First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z Performance
Occupation
SVP for Hospitality Company
i started almost a year ago and never thought the day would ever come. Two weeks ago I flew from Dallas to Harrison, Arkansas to pick up my Pearl Black, Performance Edition Manual. My first choice was the Sepian Blue exterior but I could not find locate any dealers that had one with a manual. Fortunately I tracked down the nice folks at Wood Nissan in Harrison, what a great experience! The best part was the 6 hour drive home, the drive from Harrison to Fayetteville, Arkansas was perfect, lots of twisty 2 lane roads.
I love my car, after reading all the comments and reviews, yes there are odd quirks and som things Nissan could improve on but that is no different than any car. My 1973 240 had lot of quirks, but that is part of the fun.

IMG_3734.jpeg

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Congrats!!! Enjoy the car! It’s a great feeling after waiting that long!

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
welcome to the club. seems like so many of us where in the same boat where it was a year long struggle then it finally happened. makes it all the better.

enjoy the Z

black is the best color ;)

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
Congratulations, and I hope we keep seeing posts like these. I want to see them on the road.

Sounds like a nice drive home. It's a pain that our local dealers don't have the car, but the road trip is fun.

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
@Rob, what did you think of the clutch?

Did you use SynchroRev Match? If so what did you think?

OP
OP

Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
@Rob, what did you think of the clutch?

Did you use SynchroRev Match? If so what did you think?
I had a Golf R previously and the R clutch was definitively more forgiving. However I love the feel of the Z clutch and the tight patter of the shift in the Z. The biggest adjustment for me is the gearing is much tighter I have missed 5th a couple times and shifted into 3rd.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Congrats, great catch!! No longer have your now-50 year old '73? Hope she's still in your garage.

Brock

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 370z
i started almost a year ago and never thought the day would ever come. Two weeks ago I flew from Dallas to Harrison, Arkansas to pick up my Pearl Black, Performance Edition Manual. My first choice was the Sepian Blue exterior but I could not find locate any dealers that had one with a manual. Fortunately I tracked down the nice folks at Wood Nissan in Harrison, what a great experience! The best part was the 6 hour drive home, the drive from Harrison to Fayetteville, Arkansas was perfect, lots of twisty 2 lane roads.
I love my car, after reading all the comments and
I love my car, after reading all the comments and reviews, yes there are odd quirks and som things Nissan could improve on but that is no different than any car. My 1973 240 had lot of quirks, but that is part of the fun.

IMG_3734.jpeg

IMG_3734.jpeg
reviews, yes there are odd quirks and som things Nissan could improve on but that is no different than any car. My 1973 240 had lot of quirks, but that is part of the fun.

IMG_3734.jpeg
Lol ya I wanted the blue as well, but the Metallic Silver is growing on me. Took me a year, and a half of waiting as well. Congratulations on your new car! I finally put 1K miles on mine. Was great to hear you were able to have fun driving it home, whilst putting needed break-in miles. Enjoy! 😊

HP Proto

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z Proto Spec
Occupation
Broadcast Engineer

IMG_3734.jpeg
Congratulations, enjoy your beautiful car, it looks amazing.

Georges1

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1972 Datsun 240Z
Occupation
Safety Engineer

IMG_3734.jpeg
From your post, it is easy to see what a fun experience you had and glad the Z was in a decent proximity to your home. It gave you some time with the car to get to know how it drives. Safe travels & have a great time with your new ride!!

pghfan2000

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2004 Nissan 350Z
I've got a deposit on the exact same car. Haven't finalized the price yet, wondering what premium Harrison put on yours. Can you share?

Gorgeous car. I've been eyeing a black one all along.

OP
OP

Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
I've got a deposit on the exact same car. Haven't finalized the price yet, wondering what premium Harrison put on yours. Can you share?

Gorgeous car. I've been eyeing a black one all along.
No markup! They were great!

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
welcome and congrats on the new Z. glad to hear there was no markup too...