Hands Up all the Aussies

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
Being there is a media embargo till 7pm on the 1st, Corp won't be saying anything prior to then. and won't be allowed to.

2.5 weeks to find out.

Beard

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'22 Proto Z
Occupation
IT
@Beard ā€¦Iā€™m just gonna say what everyone is thinking, and really hope you donā€™t take it the wrong way.
But are you sure your dealer knows what they are talking about and you have a car allocated.
With all the other guys getting official emails it seems really suss, Iā€™m guessing that Nissan has finally completed allocating the Protos and emailed everyone at the same timeā€¦the guys who got the emails are in different states with different dealers, it would be really random if they are not sending out the same email to all successful Proto orders at the same time .
I hope Iā€™m wrong ā€¦really I do, but something just feels off
I'm just here to report my findings to the group, believe me or not. I have an email from Nissan, time stamp is visible.
I'm clueless and hopeful the dealer's date is wrong, but he was also frustrated at the lack off info from HQ. We are only human and Nissan are tight lip atm. I'm just gonna pretend it doesn't exist until it does.

protoz_email.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mud
OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I'm just here to report my findings to the group, believe me or not. I have an email from Nissan, time stamp is visible.
I'm clueless and hopeful the dealer's date is wrong, but he was also frustrated at the lack off info from HQ. We are only human and Nissan are tight lip atm. I'm just gonna pretend it doesn't exist until it does.

View attachment 11022
See this was what I was afraid offā€¦you took it the wrong way.
It wasnā€™t a matter of believing you, it was a matter of it sounding suss, especially as you did not say you received an email like everyone else.
As you have, then itā€™s confirmation to your order, which is fantasticā€¦congratulations.

As to the build date. Hope you are not waiting that long, because as I said ā€¦what would that mean for us Coupe orders?

Beard

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'22 Proto Z
Occupation
IT
See this was what I was afraid offā€¦you took it the wrong way.
Yes, sorry I have taken it the wrong way (yay text messages).
I am just frustrated with this whole thing too.

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Hey, @Fontana, how'd ya email go mate? Get anything back regarding the 6spd ?

Also, @West Aussie, any idea what ships are due into Freo in the next three - four weeks? I'm unfamiliar with the means you guys use to pinpoint ships, or indeed how early you can gain access to its timetable or what have you.

With hearing about the Amethyst Ace floating around, I wonder how that ships timeframe works with a possible sister ship heading this way.

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
@Ballast Scorcher no reply unsurprisingly, Iā€™m not holding my breath thatā€™s for sure. I did order some new plates though, surprised they werenā€™t taken already:
Fair call mate - and good plates. If shit goes wrong, I'm sure you could sell them - that was my own thinking anyhow!

When did you place your coin down mate ?

Fontana

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Fair call mate - and good plates. If shit goes wrong, I'm sure you could sell them - that was my own thinking anyhow!

When did you place your coin down mate ?
Yeah that was my thought to.

I put mine down at the start of October. I wouldā€™ve been even earlier in September as soon as the Z launch was released online but the first dealer I called had no idea and couldnā€™t put me on any list. I just assumed nothing could be done, but called another dealer in October and they were taking names. A little bummed out, this was my first time ordering a new car and it wouldā€™ve been nice to know the right dealers to go to from the start to secure what I wanted. Oh well lesson learnt for the Nismo, I know who to go to now.

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Yeah that was my thought to.

I put mine down at the start of October. I wouldā€™ve been even earlier in September as soon as the Z launch was released online but the first dealer I called had no idea and couldnā€™t put me on any list. I just assumed nothing could be done, but called another dealer in October and they were taking names. A little bummed out, this was my first time ordering a new car and it wouldā€™ve been nice to know the right dealers to go to from the start to secure what I wanted. Oh well lesson learnt for the Nismo, I know who to go to now.
Yeah mate, we were within a handful of days of each other.

I'm hearing ya regarding the dealer used mate. I'd only been in WA 2 years at the time of order and having to go through a Perth based dealer as the Nissan Goldfields in Kalgoorlie had shut shop and I'd only been to Perth a small handful of times was pretty full-on.

No shit, I googled the biggest nissan dealerships in perth and selected the result closest to the highway heading East out of Perth. How's that for a full rookie move? šŸ˜

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Hey, @Fontana, how'd ya email go mate? Get anything back regarding the 6spd ?

Also, @West Aussie, any idea what ships are due into Freo in the next three - four weeks? I'm unfamiliar with the means you guys use to pinpoint ships, or indeed how early you can gain access to its timetable or what have you.

With hearing about the Amethyst Ace floating around, I wonder how that ships timeframe works with a possible sister ship heading this way.
I just go to
https://www3.fremantleports.com.au/VTMIS/dashb.ashx?db=fmp.public&btn=ExpectedMovements

It lists all ships but only till the end of the monthā€¦only ā€œAceā€ looking to port is the ā€œliberty Ace ā€œ

You can then click on the ship for more infoā€¦or google the ships movements

Arjaze

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z ( deposit paid) , MGB GT, Colorado
Occupation
Self employed
No real news, but I just received an email directly from Nissan and copied into my dealer confirming my proto allocation. For those that have not seen the letter I have attached it below.

I was told by my dealer that the car I ordered was in the country and it is likely only a few weeks away.
nissan order111.jpg

Nice to have something official from Nissan as I have only had dealer confirmation till this date.

Has everyone else received an email such as this for those that have confirmed proto allocations?
Yes, I received the email today confirming the allocation of a manual PROTO.
No delivery date, just an order number.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Yes, I received the email today confirming the allocation of a manual PROTO.
No delivery date, just an order number.
So whatā€™s thatā€¦5 in here alone that have Protos allocated.
It for sure sounds like they have now been finalised and everyone has been contacted who procured one
I really am hoping that means from tomorrow they start work on the coupes and Iā€™ll be getting a call soon

Last edited:

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bus
I can confirm that there are Proto's being built in December with February 2023 delivery dates. Maybe Nissan has decided to release 240 to every market, or perhaps only half of the allocation coming in August. Very strange development indeed, and sure to annoy those who wanted stick shift and didn't get it...

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
I can confirm that there are Proto's being built in December with February 2023 delivery dates. Maybe Nissan has decided to release 240 to every market, or perhaps only half of the allocation coming in August. Very strange development indeed, and sure to annoy those who wanted stick shift and didn't get it...
So it's safe to assume that we're looking at Coupe deliveries well before all Protos have arrived?