Dealerships, and car washing!

Brock

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 370z
I spent time, and money sealing my paint with a good ceramic finish. I wash my car with microfiber wash mitts, and brushes. I recently had a oil change at the dealership that I purchased the Z from. They advertise the fact that with any service, they wash your car. Sounds great! But they use a mechanical car wash with those big scratchy brushes. Don’t be a victim. It can put micro scratches on your new paint. My car is always pristine! You would think that anyone looking at the car would think! That car looks great! It doesn’t need to go through the car wash, but no! They do it anyway. Most Service Departments will input your request to not have your car washed when inputting your Vin number. Ask if they wash cars after service, and if they do. Request that they not! 😊

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
Yeah, using my indy mechanic for oil changes. No washes there.

Your car was probably worse looking after the service than before it went in!

OP
OP
Brock

Brock

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 370z
Yeah, using my indy mechanic for oil changes. No washes there.

Your car was probably worse looking after the service than before it went in!
Lol it was. Water spots, and all! I went home, and washed/waxed it! 😊

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
the plastic pieces on this car like the B pillar and the piece between the roof and hatch literally swirl if you look at them wrong. those are the places I would be concerned with any kind of brushing

im having PPF done to the front of my Z next week and im thinking about getting those area plastic covered too