jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Wouldn’t be a shocker considering aus had preorders way before hand and the website actually has the z up and running. We have already seen guam get 2 protos and hawaii as well with a sport, performance and a proto. There was also a charity event of some sort in the states where it does say first dealership to have the z displayed(unsure if its a production one)we could be seeing them soon, yet again hopefully fucking nissan 🙄

OP
OP

Duchess

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi S6
Occupation
Trade Compliance
I think there are a few reasons we could get it earlier than the US.
Firstly we are right hand drive, the same as JP where they are getting made.
Shipping from JP to AU is faster in general.
And we are getting fewer variants - excluding the 200 protos, we are really only getting the single model.

But... take it all with a grain of salt. I've got no reason to think the dealership weren't being honest with me, but I don't work for Nissan... so...

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Then what's all those Zs on those trailers? I don't trust your guy on the advisory panel.

Plus these peeps are in Aus, so their schedule is probably slightly different.
those are fake z’s obviously 😂 i already tuned this guy out we dont even know who this council man is lol. Must be on the jedi council

Fontana

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Had my Proto deposit down since October and haven’t heard anything? Sydney based

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
We are only getting two variants.
One they are calling the "Coupe", which I believe is identical to the Performance.
The other is the "Proto", which is almost the same as what has been shown in the US (not quite identical though). I believe those are limited to 200 only.

Below is in AUD.
Conversion (As of right now) is USD$0.687.

1656980128153.png
Identical except for the stupid small screen no Sat nav and no wireless connect with either of our two models 😡
As to dealers honesty….I think the are also trying to be honest, they have no reason to lie. But that doesn’t mean the info they are getting is correct, heck I was told it would be here Dec last year and my dealer honestly thought that as well.

I hope you are right, but I’m also interested to know if there is a delay between Proto and coupe how long are we talking? A day, a month, a year, a decade?
At this point there is so much differing information it’s hard to keep track

Reactions: Mud
OP
OP

Duchess

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi S6
Occupation
Trade Compliance
Identical except for the stupid small screen no Sat nav and no wireless connect with either of our two models 😡
As to dealers honesty….I think the are also trying to be honest, they have no reason to lie. But that doesn’t mean the info they are getting is correct, heck I was told it would be here Dec last year and my dealer honestly thought that as well.

I hope you are right, but I’m also interested to know if there is a delay between Proto and coupe how long are we talking? A day, a month, a year, a decade?
At this point there is so much differing information it’s hard to keep track
Oh, man I'm sorry to hear that, but I think your dealer was just straight up wrong...
I was told from the day I signed up that it would be July-August. I got a call from them back in March saying that it could be pushed out to September though. That may be the case for the non-Proto spec.

The person I spoke with said they wouldn't have their 'showroom' car until September. I can't remember he exact words, but I got the distinct impression that the non-protos would be late August-September. Basically 1 month after the Proto.

As for the infotainment unit... this is quite honestly one reason I'm having second thoughts.
$87k is a lot of money for a car with no sat-nav... :(

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Oh, man I'm sorry to hear that, but I think your dealer was just straight up wrong...
I was told from the day I signed up that it would be July-August. I got a call from them back in March saying that it could be pushed out to September though. That may be the case for the non-Proto spec.

The person I spoke with said they wouldn't have their 'showroom' car until September. I can't remember he exact words, but I got the distinct impression that the non-protos would be late August-September. Basically 1 month after the Proto.

As for the infotainment unit... this is quite honestly one reason I'm having second thoughts.
$87k is a lot of money for a car with no sat-nav... :(
No he has been honest the whole way through.
I ordered April in 2021, and they were told most likely December 2021, then it moved to Feb 2022, then to September 2022 ( which was actually even on the website at one point) then moved back to July 2022
He has kept me updated with each change ..he has no reason to lie, as you’ve said about your dealer.
It does go to show the changes over the past two years, lots of different dealers are still saying different things

That’s why I say I hope you are right, because it’s right…until it isn’t anymore

Agree it’s bad enough not being included in the coupe, but in the Proto which is actually almost 90k in WA I think it’s pretty shocking really
Even a cheap mg has sat nav

OP
OP

Duchess

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi S6
Occupation
Trade Compliance
No he has been honest the whole way through.
I ordered April in 2021, and they were told most likely December 2021, then it moved to Feb 2022, then to September 2022 ( which was actually even on the website at one point) then moved back to July 2022
He has kept me updated with each change ..he has no reason to lie, as you’ve said about your dealer.
It does go to show the changes over the past two years, lots of different dealers are still saying different things

That’s why I say I hope you are right, because it’s right…until it isn’t anymore

Agree it’s bad enough not being included in the coupe, but in the Proto which is actually almost 90k in WA I think it’s pretty shocking really
Even a cheap mg has sat nav
Wait? How did you order in April last year?
Pre-Ordering only opened up in September?
Even back then all the journalists were saying an approximate ~12 month wait.
(Example)

My guess for why we got the 8" was just a supply issue with the 9" (chip shortage etc). The 8" is the older, existing Nissan unit, which they probably had shitloads of for other cars. They must have made the decision early to service AU first, and so we got the shitty units.

I am pretty confident a factory 9"replacement will be available after a while, and they should be a pretty easy fit.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Wait? How did you order in April last year?
Pre-Ordering only opened up in September?
Even back then all the journalists were saying an approximate ~12 month wait.
(Example)

My guess for why we got the 8" was just a supply issue with the 9" (chip shortage etc). The 8" is the older, existing Nissan unit, which they probably had shitloads of for other cars. They must have made the decision early to service AU first, and so we got the shitty units.

I am pretty confident a factory 9"replacement will be available after a while, and they should be a pretty easy fit.
Orders opened way before they officially announced it…all orders were entered the same way weather you ordered in April 2021 like I did, or on Sept …through the back door under a 370Z because at that point the Z was not in the system, in fact the Z has only just appeared in the system in the last couple of weeks.
There are HEAPS of people who ordered before September, there are three of us on this forum alone, and I was told by my dealer although I was first at his dealership there were others in Aus in front of me.

Just because they have a shitload left doesn't mean they should dump them on one or two (Canada is the same) market…not at the price they are selling for

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
^ According to that you ordered a "400Z" which Nissan aren't even making ... although we don't know what the next Z will be called. You might be waiting until 2035 for delivery. ;)

OP
OP

Duchess

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi S6
Occupation
Trade Compliance
$4k deposit? Holy shit, I hope you get one of the first allocations!
That's 18 months they have held your ~5% deposit...

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
[/ATTACH]
Here are my two contracts…note I actually put in interest end of !arch 2021, this is when I paid a deposit …also note both contracts have the same customer order number, meaning the order has not changed [/ATTACH]

7B0896F6-D8DF-468D-8676-B676847EE143.jpeg

5EE6C7BB-412D-4949-8D4C-89141D1F7173.jpeg
Wasn't that more of a gentlemen's agreement with the dealership though? Hopefully your dealership has the pull and motivation with Nissan, once the vehicle is for real available, to get you an early Z.

With what's been going on in the industry ... my motivation to get any new vehicle has reached ebb tide. At this point, mainly looking forward to some forum members getting the vehicle and to see how well they like it.

Otherwise when I start seeing Zs in my area, likely by the usual big spending ADM crowd, it's mostly going to be annoying, similar to the Ford Bronco scene. :(

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Wasn't that more of a gentlemen's agreement with the dealership though? Hopefully your dealership has the pull and motivation with Nissan, once the vehicle is for real available, to get you an early Z.

With what's been going on in the industry ... my motivation to get any new vehicle has reached ebb tide. At this point, mainly looking forward to some forum members getting the vehicle and to see how well they like it.

Otherwise when I start seeing Zs in my area, likely by the usual big spending ADM crowd, it's mostly going to be annoying, similar to the Ford Bronco scene. :(
No…that’s the thing early orders were given to Nissan Australia.
Pre Orders opened Sept last year, but they were still being ordered as 370Zs just as my early order was…because the Z wasn’t pit into the system till last week
In Aus it has nothing to do with the dealership. All orders sent to Nissan Aus and then they are contacting people individually to make sure they will take the car before allocating it to the dealer…they are follow the list in order of date

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
$4k deposit? Holy shit, I hope you get one of the first allocations!
That's 18 months they have held your ~5% deposit...
They actually asked for 5k…the joy of early ordering 😖 there are actually a few guys on Facebook claiming they have almost paid the entire amount off.

Wont be doing that till I get a VIN….and no one has that yet

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
No…that’s the thing early orders were given to Nissan Australia.
Pre Orders opened Sept last year, but they were still being ordered as 370Zs just as my early order was…because the Z wasn’t pit into the system till last week
In Aus it has nothing to do with the dealership. All orders sent to Nissan Aus and then they are contacting people individually to make sure they will take the car before allocating it to the dealer…they are follow the list in order of date
I guess the cynical part of me would say sure as a dealer, we'll take your early down-payment, and make up a "contract" for a vehicle that doesn't yet exist in the system, and send it to Nissan ... whatever they will do with it. That would seem to me still kind of vapor, and contingent on some gentlemen's agreement between the parties.

But yeah at this point, maybe things have gotten more solid? The "Nissan contacting AU customers directly" thing for Proto versions sounds interesting. That could go some ways to locking things down and avoiding some dealer hijinks.

Ford tried an early "reservation" system with the Bronco. Which I predicted would bomb out, and to a large extent it did. That was due to the realities of the manufacturer/dealer regulations, including allocations. But maybe in AU the regulations are different, and Nissan can have a more direct and meaningful interaction with a customer.