(Hagerty) How fast is the new $50k Nissan Z? — New Z vs Supra vs Mustang Mach-1

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
I knew traction was going to be an issue.

Shitty tires and less torque to the wheels did the Z in. Mach 1 and Supra have more torque, and lower in the rpm range too, so it's a no brainer that Z would lose from a dig. Torque wins races, period. However, I'm surprised they didn't do any roll racing.

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
Not surprised it lost. And I'm sure those tires play in it's loss. But that's Nissan for you. Not worth $50k for scuffed brembos, no Recaros, and junk tires.

Didn't run it on the track I see. That's suspect.

Unfortunately the performance and sales/marketing team let down the design team which killed it... Beautiful car.

Imagine paying for that sport muffler that sounds like trash on the manual, Nissan makes no adjustment.

Hopefully people who want these will find these with no mark ups soon.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
Not surprised it lost. And I'm sure those tires play in it's loss. But that's Nissan for you. Not worth $50k for scuffed brembos, no Recaros, and junk tires.

Didn't run it on the track I see. That's suspect.

Unfortunately the performance and sales/marketing team let down the design team which killed it... Beautiful car.

Imagine paying for that sport muffler that sounds like trash on the manual, Nissan makes no adjustment.

Hopefully people who want these will find these with no mark ups soon.
In a way, this video may ward off excessive ADM 🤣

LC1

First Name
Ogan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 mazda rx7, 2005 subaru legacy gt
Occupation
Nissan machinist
Love the editing they did in this video. Def needs more traction. It’s shame we can’t get a performance model without all the little luxury/ convenience options. Dig into that weight disadvantage a tiny bit. I want the brakes and diff but could not care less about the rest the perf pack ads. most of it I’d be going aftermarket anyways.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
To be honest this isn't surprising, but better tires would likely help it keep up. Although, as he says, launch control is hit or miss on it. Can't do a burn out either.
The burnout thing is odd, but I remember my friend's old C55 AMG wouldn't let you do a burnout either, even with TC off. I think it's just MB's self protection tuning - but newer MB trans (especially AMG spec) let you do burnouts galore.

LC1

First Name
Ogan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Nissan machinist
I’m ignorant of this but if it’s a computer thing not letting you do a burnout. Maybe in time a tuner could disable that function or rather unfunction. I’ve never had a car that wouldn’t let me do one so I’m not sure how that works.

LC1

First Name
Ogan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Nissan machinist
Manuals don't even come close to newer, modern ATs these days.
As much as I hate to say it. Your right. Modern a auto’s have come a long way.