Disappointment with the New 2023 Z???

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bus
Nope, great styling and it's fast enough for a rear two wheel drive vehicle.

The Mustang is a great car and great price point. The S650 is going to be an interesting reveal in the next week. I will be ordering one if it's close to what I've seen so far. :)

The Supra is the most similar vehicle and if you put the change between the two vehicles RRP, the Z is going to be quicker. BMW just runs a higher state of tune from the factory. Though detuned slightly from the M.

NecioVato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370z Nismo 6MT
Occupation
web developer
While I am underwhelmed with the Z based off of reviews - I can’t wait to see what people do with the car. I’m curious about the tuning ability of the car as well - I know people all refer to the Q60 and stuff but I feel that the new Z will be different and any shortcomings from the Q60 would be fixed with this first version of the new Z.

Overall the only things I really wanted from the new Z - was to have a twin turbo setup, a nicer interior and a better infotainment unit. While it would have been nice to have the Z be the better car and beat the cars we all wanted it to - I still think there is something to be for driving experience and a connection to the road. I feel like the new Z is offering this - so I can’t wait to see what the vloggers who mod do when they get their hands on this car. I think from there it will help in my decision as to whether a Z is in my future.

Bayareaz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
z
Dislikes: $10k markup for premium, terrible launch plan/poor dealer allocations, ugly front grill, huge fuel filler cover, useless "proto" spec, debatable if its a +$50k sports car

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 GT350, 2003 350Z (sold after 200,000 miles)
I’m disappointed that the suspension tuning isn’t better out of the box, but not surprised.

IMO the car has the important things done mostly right. Great looks, great interior layout, exciting engine, great platform for modifications.

The aftermarket should have suspension and brake setups immediately available. And a more exciting exhaust.

In normal times I’d think the base car is about $2,000 too expensive and the Performance is about $5,000 too expensive, but tough to say what a car should cost these days as they all seem to be relatively unavailable.

-T

forcer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E550
This one was just posted by the J29 boys 🤣

_nc_ohc=xtS9cTDTROYAX8MupQr&_nc_ht=scontent-hou1-1.jpg
funny enough when 90 supra released it felt like a disappointment.. and then the Z appeared and now supra actually looks like a better option lol, apart of questionable exterior

NecioVato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370z Nismo 6MT
Occupation
web developer
funny enough when 90 supra released it felt like a disappointment.. and then the Z appeared and now supra actually looks like a better option lol, apart of questionable exterior
Also people have a short memory - you used to be able to get the Supra for well below MSRP - then the pandemic hit and all car prices have gone up. Not to say the Supra is a bad car - I think they are amazing but again - the Supra was a car that every would sh!t all over it when it first came out. This is why I am hoping that when vloggers get a hold of this car - and we see the mods they do to it. I can't wait to see what they do as far as the suspension and the tuning and what type of issues they come across. I might be in the minority here but honestly - if I can get my car or a newer platform to be a great handling ride along with 550HP/500ish WHP - I'd be thrilled regardless if its faster than a tuned Supra etc. Its not a car that I would be 'racing' everyday if ever - it would just be used for fun factor and still have a lot of power to beat some V8s and other sports cars out there. :)