Diamond Black Metallic Nismo Z Today!

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
New Z in the Stable:) Drove it home ..43 miles in snow flurries here in Indiana! Too cold to safely drive it. Very different from the Proto Z.

IMG_2063.jpeg

IMG_2062.jpeg

OP
OP
71zman

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
congrats!! we are about to have 3 black Z NISMO owners on the forum. not bad!!

first impressions?
The Nismo handling couldn’t be more different from the Proto Z. All of the Floating feel and softness in the suspension has been addressed!! It handles Amazing … the brakes are much more responsive and crisp! It refreshing to have optional drive modes and the extra torque and power. Mid range power is surprisingly good! Really feel like the regular performance Z should have had some of these changes as well. The automatic transmission is super smooth ..gear changes are barely noticeable. I wish it was warmer here so I could really put it through it paces! The Recaro seats are fantastic. It’s kinda strange to have all manual seat adjustments tho. Overall way nicer car in person that Expected. Love the interior colors and front fascia, side and rear body changes too. One thing I don’t care for is the exhaust drone/sound. I’ll address that later. Also wish they had added a Nismo Engine cover, gas cap etc. But I can add that later I guess.

IMG_2068.jpeg

IMG_2071.jpeg

IMG_2069.jpeg

IMG_2070.jpeg

IMG_2072.jpeg

IMG_2067.jpeg

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
The Nismo handling couldn’t be more different from the Proto Z. All of the Floating feel and softness in the suspension has been addressed!! It handles Amazing … the brakes are much more responsive and crisp! It refreshing to have optional drive modes and the extra torque and power. Mid range power is surprisingly good! Really feel like the regular performance Z should have had some of these changes as well. The automatic transmission is super smooth ..gear changes are barely noticeable. I wish it was warmer here so I could really put it through it paces! The Recaro seats are fantastic. It’s kinda strange to have all manual seat adjustments tho. Overall way nicer car in person that Expected. Love the interior colors and front fascia, side and rear body changes too. One thing I don’t care for is the exhaust drone/sound. I’ll address that later. Also wish they had added a Nismo Engine cover, gas cap etc. But I can add that later I guess.
was your proto auto or manual?

good to hear these are some of the changes im looking forward to. I dont really mind loosing the power and heated seats from my performance. today was the first day I ever turned the heated seats on. you should pick up the NISMO carbon engine cover. I got it in the mail yesterday and its super high quality ( it damn well should be for the price) its gonna go great with the black

Last edited:

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Congrats! The black does look damn good.

OP
OP
71zman

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
was your proto auto or manual?

good to hear these are some of the changes im looking forward to. I dont really mind loosing the power and heated seats from my performance. today was the first day I ever turned the heated seats on. you should pick up the NISMO carbon engine cover. I got it in the mail yesterday and its super high quality ( it damn well should be for the price) its gonna go great with the black
My Proto Z is a Manual. :)