, MT, 2+2
Quick updates on my experience with the proto so far:

*drive continues to be smooooth. I'm loving it! Still no shifting issues, and power still coming on thick and with good feedback.

* I'm loving the light steering. Was expecting not to like it after reviews, but it turns in very quick and while there is not a huge amount of feedback/resistance, but it is very compliant - does everything you ask if it.

* Only one rear reverse light? There are more clear bulbs on the driver side, but no idea what the are for or how to get them on?

* Stereo is garbage. Absolute garbage. Sub is not worth the kilo or so of weight it adds to the rear. Literally, I'm not kidding. I've ripped it out and am about to fit a replacement.

PXL_20221008_040818407.jpg
Most Japanese vehicles made for the Australian market have one reverse light, with the other being a rear fog light.

Enjoying reading about your experience so far :) thanks for sharing!

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Most Japanese vehicles made for the Australian market have one reverse light, with the other being a rear fog light.

Enjoying reading about your experience so far :) thanks for sharing!
Ahh! Thanks for that, I had that thought, but can't find a button or switch for fog lights?

Thanks for the feedback too, I'm happy to keep posting :)
I might have a slightly different appetite and list of priorities to other Z enthusiasts though- so take it with a grain of salt!

Sam_AusZ32

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 JDM Fairlady Z32 TT, MT, 2+2
Ahh! Thanks for that, I had that thought, but can't find a button or switch for fog lights?

Thanks for the feedback too, I'm happy to keep posting :)
I might have a slightly different appetite and list of priorities to other Z enthusiasts though- so take it with a grain of salt!
Best thing to do is refer to your owners manual, you'd be surprised the amount of info in there 😉

I'm living vicariously through your posts LOL. Feel free to keep writing about it!

khoi242

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F Type
Curious to see what you're thinking of e upgrading the sound? I don't suspect it's a "plug and play" replacement for the sub etc.

Also, are the speakers that bad? Any chance you're able to compare to the 370z? or any other car for a bench mark?

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Also, are the speakers that bad? Any chance you're able to compare to the 370z? or any other car for a bench mark?
If it’s any consolation, I listened to a range of music (and ABC news) for an hour on my test drive. Aside from being a fairly quiet system it sounded just fine by my ears. The Bose ANC seemed to mitigate road noise well, altering anything would likely disable this.

*edit this is coming from someone running a 1200W amplifier under the passenger seat of current car.

Last edited:

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
If it’s any consolation, I listened to a range of music (and ABC news) for an hour on my test drive. Aside from being a fairly quiet system it sounded just fine by my ears. The Bose ANC seemed to mitigate road noise well, altering anything would likely disable this.

*edit this is coming from someone running a 1200W amplifier under the passenger seat of current car.
The stereo thing is the first thing I e heard that really bothers me. I currently drive an Audi A5 sportback (3L supercharged version) and the factory sound system is awesome.