Hands Up all the Aussies

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
I go away for a few days and 5 pages of updates to read... ha ha ha. I think we will see the price of the Proto's continue to rise. I know a few people who use cars for Superannuation through SMSF's. They just sit in dry storage, you can't drive or have use of them, however are far out performing some of their investments. e.g. one of the last HSV GTO Coupes.

I am a Z enthusiast and owned a 260Z coupe, the two seater version, so I'll drive mine until the Dark Horse turns up and after comparing them decide which to keep long term. I've got an SMSF, so if I am loving the Z, might put the Dark Horse in storage until I retire. ha ha. ;)

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
what is the possibilities that these protos were purchased by dealers families are friends knowing that they could make a buck?

it happens over here in the good old usa. they will take a car and buy it at msrp then turn around round and sell it for way more.

dangero

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C63 AMG, Lotus 7
Occupation
CIO
I went to have a look today and I am impressed. No regrets at all.

boulder grey looks amazing. The proportions are perfect and as others have said they look so much better in real life.

suspension is quite soft but steering brakes and power delivery are all great.

Acceleration was better than expected. Bucket loads of torque.
Apparently my car is on the water and should be delivered mid next month.

B645B861-77EB-4F5E-A307-8D8A2BF537F5.jpeg

350F2ACF-9EF2-4AA4-B92F-7DB6E5A556DE.jpeg

F315CF5C-1BDF-44C0-8765-218207D3DC0B.jpeg

7D846977-F713-4C60-A9F6-6B56291B2BA3.jpeg

dangero

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C63 AMG, Lotus 7
Occupation
CIO
Also forgot to mention, the car steps out very easily. For those that have not owned a car with a mechanical LSD it could end it tears. I predict there will be a few of these that end up wrapped around posts. Having said that it’s what a sports car should drive like

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
what is the possibilities that these protos were purchased by dealers families are friends knowing that they could make a buck?

it happens over here in the good old usa. they will take a car and buy it at msrp then turn around round and sell it for way more.
Your starting to sound like me….how cynical 🤣🤣🤣
But yeah, wouldn’t surprise me

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Looks like they forgot the top coat? Or do people get this colour so it's easy to repaint? :p

It does remind me of what the rust repair patches looked like when I was younger. :D
I actually like it…not my favourite, but much nicer than I expected.
I actually like this car in almost any colour.
I don’t want black coz it’s a nightmare for upkeep, and I don’t want silver because I’ve had lots of silver cars and it’s a bit boring now ….but any other colour I would take quite happily

It’s a pretty subjective thing to

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Looks like they forgot the top coat? Or do people get this colour so it's easy to repaint? :p

It does remind me of what the rust repair patches looked like when I was younger. :D
primer gray is the best gray!

Fontana

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Just had my mate try and get his refundable deposit back from a dealer as he can no longer purchase the Z because it’s taken way longer than expected and needs another car. They told him you can’t get your money back until the car is available as the agreement was subject to viewing or something. Even though he said he 100% isn’t getting the car they still told him no, is this right?

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
Just had my mate try and get his refundable deposit back from a dealer as he can no longer purchase the Z because it’s taken way longer than expected and needs another car. They told him you can’t get your money back until the car is available as the agreement was subject to viewing or something. Even though he said he 100% isn’t getting the car they still told him no, is this right?
It probably is, but still a dick move by the dealer.
Pretty much ensures he'll never buy a car from them ever

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
No it’s not right….how long has he had the contract for. If more than three months it’s no longer legal because the dealer has failed to keep their end of the deal up, a refund must be given.

There are many people who have already asked and received one

Fontana

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Occupation
Delivery Driver
The deposit was left in March I believe, but an “updated” contract was signed in July so I guess that’s the loophole. Definitely will tell everyone to avoid that dealer though, pretty scummy move and only for a $500 deposit.

Crowl27

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai Elantra SR
Test drive done in the AT today at Wynnum, took it for about an hour and a bit. Down to Carindale along the highway, hummed along quietly at 100 but this thing wants to do more, it's just so ready to go. Took me about 30 minutes to get used to the seats, lack of rear windows, typical 2 door stuff (coming from a 4 door), after that, I was comfortable.

Went back up to the Esplanade for a cruise, had a few heads turned. Went back to Port of Brisbane after that to the back streets and and put the foot down in the quieter areas. Didn't use launch control (couldn't remember how it works! and didn't want to waste time looking it up). but from a standstill and phone stopwatch in Sport mode...4.2ish seconds for 0-100 (+/-.1). Went round a roundabout and decided to power out, the car happily went sideways. From a dude who has really only owned FW and AWD, I thought when it happened I might freak out a bit. Nah, I was very comfortable getting it straight again, and I even wanted to do it again at that point. It sounds great accelerating and very relaxed when cruising.

I've now tested the:
Supra (AT) - looks way too boy racer for me, I can't get past aesthetics on it, despite every YouTube channel screaming at me about how amazing it is (looking at you Throttle House)
M240i (AT) - price tag of $105k before options and the car basically looked after itself. No tail happiness, no excitement. very refined though but the weird patterns on materials inside also didn't do it for me
RS3 (AT) - again, expensive. Just not my thing and I've done Euros a few times now. Really keen for a first JDM.

The Z is for me entering my 30s who needs a cruiser with power but doesn't want to be looked at by every cop I drive past. This thing is a beast.

Back to Wynnum, deposit of $1000 for the boulder grey (pending). I love a manual but I work in the city and traffic is not the friend of manual transmission, or my left leg on the clutch. I will definitely test drive a manual when they arrive though, for the experience of it all.

IMG_7589.JPG

Last edited: