First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
i only play consoles now...last time i had a gaming pc, gateway built it ?

...i was playing decent, unreal, wing commander and mechwarrior.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
i only play consoles now...last time i had a gaming pc, gateway built it ?

...i was playing decent, unreal, wing commander and mechwarrior.
I played a ton of UT & Quake back in the day as well. Epic still needs to finish a proper follow-up to UT3.

OP
OP
bboypuertoroc

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
I played a ton of UT & Quake back in the day as well. Epic still needs to finish a proper follow-up to UT3.
Can you imagine a new Quake/UT given today's game tech?

OP
OP
bboypuertoroc

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
I always found it hilarious they make Ryu look like Blanka's bitch even though he's the main character

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA & ND Miata | Xterra | Honda 919 | Honda Grom
My people!!!

I was a huge SEGA fanboy for the longest time. I owned basically every piece of Sega hardware except for Sega CD since the Genesis. I had the Game Gear with the TV Tuner, and I even bought the 32X. To this day, I still regret selling my Saturn.

Definitely a big Street Fighter II fan. I still play online with Nintendo online with the Switch. The HD remastered Ultra SFII is glorious.

S40alK5SjFqwKQbqNNOCgnH8Ou08wKxZ.0.jpg

And of course, Mortal Kombat. I think MKII was the pinnacle of the series. But MK11 has been pretty fun too.

53SV.gif

I've gotten big into sim racing over the last couple years. I'm super stoked for Gran Turismo 7 on PS5. I've also been playing some Assetto Corsa (and Competizione) and Beam.ng

There's something so wildly satisfying to play a driving simulator with such realistic physics. Beam.ng:

1FGioR.gif

I know how to drive a manual, but I'm fairly inexperienced since I've never owned a car with one. So, I've actually been using my sim rig (wheel/pedals/H-shifter) to help me develop some muscle memory in preparation for my future Z car :D

71XoqgwYP+L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Oh, and Zelda: Breath of the Wild is the greatest game of all time. But I've got a major, sentimental soft spot for A Link to the Past.

7-triforce.gif

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Played Horizon 5 (PC) on release but the lousy handling physics and rubber-band wheel force feedback made me lose interest after a short while. Forza should have transplanted their Motorsports 7 physics and ffb into that game, they're 're quite good.

So currently it's Assetto Corsa, ACC, and FM 7 for me.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
i also own a couple arcade systems, a galaga stand-up and a ms. pac-man cocktail table

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Played a number of games that I consider a masterpiece, but for me Half-Life 2 ranks up there as one of the greatest of all time. I've lost track of how many times I've played it through and will run it back again soon. If only Valve could learn to count to 3 ?

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
X-Box: Series X / PS4 Pro / Switch here.

Sadly I never have the time anymore, career and family life are both too damned demanding.

Driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK7 GTI (Sold)
My Gamer days were mostly during the Half-Life, UT, and Quake era. All the late-night deathmatch craziness, WOW!! So exciting and immersive. What was that...15-20 years ago? Geez, time flies! Also heavily played Jane's WWII Fighters, and the Microsoft WWII sim of the same era, forget the name. All great fun, but I got older, and tired of killing things. Even now, I have all those silicon murders on my conscience. They weigh heavily, but I remind myself, "it was war". I had to defend myself.

For the past 2 years I've flirted with getting a VR system and doing the excellent racing sims available. I do have Assetto Corsa, and was into it for a couple months with a wheel and pedals attached to my desktop. Pretty amazing, and I can't imagine how good it will be with a new gen or next gen VR setup. I had been waiting for VR to improve, and during that waiting period, as all you Gamers know, gpu prices shot thru the roof, and that was if you could even GET one. My current gpu was running Assetto Corsa fine, but it won't handle the latest VR setups, and I like playing with all the eye candy on. So, hopefully by late 2022, more gpus should be available, and "maybe" somewhat better prices.

But I probably won't buy any of that stuff because by then I will be spending all my spare time driving my Z, or whatever I end up buying if the Z takes too long or is stupidly expensive and marked up.

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA & ND Miata | Xterra | Honda 919 | Honda Grom
For the past 2 years I've flirted with getting a VR system and doing the excellent racing sims available. I do have Assetto Corsa, and was into it for a couple months with a wheel and pedals attached to my desktop. Pretty amazing, and I can't imagine how good it will be with a new gen or next gen VR setup. I had been waiting for VR to improve, and during that waiting period, as all you Gamers know, gpu prices shot thru the roof, and that was if you could even GET one. My current gpu was running Assetto Corsa fine, but it won't handle the latest VR setups, and I like playing with all the eye candy on.
I bought the Oculus Quest 2 and connected it to my PC to play Assetto Corsa... Instantaneous motion sickness. :( I tend to get motion sickness really bad with FPS games, so it was bound to happen with VR racing. I'm mostly fine playing VR when it's my own head/body moving around, but once simulated motion is introduced, I can't handle it.

But I probably won't buy any of that stuff because by then I will be spending all my spare time driving my Z, or whatever I end up buying if the Z takes too long or is stupidly expensive and marked up.
Yeah, I was thinking of getting the new Fanatec GT DD Pro bundle and a new seat/frame/mount rig, but that would cost around $2k. My current entry level setup works well enough, and I'd rather put that money towards the new Z!

Side note. I live in Los Angeles and have driven/ridden the Angeles Crest Highway many times, but I was sooo intrigued by the LA Canyons mod and that's what made me buy Assetto Corsa in the first place.

I'm not big into drifting, but this video is pretty sick