First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G37S Coupe 6MT, Q50S Hybrid, MDX
Occupation
Self
I hear ya. The same dummy who gave the green light to the MKV’s “questionable” exterior design was probably the same guy who devised the Z’s tiered pricing. $41K for an under-equipped base car nobody wants and $52K that’s too much for what it is AND both tiers have $hitty tires too. If there were a Sport + LSD, bigger brakes and Michelins for $46K you might change your tune a bit. That car would have better handling, braking and acceleration (5-10 percent quicker) and represents what most people want. As for higher expectations than what my mid-tier model would provide, only the aftermarket can handle that. Toyota doesn’t make a Supra, but the MKV is great if you want a BMW Z4 with “different” bodywork (trying to be polite) at a deep discount, but the MKV is a non-starter if you wanted a MKV Supra designed and made by Toyota. If you want a two-seat, six cyl Japanese sports car, the Z is literally the only one made in Japan. The Nismo won’t be anything more than you’ve said, though I think the price will be closer to $60K than $65K. Regardless, neither car would be as well sorted as your Camaro. Unfortunately, Nissan literally can’t financially justify a new platform, and who could blame them with little chance of ever selling more than an average of 10K Z cars per year - likely less with just the two tiers as-is? If one’s looking for a track car, your Camaro is it. If you want a Z for its looks, the nostalgia and because it’s made in Japan, you get the Z - you’ll just have to be patient for that mid-tier option, though I fear the Michelins won’t happen because Nissan seems to have an illogical hard-on for Bridgestones.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
click bait

1. not noticeable on the non proto also who cares
2. has a point but its not that bad
3 who cares
4 pretty sure its not a sticker just a paint line?
5 who cares
6 who cares
7 who cares
8 I guess
9 its not great on the manual I agree so get the auto lol
10 I dont mind the ASE
11 first ive heard of that same brakes as the 370
12. true
13 hood issues are a problem
14 meh its fine
15 Nissan is awesome

give me my 4 mins back

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
Im not at all disappointed, but then I'm also "owner 1" from this video:

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer
I’ve yet to see one out in the wild here in Seattle. Let me know if you own one.

-RJM

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
I’ve yet to see one out in the wild here in Seattle. Let me know if you own one.

-RJM
There's 2 dealers around Seattle that had cars 2 months ago. They wanted insane prices when I called so I cant imagine they sold lol. If you wanted to see one in person im sure they are still there.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer
There's 2 dealers around Seattle that had cars 2 months ago. They wanted insane prices when I called so I cant imagine they sold lol. If you wanted to see one in person im sure they are still there.
I saw the one at Bellevue Nissan but they wouldn’t even let me touch the door handle.

Prefer an owner that wouldn’t mind a passenger for a spirited drive.

-RJM

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
I saw the one at Bellevue Nissan but they wouldn’t even let me touch the door handle.

Prefer an owner that wouldn’t mind a passenger for a spirited drive.

-RJM
Yeah thats a little extreme, all the dealers I've been to have at least let me sit in them. I bet it'll be hard to find one to test drive tho. I don't think that will happen.

Georges1

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1972 Datsun 240Z
Occupation
Safety Engineer
Yeah thats a little extreme, all the dealers I've been to have at least let me sit in them. I bet it'll be hard to find one to test drive tho. I don't think that will happen.
I understand about not wanting to allow test drives. i would not want one with test drives, especially if the car had the crap run out of it. Also, it would have been nice if there were enough to have a demo for dealers, but Nissan could barely produce enough to send to each dealer for sale. I have been able to sit in the Z at the dealer & they let me look at & open whatever I wanted.