Hands Up all the Aussies

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
So I’m with Sam.
Hell even worse as I’m 15+ months out from mine.

I followed this from the release as was hoping to test drive prior to buying. But but bullet when issues with mini. (again)

I think the waiting is part of the excitement. Plus parts will be on markets so I can start shopping.

and grabbed the Lexus for a cheap daily to tide me over. That said falling in love with the ride of it so might end up throwing on club reg for an extra car. (As having 7 right now with an 8th on order is such a great move)

and end of day it came down to 2 cars.
The Z my heart wanted.
or it was going to be a polestar 2 that one the brain wanted.

rs3. It’s way too much money to spend on a golf.

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
rs3. It’s way too much money to spend on a golf.
Very true, and if you look at the real world 0-60 test times of the Mk8 Golf R, why would you spend the extra for the Audi badge?

But then I am slightly biased. ha ha.

Now if VW did another R32, maybe with a factory supercharger, I'd be on that... :)

Reactions: Mud

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
Unsure if y’all are following what’s happening stateside, but dealerships across the US that are receiving Proto Spec as first wave have been contacting interested parties. They have VINs, and I believe I’ve seen timing of end of August into September. No mention of Sport/Performance.

https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/t...d-2-yellow-proto-manual-and-auto-are-in.1335/

I have to imagine it’s similar, timeline-wise, down under. Fingers are crossed.
You are correct . I just got word my proto spec is due in Mid september
With a 8/22 build. See Vin.

BBB3D0AA-B039-44DF-B149-4B36385F8E7A.jpeg

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Nice. Hopefully I can expect an update soon myself...mid September would be perfect aswell should they keep to that time frame

Fontana

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Occupation
Delivery Driver
You are correct . I just got word my proto spec is due in Mid september
With a 8/22 build. See Vin.

BBB3D0AA-B039-44DF-B149-4B36385F8E7A.jpeg
When did you put your deposit down and what state if you don’t mind me asking?

Beard

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'22 Proto Z
Occupation
IT
Had a call from my dealer today, head office was in touch with him. He said to expect a call from Nissan themselves with "more details" and maybe a VIN, by end of week. Will take 1 week on boat then compliance etc so he gave me an ETA of one month.

Proto Manual preordered Oct 2021. SEQLD.

I'm holding my excitement untill I see VIN numbers 😏

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Had a call from my dealer today, head office was in touch with him. He said to expect a call from Nissan themselves with "more details" and maybe a VIN, by end of week. Will take 1 week on boat then compliance etc so he gave me an ETA of one month.

Proto Manual preordered Oct 2021. SEQLD.

I'm holding my excitement untill I see VIN numbers 😏
Good news for those who ordered Protos …but not for the majority

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
September 1st huh. It's getting close now!

I'm flying back into Perth on the 14th of September. I wonder if all this shit will be sorted out by then and I can collect it at that point.

In other news, swung my dealer an email today and radio silence has been my response thus far. It's pretty awesome.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
September 1st huh. It's getting close now!

I'm flying back into Perth on the 14th of September. I wonder if all this shit will be sorted out by then and I can collect it at that point.

In other news, swung my dealer an email today and radio silence has been my response thus far. It's pretty awesome.
I went into mine to ask for my deposit back….they say delivery for the coupes as far as they know is now October or November ( they don’t have any Protos ordered apparently)
This is my issue…October/November will turn into Dec/Jan.

I really want the Z but this is pissing me off, but they did manage to convince me to stay on the list. I’m really not sure I’ve done the right thing

Last edited:

whopacha

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 3 sp25
Occupation
Business improvement analyst
If you really want it and you've waited this long so far, might as well hold out for another few months. Every other car is gunna have wait times too. I got friends waiting on Kia sportage's. Ones waited 6 months already and the other I think might have been told 12 months?

Email from my dealer today: (Victoria)

Just to keep you posted that still no ETA as yet on when the test drive Z will be here. As soon as I hear anything in the coming weeks I be in touch so we can book you in for the test drive.

Cannot wait also to get the Z.

Also no VIN and Engine number just yet I got it to you as soon as I get it.

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
I went into mine to ask for my deposit back….they say delivery for the coupes as far as they know is now October or November ( they don’t have any Protos ordered apparently)
This is my issue…October/November will turn into Dec/Jan.

I really want the Z but this is listing me off, but they did manage to convince me to stay on the list. I’m really not sure I’ve done the right thing
No protos ordered at what you said (from memory) is one of the biggest nissan dealerships in Perth? That seems odd indeed.

So you didn't place an order at Mazda? Guess you've just accepted the fact that you'll wait as long as they'll have you waiting. Youve waited this long, what's another two or three months. Honestly, the run up to xmas flies by and it'll pass quickly 😉