First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer
So... after owning the Z for nearly two months now...

It needs an exhaust 😄

I love the car.

Has anyone purchased and gotten an exhaust installed locally here in Australia?

Also two quick things. The car redlines at too low of an RPM... 6900 isn't enough haha but I haven't taken it on the track yet.

Secondly, the center console right of the handbrake and around the visible cupholder scratches too easily. I'd love to get it replaced with Alcantara... as we all know you can easily find carbon fiber parts... thoughts?

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)

It needs an exhaust 😄

I love the car.

Also two quick things. The car redlines at too low of an RPM... 6900 isn't enough haha but I haven't taken it on the track yet.

Secondly, the center console right of the handbrake and around the visible cupholder scratches too easily. I'd love to get it replaced with Alcantara... as we all know you can easily find carbon fiber parts... thoughts?
Axis parts is supposed to be offering a ton of alcantara pieces in the near future. If you're on Instagram they have a Z owners chat discussing them.

Wader

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z, 2017 Nissan Navara, 2016 Subaru STI
Both home safe and sound 👌. The Nismo is a good bit of kit. Hope everyone is well!

20240227_174741.jpg

20240227_174753.jpg

20240227_172254.jpg

20240227_163746.jpg

20240227_171415.jpg
Congrats! They look awesome together. His and hers or both yours for different days of the week? 😂

Beattie

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ5
Occupation
District Manager
Congrats! They look awesome together. His and hers or both yours for different days of the week? 😂
Thanks heaps!! Seems odd I waited 20 months for the Proto to arrive and now I'll probably sell it after driving it 600km.. I don't want to sell but it's not a financially smart decision to keep both. They do look good together though hey!

Wader

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks heaps!! Seems odd I waited 20 months for the Proto to arrive and now I'll probably sell it after driving it 600km.. I don't want to sell but it's not a financially smart decision to keep both. They do look good together though hey!
It’s your call if you sell one or not. If the PROTO is a manual then I’d expect they feel different enough to drive so not too hard to justify keeping both 😄

it’d be like having a wrx and and sti. I upgraded a wrx with 24,000kms on it for a sti a few years back - they were different generations. I couldn’t afford it at the time but if I could do it now, I’d keep both.

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z

It needs an exhaust 😄

I love the car.

I was just after a bit more sound from the exhaust too. I don't need a performance gain just yet.
I had looked at the Takeda axleback/muffler delete.
I saw some others on FB just had them made locally.
So I got my local exhaust shop to knock some up. They came out beautifully. Add a good amount of sound without being crazy and look great.
Worked out about half the price of the Takeda pipes.

Last edited:

Wader

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I was just after a bit more sound from the exhaust too. I don't need a performance gain just yet.
I had looked at the Takeda axleback/muffler delete.
I saw some others on FB just had them made locally.
So I got my local exhaust shop to knock some up. They came out beautifully. Add a good amount of sound without being crazy and look great.
Worked out about half the price of the Takeda pipes.

Great idea - may I ask how much you paid - this solution would suit me.

btw - love the colour.

brooklynm

First Name
brooklyn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FK7 Civic
Hey,
We ordered a 2023 Z in Jan 2023, eta was august, then price rose and now we are getting a 2024, they gave us an exact date of 23/02/24, and the delivery updates are still showing feb 2024, even though it is March. We dont have a vin, its getting shipped to Brisbane, qld port.
It was built nov 2023.

Anyone else received theirs or in similar situation?
We are trying to raise a complaint now.

Last edited:

Wader

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hey,
We ordered a 2023 Z in Jan 2023, eta was august, then price rose and now we are getting a 2024, they gave us an exact date of 23/02/24, and the delivery updates are still showing feb 2024, even though it is March. We dont have a vin, its getting shipped to Brisbane, qld port.

Anyone else had a similar situation?
We are trying to raise a complaint now.
im not sure if it’s still happening but there were some dock disputes holding up freight including cars a while ago.

there’s nothing worse than waiting for your car - hope you get it soon, it’s worth the wait. 😄

brooklynm

First Name
brooklyn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FK7 Civic
We finally received the vin, and the car's on the water set to get to the port in brisbane around the 16th before it gets delivered to sunny coast around april 4th.
All hope is not lost for you guys, will be a 16 month wait for us.

MattJ2020

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer
My first spot! Parked two bays away at PCEC. Does anyone know the style of that license plate too?

Hello to the owner!

IMG_7638.jpeg
IMG_7639.jpeg
IMG_7640.jpeg

Wader

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My first spot! Parked two bays away at PCEC. Does anyone know the style of that license plate too?

Hello to the owner!

IMG_7638.jpeg
IMG_7639.jpeg
IMG_7640.jpeg
Looks like it might have an aftermarket exhaust too just looking at the tips…