Hands Up all the Aussies

240SX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14
In other news…is anyone having trouble loading the last page of the “2023 Nissan Zs Spied on Carrier Trucks-Has Production Begun” page?

Keeps on freezing for me, admin said he could load it so wondering if it’s something to do with the internet in Aus blocking anything
Same it’s also freezing up on me

Y_PLZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan
In other news…is anyone having trouble loading the last page of the “2023 Nissan Zs Spied on Carrier Trucks-Has Production Begun” page?

Keeps on freezing for me, admin said he could load it so wondering if it’s something to do with the internet in Aus blocking anything
I’m on my iPhone and the last page does load. However, after a few seconds it become blank and the bower slows down to the point that I just have to close it out.

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Well I've been told allocation will be locked in by the 15th, so if still radio silence one week from tomorrow I'll likely be pulling my deposit and shopping elsewhere.

This talk of demonstration vehicles just pisses people off, did anyone ask for it?
So would that mean that everyone who has paid a deposit should get a call by the 15th with either a yes you got a car or no your in the next round, it's bad enough being in this round and then having to wait again

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
The screen is a little annoying, however I can live with the wired carplay. I've found current implementations of wireless carplay a little hit and miss on audio quality so always plug in anyway. Maybe missed on short trips I guess. :)
Agreed - I’ve yet to hear of a wireless implementation that works. Everyone I know has connection issues. Certainly in perth it is useless in the CBD and every time you drive near the railway overhead power wires. One of my cars is wireless only and I wish it had wired.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Agreed - I’ve yet to hear of a wireless implementation that works. Everyone I know has connection issues. Certainly in perth it is useless in the CBD and every time you drive near the railway overhead power wires. One of my cars is wireless only and I wish it had wired.
As I said…our is fine and I’m in Perth, so there’s your first ….Honda CRVs works well

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
So would that mean that everyone who has paid a deposit should get a call by the 15th with either a yes you got a car or no your in the next round, it's bad enough being in this round and then having to wait again
Yes, this is what I've been told. Proto orderers should have already received the call, with Coupe order allocations confirmed before next Friday. Unsuccessful Proto orderers will not be placed in front of early Coupe orderers but will get first Coupe dibs next round.

Is your understanding similar @morgand ?

*edit* I didn't read the bulletin word for word so not certain how much is just dealer speculation.

Last edited:

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
Yes, this is what I've been told. Proto orderers should have already received the call, with Coupe order allocations confirmed before next Friday. Unsuccessful Proto orderers will not be placed in front of early Coupe orderers but will get first Coupe dibs next round.

Is your understanding similar @morgand ?

I ordered a proto and have heard nothing. I'm pretty certain I'll miss out and also have zero faith in my dealer. They seem so inept I'm not even sure they would have put my order through correctly or not. My first attempt at buying a Nissan has been a miserable one...caused by both the dealer and Nissan themselves. If I've missed out on the proto I'll look elsewhere.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Has anyone gotten their call from Nissan Aus yet?
Nope nothing for me either …I suppose there is another week
@cainen there is the possibility that some proto allocations have been delayed …I suppose they can only move as quick as the people they are calling do, and that means locking in contracts or getting a definite no before offering to someone else
@jezzza they would have to move pretty quick to lock us all in by the 15th, given that there is now a nice little pool of us on here surely someone would have received a call by now if they had started…especially those like us who put their money down very early

Last edited:

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Nope nothing for me either …I suppose there is another week
@cainen there is the possibility that some proto allocations have been delayed …I suppose they can only move as quick as the people they are calling do, and that means locking in contracts or getting a definite no before offering to someone else
@jezzza they would have to move pretty quick to lock us all in by the 15th, given that there is now a nice little pool of us on here surely someone would have reviewed a call by now if they had started…especially those like us who put their money down very early
Agree given that they supposedly started making calls last week and there were only approx 120-140 protos, how long will it take them to call everyone else if say the number or performance coupes is 600-700, i'm taling a stab in the dark about that number.