OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
1659993504484.png

But seriously, couldn't you just order an MX5 and see which arrives first?
No …because Mazda wants a contract in place first, so if by some miracle the Z showed up first, I’d still have to turn it down because I’d have an actual contract with Mazda with a VIN.
So it’s one or the other.
If I wasn’t fussy about the colour ..l could have a white MX5 tomorrow

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Interesting the Mazda dealership I spoke to reckoned about 4 months for a mx5
Maybe they were giving it a bit of a buffer just in case, but mine said two months, and I could have actually had a white one tomorrow if I wasn’t fussy about the colour.

There is a website that gives estimated delayed delivery times in Australia…and that says 62 days …so seems pretty legit

The only other contender for me is the mustang ( a bit too muscly for me though🤣) they have stopped taking orders due to their back log

Last edited:
OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
After this long, you of all people can’t give up on us now @West Aussie - if that happens, there might as well be negative hope for the rest of us!
I’m hanging in there…just.
Thanks for the support, my girlfriend who I walk with every morning also told me I’d be disappointed with anything else I get now, because I’ve been so set on it for so long…so she was in the back of my mind too.
Just so frustrating

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
MX5 was not something I would have thought of as cross shopping with a Z.

My short list
new WRX, till I drove it and the gearbox is shit!
Mustang with with a new model in 2024 I think they will depreciate hard whenthe new model comes out.

which left me with 2

the brains fav
Polestar 2 dual motor
with the K's I do and with our solar system I could run that for 5 years for pretty well 0$ other than buying, and Electric cars hold value rather well.
300kw, AWD

the heart wanted the Z.Ihonestly think this will be my last Petrol powered daily, so said Fk it and going out with something fun!

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
A friend recently got his Landcruiser 70 series after a near 3 year wait.

so things could be worse.

https://www.chasingcars.com.au/news...pdate: 70 Series has a 9 to 10 month waitlist
Being female to me the MX5 whilst not a direct comparable car to the Z, is attractive, fun to drive, cheap to run and still a manual (something I really want …and electric doesn’t provide )
The only thing I don’t like about it, is it’s just a bit too small

The mustang is just a bit too testosterone filled and big…the Z is the sweet spot and reminds me of driving around in my dads Nissan skylines, bluebird and Datsun 120y when I was young…it has that nostalgic value

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
Being female to me the MX5 whilst not a direct comparable car to the Z, is attractive, fun to drive, cheap to run and still a manual (something I really want …and electric doesn’t provide )

The mustang is just a bit too testosterone filled and big…the Z is the sweet spot and reminds me of driving around in my dads Nissan skylines, bluebird and Datsun 120y when I was young…it has that nostalgic value
OK i'll pay that, I just think they are a bit slow, same as I didn't cross shop a 86/BRX

and for what it's worth I ahd a current Gen mustang as a rental alst time in the states and they are the polar opposite of a fun car to drive, so yeah.

Supremekai

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z

What about the brz86 ?

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Had a response from my dealer today saying that the dealership received confirmation yesterday that my vehicle will be allocated to them before the end of the week with a timeline for my delivery following on from that soon after.

Some kind of response is better than none, but dealerships are well versed with putting together an email without really saying much at all within.

Still though, getting closer.

Yeah stuff the mx5 @West Aussie, you already know it'd be a compromise.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Had a response from my dealer today saying that the dealership received confirmation yesterday that my vehicle will be allocated to them before the end of the week with a timeline for my delivery following on from that soon after.

Some kind of response is better than none, but dealerships are well versed with putting together an email without really saying much at all within.

Still though, getting closer.

Yeah stuff the mx5 @West Aussie, you already know it'd be a compromise.
I just wish the coupe orders were further along like the Protos 😔

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Where are our allocation confirmation phone calls? They really are behind schedule. This was in the dealer bulletin, not just an internet theory.
No clue…unlike yourself I didn’t see the bulletin, but I’m hoping there wasn’t another that came after it changing things.

One thing is for sure, once they start @jezzza either you or I should hear something. I do not think many have had orders in as early as us …if I hear anything I will be on the forum quick stixs to let you know
I’d say I’m hoping it won’t be long, but sadly I have very little hope left where this is concerned