Got my name on a Black Diamond Pearl with Graphite Interior

OldGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z Nismo, Stealth Grey
I'm planning to drive down to OR to pick it up on Friday.

I got them to come down on the markup a little, but it's still overpriced. What are you gonna do, I want to get one before I'm too old to drive.

1679788596026.png

kecclest

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1978 C10, Exocet, 2023 Z
Occupation
PM
Congratulations! Mine is being delivered Tuesday and hoping to pick it up by Friday. Very exciting!

OP
OP

OldGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm driving down tomorrow to get the car.

It's a Performance 6MT. I really didn't want a black one, but beggars can't be choosers at this point. I got shot down on a white one last week.

Heavy Dupree

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 AMG C63S, 2020 Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Retired
Move to Florida, you'll feel like you're still using your learner's permit.

....however, you may be required to buy a Corvette if you're Medicare eligible.

OP
OP

OldGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My drive back from Portland went through some weird weather - snow, hail, rain, sunbreaks. I found a lot of crud built up in the rear, what looked like road salt or sand.

So I was looking around for a water hose at a gas station, where they have those air/water machines. Turns out they don't have water anymore. One of the gas stations runs a car wash, but I declined to run it through since it is brand new with no paint protection yet. They gave me a bucket of water and a towel to wash the stuff off, and they were standing around gushing over the car with praise. One of the attendants didn't know what it was and thought it was a 370Z or something. Nissan did a really lousy job publicizing the car I guess. Then again, people were still trying to figure out what my Mazda MX-5 RF was, even recently.

My Z seems to be missing HD Radio and a rain sensing windshield wiper. It works well with Tune-In on my smartphone via Bluetooth, so there's that. The FM radio sounds like crap with all the static and noise that HD radio cleaned up. Sports broadcasts tend not to be on streaming stations, so I''ll be stuck listening to them on crappy FM or AM radio.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
Congrats OG! I approve of it all except your ridiculous shirt. Go Chiefs!!