For the love of (preferred deity)!

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
TheTopher just took delivery of his new Honda Civic Type R.

Let me repeat that. The new Honda Civic Type R is ALREADY getting delivered and it was JUST officially announced months ago. What a damn joke Nissan is with this rollout.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO

Let me repeat that. The new Honda Civic Type R is ALREADY getting delivered and it was JUST officially announced months ago. What a damn joke Nissan is with this rollout.

To be fair, they make a LOT of Civics.....the Z is more a niche offering.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security

The Topher is just another journalist, not really general public. But yep, the CTR will get in customers' hands before the Z, so disappointing!!

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
The ctr has been delivered throughout canada already but very limited numbers. 1 per dealer but still a delivered car nonetheless. All time embarrassment on nissan

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
There's a GR Corolla for sale at my local Toyota dealership. On the same road as the Nissan dealership that doesn't have shit.
I was literally coming in here to make that very joke (that the GRC would arrive first) and sure enough, lol.

Any idea what they're asking? What model?

The only one that has a price advertised (and isn't sale pending) within 250 mi of me is marked up 10k. I expected...a lot more tbh.

OP
OP
takemorepills

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I was literally coming in here to make that very joke (that the GRC would arrive first) and sure enough, lol.

The only one that has a price advertised (and isn't sale pending) within 250 mi of me is marked up 10k. I expected...a lot more tbh.
Swickard Toyota in Edmonds, WA. It's a base Core, about $10k markup.

I think it'll go over $10k, that part of town has a lot of parachute babies with seemingly unlimited funds.....

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater

I think it'll go over $10k, that part of town has a lot of parachute babies with seemingly unlimited funds.....
i have bought several new vehicles over my lifetime and have always paid under msrp...and that's with add-ons.

i refuse to pay over, but understand what's going on in the industry.
i now would be willing to pay msrp, but i don't think any dealers will let them go for that.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N

i have bought several new vehicles over my lifetime and have always paid under msrp...and that's with add-ons.

i refuse to pay over, but understand what's going on in the industry.
i now would be willing to pay msrp, but i don't think any dealers will let them go for that.
I honestly wonder - car lots are PACKED around here now, and I'm seeing more and more MSRP "deals" surface. Enthusiast cars are definitely their own ... category, if you will, when it comes to cost/demand/etc., but with the economy doing what it is and all that, it'll be interesting to watch it play out.

Given it is a limited edition, though, perhaps this is an isolated case.