Sponsored

Does your Performance Model Get Squirrely in Rear end under Hard Acceleration ?

zeroptzero

Well-Known Member
First Name
Joey
Joined
Sep 7, 2026
Threads
14
Messages
173
Reaction score
137
Location
Ontario
Car(s)
26 Z
I was driving home tonight, dry road conditions, temps are getting cooler at night. The rear end got squirrely on me under acceleration, in 3rd gear (Sport Auto). The road was beside a recycling plant so it may have been more greasy than typical roads in the area. I have a Sport model so it has no LSD. Traction control kicked in and tried to catch the back end.

If you have a Performance model does it get squirrely on you under hard acceleration lower gears ? even with the LSD ?
 

ZillaZ

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 16, 2024
Threads
18
Messages
688
Reaction score
1,096
Location
USA
Car(s)
2024 Z Performance
My 24' Perf auto was very squirrely if I did any kind of hard acceleration coming out of a corner. Rarely would it spin going straight even if I would jam on it from a roll.

Ditched the summer potenzas and got Michelin all seasons and I have only chirped the tires a few times since. No spins.
 

KrackaC8

Well-Known Member
First Name
Christopher
Joined
Nov 23, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
1,313
Reaction score
1,922
Location
Sioux City, IA
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance, 2024 Grand Cherokee, 2023 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Commodities
The LSD helps, but... The stock tires are terrible.
 
OP
OP

zeroptzero

Well-Known Member
First Name
Joey
Joined
Sep 7, 2026
Threads
14
Messages
173
Reaction score
137
Location
Ontario
Car(s)
26 Z
My 24' Perf auto was very squirrely if I did any kind of hard acceleration coming out of a corner. Rarely would it spin going straight even if I would jam on it from a roll.

Ditched the summer potenzas and got Michelin all seasons and I have only chirped the tires a few times since. No spins.
Thanks for that info, mine has done it a couple times going straight, it wasn't out of control but you could feel it shifting in the back. Not having an LSD is part of it I think. I need to get one added.
 

KrackaC8

Well-Known Member
First Name
Christopher
Joined
Nov 23, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
1,313
Reaction score
1,922
Location
Sioux City, IA
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance, 2024 Grand Cherokee, 2023 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Commodities
Mine has Yokohama AVID tires, not great for traction ?
Probably better than the OEM Bridgestones. You're likely at the limit of 1-wheel traction though.
 

Leroy819

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
48
Reaction score
53
Location
Canada
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z - Yellow 6MT
Occupation
Mechanic
My 24' Perf auto was very squirrely if I did any kind of hard acceleration coming out of a corner. Rarely would it spin going straight even if I would jam on it from a roll.

Ditched the summer potenzas and got Michelin all seasons and I have only chirped the tires a few times since. No spins.
I've learned to be delicate in the rain/wet. Going around a slow corner in second can put you sideways if you try to accelerate a little bit. My winter tires will slip in 1st if it's raining and I'm pulling to quickly without feathering the clutch/gas.
It's a powerful car with bad traction (tire issue mostly) but it's a hell of a lot of fun. And for the record, stomping it in 3rd gear on the highway on a dry day will also wiggle the back.
 

5amp5on

Well-Known Member
First Name
EJ
Joined
Oct 13, 2024
Threads
11
Messages
523
Reaction score
1,023
Location
USA
Car(s)
2026 Pathfinder Platinum, 2024 Z Performance, 2023 Sentra SV
Occupation
Finance
Pre TruControl it was fun squirly.

Post TruControl map 4 and higher it’s hang on and stay calm squirly.
 

Who.Am.Eye.2716

Well-Known Member
First Name
Phil
Joined
Feb 16, 2024
Threads
32
Messages
733
Reaction score
836
Location
WA State
Car(s)
Z
My Sport gets loose also. Its the cheap tires that has minimal to no traction. I've learned to control it.

Going to install the performance trim LSD and bigger tires to help with traction.
 
OP
OP

zeroptzero

Well-Known Member
First Name
Joey
Joined
Sep 7, 2026
Threads
14
Messages
173
Reaction score
137
Location
Ontario
Car(s)
26 Z
I've learned to be delicate in the rain/wet. Going around a slow corner in second can put you sideways if you try to accelerate a little bit. My winter tires will slip in 1st if it's raining and I'm pulling to quickly without feathering the clutch/gas.
It's a powerful car with bad traction (tire issue mostly) but it's a hell of a lot of fun. And for the record, stomping it in 3rd gear on the highway on a dry day will also wiggle the back.
Yes I can get the back to wiggle in 3rd gear on dry pavement, that was mostly the reason I posted. I know not to push it too hard in lower gears or slippery conditions. I don't drive mine in the rain and it won't see snow.
 

eabrick

Member
First Name
Erik
Joined
Aug 26, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
13
Reaction score
12
Location
Urbandale, IA
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z Performance, 2015 GMC Terrain
Occupation
Law Enf. Technology
Second day I had mine I turned left at a light, shifted to second, and it tried to get rowdy. Lesson learned! Now that I know what to expect, I like when it tries to kick out under acceleration. Wakes a passenger right up, that's for sure.
 

Kbl911

Well-Known Member
First Name
K
Joined
Mar 24, 2022
Threads
5
Messages
348
Reaction score
746
Location
FL
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z Proto Spec
Occupation
Wealth Management
I run Conti ExtremeContact Sport 02s on my Proto and I can break them loose (driving straight) during an aggressive 1-2 shift, still. And that's with 285s in the back. It really depends on how you drive, even with the LSD. But on the stock tires, you could spin those going into 3rd, easily; it was like the road was buttered :oops:
 
 






Top