Front license plate -- will you mount it or not?

Front license plate -- will you mount it or not?

• Total voters

kutaba

First Name
Kutaba
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z Proto - pathfinder
Occupation
Creative
I was wondering what are your thoughts on the license plate in front of the car will you mount it or not. am getting my license plates tomorrow and I don't know what to do.
I like the look of the front of the car as is. Has any one ever seen how it looks with a license plate ?
Am in the state of Virginia I believe it illegal to drive without a front plate. if any member is in my state and could shed a light I would be thankful.

Gigantentum

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
Been struggling with mine as well, but finally decided to put it on. You may get away most of the time but when police pull you over I believe a $75 fine in VA. I decided to avoid any trouble since there are a lot of patrolling police cars around my area.

OP
OP

kutaba

First Name
Kutaba
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z Proto - pathfinder
Occupation
Creative
I found a adapter that uses the tow hook in front but it will be to the side. Even with that am thinking of keeping it with out.

brianbot5000

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Tacoma, Lexus GS350
I’ll leave it off (if we ever get a chance to purchase a manual Z). It’s required here in Washington, but I didn’t have one on my old BRZ and never got pulled over. And if I do, it’s a “donation to the state” that I’ll gladly make.

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
I am in VA and do not have front plates on any of my vehicles. I also tint windows 10%

I used to average one ticket per year. It has eased off in the last couple of years. Probably once every 3 years now

I’m weird, it’s my thing.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I’ll leave it off (if we ever get a chance to purchase a manual Z). It’s required here in Washington, but I didn’t have one on my old BRZ and never got pulled over. And if I do, it’s a “donation to the state” that I’ll gladly make.
In WA state, police won't pull people over for anything, except maybe speeding.
Almost any equipment violation is not enforced here.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer
So true, I’ve been running 1.5 years without a front plate on my Supra. I was even pulled over for speeding and it wasn’t mentioned.

I say if you’re in WA state leave it off. It makes the front of the Z look much better without it.

-RJM

OP
OP

kutaba

First Name
Kutaba
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z Proto - pathfinder
Occupation
Creative
So true, I’ve been running 1.5 years without a front plate on my Supra. I was even pulled over for speeding and it wasn’t mentioned.

I say if you’re in WA state leave it off. It makes the front of the Z look much better without it.

-RJM
Am in VA. I just can't bring my self to mess with how the front looks.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
this thread needs a poll...

not any of my sports cars and if i get the Z i will not put any on it.

in texas front plates are required.
i only run them on our trucks.
the mkiv, 86 and both rx7s have never had plates and ive been fortunate enough to never have been pulled over.

But Does It Djent?

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 BMW Z3
Can confirm. I lived in WA state for 3 and a half years and took the front plate off my BMW and replaced it with one of those logo plates. Never had any issues

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
If you don't want a front plate, make sure you find a dealership that will honor your request.

Most dealerships don't care, when their vehicles go to PDI, some jackhat with a cordless driver just tacks on a front plate with self tapping screws, often times without the OEM plate bracket.

Happened to my wife's Corolla hatchback, those are made in Japan and have slightly different plate holes than USA plates. They didn't even try to install the plate centered and level.

OP
OP

kutaba

First Name
Kutaba
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z Proto - pathfinder
Occupation
Creative
If you don't want a front plate, make sure you find a dealership that will honor your request.

Most dealerships don't care, when their vehicles go to PDI, some jackhat with a cordless driver just tacks on a front plate with self tapping screws, often times without the OEM plate bracket.

Happened to my wife's Corolla hatchback, those are made in Japan and have slightly different plate holes than USA plates. They didn't even try to install the plate centered and level.
No way…… I made sure no one even touches the car and I have to admit the dealer was amazing he kept the car Locked no was able to open the doors or sit in it.