Hands Up all the Aussies

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
No updated contract, was told this will be signed once test drive is done. Received confirmation of colour + interior 2 weeks ago and that’s about it.
Anyone taking PPF and ceramic coating from the dealer or getting it done by yourselves?
What @Jezza said.

As to ceramic coating…my husband has a client who is a pane beater/car sprayer ..so asked his opinion.
We already have it on our 1 year old CRV and it does look super shines.

He said if your keeping it in a garage for a lot of the time you are better off just hand washing and polishing it. It will keep it just as protected and give a nice shine…he also said when cars that have the ceramic coat come in for damage it’s a much harder job, and unless your prepared for the ceramicist again it’s gone after the repair

He did say if we were really set on getting it done you can buy the kits from Repco etc, and he would be happy to apply so it is a professional job for us for a fraction of the cost…I know what your thinking, but this guy refreshed my sons car by fixing all the small dings and scratches, and then did a light spray on the entire car, for only $1000 …he is not a rip off merchant

So I’ll have to think about it

400GOZ

First Name
GOZ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 FG XR6T
All states slightly different, so I guess that’s why you asked the question…here in the west I’ll be paying 83159 thanks to our taxes

As to due date, various reports varying from July to October, but no one knows for sure
@400GOZ you are one in front of most of us, at least you have a finalised contract.

I too would be interested to know where you are for that reason alone. It seems as though a couple of dealers have finalised, whilst most don’t have it in their system yet, and have temporary contracts with orders placed through the back door in the system
Yeah, I would have one of the first contracts, I placed my order on the 17th of November 2021. I was the 25th order in Australia. I'm located in NSW.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Yeah, I would have one of the first contracts, I placed my order on the 17th of November 2021. I was the 25th order in Australia. I'm located in NSW.
Well I must be one or two in Australia then, my order was placed 2nd of April, 2021, and do not have an updated contract.
My dealer said it’s not yet in their system…the order was placed through the back door under a 370z with Nissan Oz and was reconfirmed when Nissan Aus asked for the dealers to check all orders were correct.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
He said if your keeping it in a garage for a lot of the time you are better off just hand washing and polishing it. It will keep it just as protected and give a nice shine…
Finally sound advice regarding ceramic coatings! I swear people just like the idea of spending as much money as possible.

My dealer said it’s not yet in their system…the order was placed through the back door under a 370z with Nissan Oz and was reconfirmed when Nissan Aus asked for the dealers to check all orders were correct.
Same deal here, ordered well over 12 months ago but I did get paperwork changed from 370Z to Z Coupé with final price, colour and transmission included. I'm in disbelief that it's still not in their system. They contacted you with drive away price right?

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Finally sound advice regarding ceramic coatings! I swear people just like the idea of spending as much money as possible.

Same deal here, ordered well over 12 months ago but I did get paperwork changed from 370Z to Z Coupé with final price, colour and transmission included. I'm in disbelief that it's still not in their system. They contacted you with drive away price right?
Nah they didn’t contact me, but I contacted them and specifically asked if the price online is what I will pay if I put the right postcode in…he confirmed that this is the price, and I have that in writing, so I pretty comfortable with it, just wish something more solid would happen

This is exactly what I wrote

“Hi

Sorry to bother you, just a quick question.
Could you please confirm that Nissan Osborne Park will be selling the Z for the price as listed on the Nissan Australia website IF I change to the correct postcode? And not extra

Thanks in advance.
I promise I’ll try not to contact you until you contact me 🤭

And this is what I got back

“That's correct —— . The price on the Nissan Website is $81,879 when corrected to a W.A postcode and that's what we are selling them at.

Regards,”

I also said I am aware the price of paint is extra….

Turboman1994

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None yet
Occupation
Driller
Ceramic coating does make washing it by hand easier but harder to fix panel damage if there is chips ect will have to have a think about it if I’m going to get it done

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Yep. It's shithouse mate. There's no damn excuse reasonable enough for the blatant disregard that's being offered to the bulk of us currently.

I'm mulling over pouring coin into my z32 instead of this and it just keeps looking a more appealing solution the longer time goes on.

You guys remember me sending that email weeks back to my dealer? I've still got nothing back. It's just bullshit. I'm sure an email from me requesting a refund of my 5k will prompt a damn response.
Shouldn't come to that though, butbthats how im feeling.

I'll be giving the muppets a call and finding out what's what as I've had enough of being polite and patiently waiting.

Either give me details or give me back my coin, that's where I'm at.

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
I couldn't give two fucks about the Supra or mx5 or any of the other crap on offer currently, but my z32 can be built into something truly one off and I can build it exactly how I want it - with no compromises - unlike how I'm feeling about the new z. 100k without it being exactly what I'm after.

Just where I'm at.

🤷‍♂️

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I couldn't give two fucks about the Supra or mx5 or any of the other crap on offer currently, but my z32 can be built into something truly one off and I can build it exactly how I want it - with no compromises - unlike how I'm feeling about the new z. 100k without it being exactly what I'm after.

Just where I'm at.

🤷‍♂️
Frustration is understandable, they have our contacts an occasional update wouldn’t go astray

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
I wonder how many Z cars can Nissan Japan make a day, because once they put there production plan in place they should be able to figure out how many cars need to go to each market. Nissan Australia has basically closed the books by now saying join the queue as they have met production capacity then they should be able to figure out the time-frame and leadtime as to what car goes where and when.

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
^ It's pretty impossible for any company to give definite timeframes these days due to Covid - parts shortages, staff absences, shipping delays, etc., etc. :(

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Covid is a cop out.

It's been around for years and if you don't reckon companies are counting it as a factor regarding their timeframes by now, I don't know what to say. Nissan said mid-year whilst covid is still a thing after all. It's mid fucking year.

And West Aussie, im not after a bloody "occasional" update, just 1 fucking update. The only correspondence I had was after my enquiry back in Feb which said they had nothing to tell me abs would reach out when information became available. That time has come and gone with nothing.

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Anyhow, im clearly not drinking the kool-aid currently, so I'll leave you guys with it. Take care 👍