Front license plate -- will you mount it or not?

Front license plate -- will you mount it or not?

• Total voters

brianbot5000

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Tacoma, Lexus GS350
If you don't want a front plate, make sure you find a dealership that will honor your request.

Most dealerships don't care, when their vehicles go to PDI, some jackhat with a cordless driver just tacks on a front plate with self tapping screws, often times without the OEM plate bracket.
i havenā€™t looked super closely into the Zā€™s front plate mount, but is it the kind where they have to drill into something? Or is it a bracket that attaches around the grill? (Without drilling).

Mishimoto

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Many
Hey Guys!

Just wanted to poke my head in here since we're going to have an option for those who both don't want to drill their front bumpers and don't want to risk the tickets for a missing plate:

NT6_9701.jpg

We're already working on producing our front license plate relocation kits that use the tow hook threads that will allow you to mount the plate securely off center for a better look that doesn't require a drill ;)

We'll have more info on these coming soon!

-Nick

Last edited:
OP
OP

kutaba

First Name
Kutaba
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z Proto - pathfinder
Occupation
Creative
Hey Guys!

Just wanted to poke my head in here since we're going to have an option for those who both don't want to drill their front bumpers and don't want to risk the tickets for a missing plate:

NT6_9701.jpg

We're already working on producing our front license plate relocation kits that use the tow hook threads that will allow you to mount the plate securely off center for a better look that doesn't require a drill ;)

We'll have more info on these coming soon!

-Nick
Thanks Nick. This looks great please keep us updated and if you can share how to order one.

Mishimoto

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Many
Does it come with a flat bill hat and a vape?
We can definitely help out in the flat bill department, but it's BYOV still šŸ˜‚

Thanks Nick. This looks great please keep us updated and if you can share how to order one.

Will do! I'll be sure to drop a new thread with a link once they're available!

-Nick

Georges1

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1972 Datsun 240Z
Occupation
Safety Engineer
Drove my 2016 Challenger Hellcat for 5 years without a front plate & fortunately was not stopped. The plateless front end just looked too good. I did have the other plate & mount in the trunk just in case. Iā€™m not sure if my ā€œOfficer, I was planning to mount the front plate but just havenā€™t gotten around to doing it yetā€ excuse would work or not. My plan is to see if I can get away with no front plate on the new Z.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Drove my 2016 Challenger Hellcat for 5 years without a front plate & fortunately was not stopped. The plateless front end just looked too good. I did have the other plate & mount in the trunk just in case. Iā€™m not sure if my ā€œOfficer, I was planning to mount the front plate but just havenā€™t gotten around to doing it yetā€ excuse would work or not. My plan is to see if I can get away with no front plate on the new Z.
my "excuse" is...

there was no mounting bracket provided by dealer or none attached when i purchased it. im not about to drill holes in that beautiful bumper.

also i don't want to block airflow into the engine bay in this texas heat.

all the above is true...

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
In Ontario here, they don't give a crap about excuses, you get a ticket, and cops just looove to pull you over for things like no front plate. Such an easy target and quick to be spotted from the rest of the cars on the road. I'm just not really willing to risk it. It honestly should be removed from all cars anyways. With the modern ALPR systems, there shouldn't be an issue. But every time it's brought up, the various "police chiefs" decide it's for public safety and cry to the government that suddenly more crime will be committed lmao

Marshall58of240

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Proto Spec A/T
Occupation
Business Owner
Hereā€™s the Mounting kit that came with my Proto Spec - unfortunately the city I live in will pull you over for any reason so probably will mount it / good thing my plates are custom ordered black so hopefully they blend better than a normal white Texas plate

1F85D5BF-C480-4A62-9D5D-29AB509E3803.jpeg

OP
OP

kutaba

First Name
Kutaba
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z Proto - pathfinder
Occupation
Creative
Great. So the plate will screw on directly or do I need to drill the plate or have a plastic cover ?

Brickyard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 QX50 '13 Escalade Platinum '03 350 Z Touring
Lucky Me !

No Front Plate Required in Indiana . . .

However, the Stealerships mount Front Plate Frames to put their plastic plate names on

Like this . .

BEYJ4CTJZIH6RRAXTN2MJNKAZE-cr-860.jpg

Most every Car I've had has had Holes in the Plastic Bumpers or Grill Section where I quickly removed that ugly monstrosity before I even drove off the Stealership's Lot